Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: show off your ditech!

i FINALLY got my sr50 back and the stuttering is gone.

it seriously needs de-restriction cause it doesn't go past 30mph. bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by dojostudio
    i FINALLY got my sr50 back and the stuttering is gone.

it seriously needs de-restriction cause it doesn't go past 30mph. bummer.
    Great news man!

I'm sure you'll be excited to get it de-restricted... But in the meantime it's great to hear that you finally got you scoot back and you didn't have to blow the place up!

2002 SR-50 DiTech Corser Replica - Fully De-Restricted
    Polini 70cc Kit with Aluminum Machined Fuel Pressure Regulator Pin
    Malossi Kevlar Belt
    Malossi White Contra Spring
    Polini 2G Clutch
    5.9 Gram Rollers (17 x 12)
    Stock Pipe
    Stock Variator
    Stock Rear Gears

Quote Originally Posted by g0g0
    Special Belt? or Kevlar?
    Malossi Kevlar.
    Haribolman has the part number in the catalogue i gave him
    Aprilia SR50R 2012 Carb

Malossi MHR Replica
    Dellorto 21mm carb 90 main jet, 40 pilot, w9 needle second clip from top. using auto lube.
    Polini oversize reed block and manifold
    Polini crank, SKF c4 bearings
    Yasuni c16
    Polini 6roller 4.5g rolls
    Polini Kevlar belt p/n 248.078
    Malossi white contra spring
    Polini p/n 202.1370...13/44 primary upgear kit
    Stock clutch with polini p/n 245.030 6000rpm engagement springs
    Polini evo gearbox cover with roller bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by jimscoot
    Malossi Kevlar.
    Haribolman has the part number in the catalogue i gave him

Yep ok thanks, No need for the part number, i have one sitting in my workshop waiting for me to install it. When i get off my butt.

Quote Originally Posted by dam718
    Great news man!

I'm sure you'll be excited to get it de-restricted... But in the meantime it's great to hear that you finally got you scoot back and you didn't have to blow the place up!

oh beleive you me!
    i was about to

so happy to have it back, it rides like somthing out of Akira

I had heard that Kevlar is overkill if you don't have the 70cc kit, and that it could even slow you down on a stock cylinder. I have the Top Performances special belt, but it isn't Kevlar. No visible wear after 550 miles with it, and a lot less dust than the stock one left at 2500.

Has anybody else heard of or experienced this?

Kevlar belts are nice in that they are stronger and wear better... Most are advised not to purchase the kevlar belt unless you are replacing your stock belt... Many people think that the kevlar is going to give them better performance which is a bunch of shit... Now if you upgrade to a 70cc kit, it is reccomended to get the kevlar and replace the stock even if it isn't worn too bad simply because the added torque could make the stock belt fail...

Now as far as decreasing performance on a stock scoot... I think that is total bunk, simply because the kevlar belt is pretty much exactly the same as a stock belt only stronger... That is like saying that a new tire is going to make your car go faster... It isn't going to happen, but it might make you grip the road better in turns... Get what I am saying?
    02' SR Ditech - 03' Mojito Retro - 04' Mojito Custom

Visit Scootnfast.com for lots of scooter tuning tutorials and information!

ExTremE ScoOTeRs-
    ModIFied fOr PerFoRManCe!!!

apriliaforum Member Dale Zalaoras's Avatar

Well Put/makes Sense

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast
    Kevlar belts are nice in that they are stronger and wear better... Most are advised not to purchase the kevlar belt unless you are replacing your stock belt... Many people think that the kevlar is going to give them better performance which is a bunch of shit... Now if you upgrade to a 70cc kit, it is reccomended to get the kevlar and replace the stock even if it isn't worn too bad simply because the added torque could make the stock belt fail...

Now as far as decreasing performance on a stock scoot... I think that is total bunk, simply because the kevlar belt is pretty much exactly the same as a stock belt only stronger... That is like saying that a new tire is going to make your car go faster... It isn't going to happen, but it might make you grip the road better in turns... Get what I am saying?
    Well put-makes sense-BUT, tire circumference/size CAN alter top speed by changing effective final drive ratio or putting the engine in or out of it's torque peak/horsepower curve. Example: a 1/4 mile drag-race car could use 26" tall x 10" wide slicks and then change over to 28" tall X 8" wide rear tires for a top speed run @ Bonneville.
    Dale The Mad Greek Zalaoras

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Zalaoras
    Well put-makes sense-BUT, tire circumference/size CAN alter top speed by changing effective final drive ratio or putting the engine in or out of it's torque peak/horsepower curve. Example: a 1/4 mile drag-race car could use 26" tall x 10" wide slicks and then change over to 28" tall X 8" wide rear tires for a top speed run @ Bonneville.

OK I'll give you that smart guy, I'll be a bit more specific and try to make it a bit more clear as to what I am trying to say...

It is like saying a 215/60/R17 Good-Year tire is going to make your car go faster than a 215/60/R17 Dunlop tire... It isn't going to happen. While the compound of the rubber has changed allowing one to grip or wear better than the other, they are essentually the same thing and will not effect your over all vehicle's performance, the same goes with stock and kevlar vario belts.

Does that clear things up a bit?

ExTremE ScoOTeRs-

apriliaforum Member Dale Zalaoras's Avatar

Just Trying To Clear-up For Everyone-

Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast
    OK I'll give you that smart guy, I'll be a bit more specific and try to make it a bit more clear as to what I am trying to say...

It is like saying a 215/60/R17 Good-Year tire is going to make your car go faster than a 215/60/R17 Dunlop tire... It isn't going to happen. While the compound of the rubber has changed allowing one to grip or wear better than the other, they are essentually the same thing and will not effect your over all vehicle's performance, the same goes with stock and kevlar vario belts.

Does that clear things up a bit?
    I understood what you were saying and only wanted to try to make clear to others who read this thread. I liked your answer and example in the 1st post! Now the 15 year olds that read all this can appreciate our "down to earth" descriptions and examples for their new files filling up in their brains. I only wish I had resources like this one when I started wrenching 40+ some years ago!
    Dale The Mad Greek Zalaoras

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Zalaoras
    I understood what you were saying and only wanted to try to make clear to others who read this thread. I liked your answer and example in the 1st post! Now the 15 year olds that read all this can appreciate our "down to earth" descriptions and examples for their new files filling up in their brains. I only wish I had resources like this one when I started wrenching 40+ some years ago!
    FYI, When I called you a smart guy, I was just messin with you... I didn't want you to take it the wrong way... You were right and I should have been a bit more specific.

ExTremE ScoOTeRs-

well i definitely can't get into a debate about anything in this field...

but i hope one day i can, which will mean i won't have to ever visit my mechanic for my sr50...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I wonder which one of the stock and the kevlar belt would resist slipping better? Perhaps the "tyre compound" may have an effect on speed in this case if one or other belt slipped more under certain conditions (temps?) or after certain amounts of wear.

apriliaforum newb
    here is my baby
    Attached Images Attached Images    

i like the headlight better on those older models...

Page 6 of 117 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast