Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Out the door price?

RuneRider

Out the door price?

I will be getting an Aprilia Atlantic 500 for my wife who has never ridden a motorcycle or scooter. I had the opportunity to test ride one yesterday and I was VERY impressed. What prices have you kind folks been paying for the Atlantic (out the door, tax, title, license, etc.)?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I will be getting a Valkyrie Rune and my wife decided since she won't be able to ride on the Rune with me, she would just get her own

ebetzs

Don't know where you are geographically but why don't you buy my brand new one and save $1000 or more. Only has 756 miles with a Givi screen and top case
    Capt. Al

bigbob313

O.T.D. $$$$$.$$

RUNERIDER: I'd sure like to see the front suspension of your new bike. I can't figure it out from the pictures. Anyway, I was in a position of wanting to "buy", more than the dealer was wanting to sell. I paid full list, plus. Other states treat you better on taxes & licensing. I ended up at $6807.19. This includes freight, and assembly. You may find that there are few 500's available. Depending on incoming shipments, and your ability to wait; Ebetzs offer may be one of the few 500's available now.

RuneRider

Re: O.T.D. $$$$$.$$

Bob - The front suspension on the Rune is a more modern version of the "trailing link" suspension that was on some motorcycles years ago.

We are located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The dealership where I test rode the Atlantic had the one Silver one that I rode. I was told I could order the color I wanted and have it, if the Georgia warehouse had it in stock, in four days. If not in stock in Georgia, possibly a 2 to 3 week wait for shipments to arrive from overseas. I was quoted $6100.00 out the door. My wife will be taking a MSF course early this month and then we will order one, unless of course they have one available at the dealership when we are ready. I was really surprised there was one available for test riding. I still can't get over how well it handled and ran.

bigbob313

More O.T.D. $$$

I believe your state has a different way of getting your money. My O.T.D. includes $558.04 that goes to taxes, license, title, ect. I also wonder if every one is hit with freight and assembly charges=$415.00.

RuneRider

Re: More O.T.D. $$$

I believe freight and assembly was $395.00. The dealership came down $400, or basically negated the freight and assembly. That helped to get it to $6100.00 OTD. I don't remember the exact tax, title, license, etc. fees. My quote sheet is at home and I'm at work.

Sometimes it pays to live in Texas

Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly 8o

ScudaMax

Re: More O.T.D. $$$

Here in CA an OTD price of $6100 would be pretty good negotiating. MSRP + 8.25% sales tax = 6170

The Lone Star State has cheaper gasoline too.

LCoop

Out De Door!

I live in Houston and was quoted $6200 and $6400 O.T.D. by the two dealers - $6100 soundz gooood! --LC

RuneRider

Re: Out De Door!

I thought it might be a good price too. I was curious to see if any other dealers around the country might be coming off of MSRP since the Atlantic seems to be so popular.

I'm hoping my wife can get enrolled in a MSF course and pass it and get her "M" endorsement so we can go ahead and order one and get it before Christmas. (y'all think that would be a good Christmas gift for my wife?) Of course I wouldn't be riding it any while I'm waiting for my bike to be produced. I still can't believe how impressed I was with the Atlantic. Things sure have changed over the years.

smahoneybev

Re: Out the door price

A local Boston dealer has 3 in stock at $5,399, I don't know if there are any other markups, Mass tax is 5%.

Pauls 500 NYC

Out the door price?

Im in NYC , I purchased in New Jersey $5499.99. He gave me $200 break for paying cash . Assembly $110 , $25 temporary out of state plate ,and about $500 in NY state taxes I pay next week when I register it , ( getting the most out of temporary plate ) . I know of a dealer in Jersey with 2 left . Good Luck & Safe riding to everyone !

bigbob313

Out duh door

Why am I not excited that Imay have set the record for O.T.D.?

Rhood

On the road price.(otd)

Here in the uk we always reckon we pay the highest otr/otd prices just about anywhere,bikes or cars.

The full otr price for an Atlantic/500 is(dollar equiv.)$7125
    if you include a top box(trunk) is $7575.

Because this is the worst time of the year for a dealer to "shift metal" as they say,it is just the best time to get a discounted deal.
    I have been able to strike such a deal on condition of cash and no part exchange on an in the showroom A500
    complete with top box for $5995.

The other plus is it will have a 2003 registration(Jan) although I won't be doing much riding until the weather picks up.
    When I shall send in some rider reports.

ebetzs

I live in southern Oregon near Medford. We have no sales tax and the current registration is good for two years.

ScooterBeeJ

ebetz, Is your Atlantic for sale? I am interested and live in Central Oregon. Email me at
    bj@scootertouring.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast