Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EFI problems - error codes (FULL list)

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavis73
    Hi Ride200mi

I just clicked on the link and the browser came up ok. I double clicked on the RST1000 folder and the files displayed correctly. I clicked and drug 2 of the files to my desktop and they coppied correctly. You might try it agian. I had the FTP software running on the upload until this a.m. Perhaps the files are not available until I have disconnected with the FTP server. If it fails again please let me know how it failed so I can correct it.

ftp://moderndiesystems.com/

Bob

Sorry but i dont see any rst1000 folder anywhere

Old post

Hi,

Sorry about that... if you notice the time/date stamp on these posts they are from March of this year. Tell me what you need and I'll put it back up on the FTP site again for you.

Bob

"Although all men are born free, slavery has been the general lot of the human race. Ignorant - they have been cheated; asleep - they have been surprised; divided - the yoke has been forced upon them. But what is the lesson? ...the people ought to be enlightened, to be awakened, to be united, that after establishing a govenment they should watch over it.... It is universally admitted that a well-instructed people alone can be permanently free."
    --James Madison

sorry but i didnt shaw the post date so because i am new in the aprilia forum i just needed the rotax manual and the parts of it and the service manual of the futura and also i read that you putting a powerlet plugin have you got any details about this subject?
    Thanks

apriliaforum Member Jean-François's Avatar
    Hi,
    you can find what you need at http://mbigeard.free.fr/rst1000/telecharger.htm
    Last edited by Jean-François; 10-28-2005 at 10:59 AM.
    2001'

No problem

Quote Originally Posted by tsillis
    sorry but i didnt shaw the post date so because i am new in the aprilia forum i just needed the rotax manual and the parts of it and the service manual of the futura and also i read that you putting a powerlet plugin have you got any details about this subject?
    Thanks
    Hi Tsillis,

I have uploaded the entire directory of documents as before. You should be able to access the FTP site as directed above and get whatever you might want. My documents are in english. The powerlet is explained pretty well on Wolfies aprilia page. You can find all the information in the GARAGE page.

http://www.wolfcentral.net/aprilia/

There are many more resources available both on Wolfies pages as well as many others. Don't hesitate to ask if you have a question. This forum is one of the best reasons to buy Aprilia. I like to do business with the guys at AF1 just because they set this all up for us.

The link for the Rotax manual as well as many others is

ftp://moderndiesystems.com

Double click on the rst1000 folder and click and drag the documents you want to your desktop or folder.

Bob Davis

"Although all men are born free, slavery has been the general lot of the human race. Ignorant - they have been cheated; asleep - they have been surprised; divided - the yoke has been forced upon them. But what is the lesson? ...the people ought to be enlightened, to be awakened, to be united, that after establishing a govenment they should watch over it.... It is universally admitted that a well-instructed people alone can be permanently free."
    --James Madison

Thanks Bobdavis73 you and all the guys in the forum you helped me a lot as a newbie i hope in the future to do sthing for you guys who knows maybe i ll organize a futura meeting in Greece

EFI code 17/39???

Quote Originally Posted by Befbever
    Welcome!
    Fault codes:
    12 - crankshaft (pick-up) position sensor malfunction.
    15 - throttle position sensor (TPS) malfunction
    18 - california only
    21 - engine temperature malfunction
    22 - air temperature malfunction
    23 - barometric pressure sensor malfunction
    33 - coil 1 malfunction
    34 - coil 2 malfunction
    35 - coil 3 malfunction
    36 - coil 4 malfunction
    41 - overturn sensor signal malfunction
    42 - injector 1 malfunction
    43 - injector 2 malfunction

You can download the owner's manual and the parts list here. I don't have enough space left for the workshop manual but I'm working on that.
    OK, so I hooked my diagnostic connectors up after a day last week where I had the "EFI 1" dash display thing on my way to work. I got "-1" (Throttle play too small- but I LIKE it too small!) Then, I asked for error codes, and the dash said "1739," and the "17" was blinking at about 2Hz, which I took to mean 17 and 39 were two separate codes.

Anyone know what these codes mean? I can't find them anywhere. After reassembling everything, I had no more "EFI 1" warning, so I'm chalking it up to rain getting into something (my Fut often acts up after rain).

Thanks,

Cyrus

'01 Futura: Charging mod, Regulator wiring mod, tank filler cap mod, Penske, GPS, Heated grips, PCIII, SpeedBleeders, floaterized rotors, 05 map, upsized battery, Ford E9TZ-11450-B starter relay, crappy MPG
    '88 HawkGT RC31 (Rock on...): EVERY mod imaginable (almost)
    '88 HawkGT Blue: RaceTech/Ohlins, Yellow wheels, Corbin, otherwise stock n' purrrrty!

apriliaforum expert bullit in head's Avatar
    Then, I asked for error codes, and the dash said "1739," and the "17" was blinking at about 2Hz, which I took to mean 17 and 39 were two separate codes.

thats just too funny!!!! it made me laugh, it is a joke right???????

if not, then it sounds like your clock is in setting mode!

bullit

Sounds very 'Back To The Future' to me. If you can charge the flux capacitor you'll find yourself at the start of the War of Jenkins' Ear.
    See the pickled ear for yourself!
    This Must Be The Place

- 2010 Honda VFR1200F. Remus Ti can, Bazzaz Z-Bomb restriction eliminator.

apriliaforum newb

Question efi problems ?

i was riding my bike to work when it lost all power just went dead five times in ten minutes started ok after pulling in to side of road fifth time went onto one cylinder managed to get going again on two cylinders rode home at a gentle 3000 rpm no problem i have checked battery terminals / block connector at the back of dash and all wiring in this vicinity ok, i have done the self diagnostic and i get code 1 any one out there know what this is?

Code 1 isn't an error code on the Futura so forget that.
    I would check my coil connections if I were you. One, then two cylinders... sounds very coil-like.
    This Must Be The Place

Possibly an intermittent short in the harness between the cylinders and if it happens often enough your coils are at risk as well. I would have expected a fuse to blow though.

Quote Originally Posted by chmccand
    Then, I asked for error codes, and the dash said "1739," and the "17" was blinking at about 2Hz, which I took to mean 17 and 39 were two separate codes.
    asked for error codes
    4 years with Futuras and I've never asked it for anything except more power.

Sooooo, how do you ask it for error codes? By pressing mode and set, as you would to set the clock?

4 years with Futuras and I've never asked it for anything except more power.

No wonder you break the chain and blow the tyres all the time!
    This Must Be The Place

Quote Originally Posted by Befbever
    No wonder you break the chain and blow the tyres all the time!
    ok, more power along with the odd prayer to get me to the side of the road in one piece

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast