Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Habana Turn signals on a Mojito 150

Haven't had the time for the front lights. Good luck working on them. Take notes.
    Was on a group ride tonight with another Mojito present. He's going to do the euro tail light change too. We're converting more Mojito owners to the dark side.

apriliaforum newb

Cool Front turn signals removed

I just removed the US/DOT front turn signals on my Mojito, another major improvement as far as looks. If you plan on doing this, you only have to take off the bottom half of the handlebar covers (4 screws). I made the mistake of taking the whole thing off on one side, and it was a pain to get back together. Then just unclip the wires, wrap each wire separatley in electrical tape to avoid a short, and then tuck them back in and thats it! There will be 2 holes under each handlebar, but not really noticeable. I'll post some pics soon...

Thanks for the tip. I'll get around to it eventually.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks for the tips. Problem for me is that I'll need to pull those wires down to the euro lights as mine are not already connected. Looked at it last weekend and it's going to be a total PITA. We'll see how it goes.

apriliaforum Member mojito50newbie's Avatar
    I did 2 mods last week (on my 50cc)...I hooked up the front euro directionals, and got rid of the lic plate holder/light. For the front, all I did was remove the front fairing and glove box, took off the American ones and detached the wires and ran them down through the headset. The only problem I had was the wires weren't long enough...so, I extended them, and viola, they worked! Very easy job, looks so much cleaner, and reduces the number of flimsy plastic parts vibrating and rattling. In the back, I removed the license plate holder/light and mudguard, and moved the plate up under the tail light. I just drilled new holes in the plate and used the two bolts in the middle under the tail light...so much cleaner, and no more rattling from that anymore either. I am going to order the sideguards too...does motek still have them? I think speed-sports(?) has them too. Instead of the front and rear mudguards, does anyone know where I can find the chrome parts they have on the "custom" fenders? (I have the "Retro"...it's painted/flat plastic on mine, where it's chrome on the custom) or, are the fenders themselves "plated"?
    Last edited by mojito50newbie; 06-01-2005 at 01:18 PM.
    make your left brain suffer...
    http://www.reflectionssociety.com

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Glad you had success with the lights mojito50newbie. I'm going to attempt the fronts again this weekend.

As far as the chrome is concerned... yes, mototek and speedsport should carry the side guards. I'm still trying to find the front guard... if you happen to run across it, let me know. On my 150 custom, the chrome part of the front fender is a separate piece and bolts onto the rest of the fender. The rear fender has no chrome and is all one piece. I have never seen any of the chrome fender parts on sale anywhere, but I'm sure a dealer could order one.

I did see one of the front mudguards up on euro e-bay...I think in Germany for 60 euros...do a search for "Aprilia Habana" on e-bay uk...that's how I saw it...don't know how much shipping would be on that though

apriliaforum newb

Question Another Mojito SoCal owner

Just picked up a 150 custom and now need to start modification of this sweet scoot. Noticed the posting: "Aprilia Mojito with Habana Euro-turn signals" on the scooter bbs is archived therefore I canít get the information I need help. Thanks in advance

@ Earache...
    I called speed-sports about the chrome pieces...they said they can't get the ones I wanted, unless I buy the whole fender! Oh well, looks like I'll be doing some fabrication with a metal-worker friend of mine. I did ask about the front mud-guard you were looking for though...he said he discontinued carrying them because they didn't fit correctly. He said they had to "really mess with it" to get it on.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Sorry to hear that you can't get the parts for your fender. Kinda expected as much. I'm not sure why Speedsports said it was difficult to install the front guard... it's just 3 screws... you just have to get the alignment right. When I talked with them last, they said Aprilia had discontinued the part. I'll keep looking.

apriliaforum newb

Chrome, Lights and a Pipe

I ordered the mud flaps, front shield guard all chrome and Euro turn signals from Dave at Aprilia Ducati of Oceanside (760) 722-7704; 525 S. Coast Hwy Oceanside, CA 92054. They are in but waiting for one last part before I chase them down. Has anyone completed the front turn signal conversion from the drop down(s) under the handle bars to the ones mounted with in the front shield? The boys, Dave in parts, Tim in sales and Bals the owner at Aprilia Ducati of Oceanside have been really helpful.

Alex at Motorsport Scooters 4225 30th St, San Diego, CA 92104 (619) 291-7611 has told me he would look at trying to configure a pipe for the Mojito 150 Custom. The Third Annual Temecula Wine Country Ride & BBQ is this weekend the 10th of July and hopefully with in the weeks to follow I can post pictures of the the mods. Looking forward to modifying this already stand out in the crowd scooter.

John (aka Darth Scooter)
    ART Technology
    "resolution to your concern is what we provide"

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Great news John. Glad you were able to find your parts. So did you actually find the front chrome guard (see attached pic)?

I'm going to be tackling the front turn signals next week. Will let you know how it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Had the front signals removed about 3 weeks ago and connected the wires to the existing european signals. Looks great. Just some holes under the bars where the old signals were.

apriliaforum newb

Unhappy No and No

No front mud guard and no tear drop(s) for the rear lights. They had to order the tear drop(s) for the inside and outside to mount the rear turn signals. I went to visit Alex at Motorsport Scooters (4225 30th Street
    San Diego CA 92104 USA 619-280-1718, fax 619-280-1793) as soon as they get the Titanium Pipe they will call me to let me know to bring the Mojito down. I also picked up the service manual so if someone needs information drop me a line, easily scanned and sent. The Mojito gets the most riding time in town but the Vespa GT gets the rallies for now.
    "resolution to your concern is what we provide"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12