Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Habana Turn signals on a Mojito 150

apriliaforum newb

Thumbs up Habana Turn signals on a Mojito 150

Something Mojito owners might be interested in doing to make a cool scooter look even better.

http://scooterbbs.com/board/DCForumID11/1889.html

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Just ordered a kit from Bobby. Can't wait until it gets here.

Just saw that on the board. It looks great. What's the cost of the upgrade?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    It's probably going to come out to be ~$140 with tax and shipping. If you're interested, call Bobby fast so he can get it in the next order.

Just ordered the kit. Do your front signals on the body work? Not the ones hanging from the bars. Mine don't. I wonder if the kit will fix that.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Nope, my front euro signals don't work either. I actually just attempted to get access to them and found that there weren't any existing wires to connect to them. I'm thinking that they're using the wires to power the US style turn signals. So if I ever get full access to the lights, I'll see about disconnecting the US signals and running the wires down to the euro lights. Bobby said that the Mojito he retrofitted had both the lights working... go figure. The rear euro light kit will not include anything for the front lights according to Bobby.

BTW, I'm also having Bobby see about ordering the front chrome guard since it appears that it's been discontinued. I just recently got the side guards and love them. I've had them on about a month now and I'm already seeing some rust around the screw heads. Don't know if it's the screws or chrome that's rusting. Thinking of giving all my chrome a rubdown with a thin coat of oil.

apriliaforum newb

Front turn signals

When I originally got the scooter I thought that the Euro turn signals were running lights, after some fooling around we figured that they were actually turn signals. So then we wired both front signals to run at the same time, Now we're thinking either getting rid of the upper set, or have them as dedicated running lights... we'll see.

By the way where did you get the front side chrome protectors? I'm looking to add that on, and any idea how much $$?

Thanks

Dan

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Dan, do you know if there were existing wire harnesses for both the euro and US lights, or did you have to run wiring down to the euro lights yourself? How did you get to the euro lights, did you have to remove the jockey box or did you come if from the front? It looked like the only way in was through the jockey box.

The side guards I got from Jay at Mototek... he may still have some. Think I paid $80+shipping.

apriliaforum newb
    I'm pretty sure that the wiring was already there, it was just a matter of connecting the wiring of the euro lights to the existing US ones. I wasn't there when it was done, but I don't remember the mechanic saying he had to run any additional wiring, everything was already there. And he went though the box where the battery is.

Any one know where to get a wiring diagram for the front turn signals?
    Just had the Euro rear turn signals installed. The color coordinated plastic caps behind the tail light don't sit flush on the body. Anyone else have this problem?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I believe that there's a wiring diagram in the manual. If not, I've got a service manual I could post. I'll check tonight.

About the euro lights... I'm assuming you're talking about the body colored cone shaped caps that capture the lens. They should sit flush. Can you post a picture? One thing I can guess is that they got put on backward. There's a left and a right cap.

I don't think they were put on backwards. Here are 2 photos. The pointy end is where it doesn't sit flush. Also, any ideas on what to fill the old screw hole with in picture 2471?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yeah, they don't look like they're on backwards, but you'll see from my pictures that they're not exactly perfectly flush on my scoot either.

I did notice that the lenses don't look like they're on right. It should fit up tightly against the silver trim ring. Had to work on mine a bit to get them to where they are now, but still not perfect.

I plugged the holes with silver hole plugs I got from work. I think they're probably going to rust, so I'll be looking for something else. Let me know if you find something that works or if you want me to send you some of the hole plugs I used.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

The rear end of your fitting looks like mine, a little raised at the tail.

I pushed one light up against the the ring, the other is proving to be more difficult.

Thanks for the offer for the plugs. I've tried Home Depot and my local hardware store, nothing yet. I'll try some more. If I can't find anything, I'll take you up on your offer.

I haven't moved my plate. I'll see if I like it where it is.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The fit of the euro kit is pretty sloppy overall, but I do like the look a lot better. I decided to move my tail light/plate up after looking at Dana E1's scoot. It makes the whole rear look cleaner.

Let me know about the plugs.

BTW, have you made any attempt at getting to the front euro signals. I'm going to go for it this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast