Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can any body tell me how to de-restrict my aprilia rs50 plz

ApriliaBoy

can any body tell me how to de-restrict my aprilia rs50 plz

I have just brought a brand new aprilia rs50 2002 GP-1 it is a very nice bike but it is to slow. it only manages about 28mph normally and about 36mph down hill.

does anybody no how i can de-restrict my bike to make it faster ????

98shaikh

Re: can any body tell me how to de-restrict my aprilia rs50

Your exhaust will be restricted, if you got the money buy a performance exhaust £160, if you are like me and aint got the money de restrict it yoursel. Have a look at this post on this forum. it is a different exhaust pipe but i will be restricted in the same way.

pub165.ezboard.com/fapril...3124.topic

98shaikh

Your exhaust will be restricted, if you got the money buy a performance exhaust £160, if you are like me and aint got the money de restrict it yoursel. Have a look at this post on this forum. it is a different exhaust pipe but i will be restricted in the same way.

Also buy a new carb like a 21mm.

pub165.ezboard.com/fapril...3124.topic

ApriliaBoy

can any body tell me how to de-restrict my aprilia rs50 plz

Do i have to do 500 miles before i can get my bike de-restricted????

98shaikh

i don't know how many miles u need to do exactly but it is something like that. you have to run the engine in by not reving it to high. after this u can de restrict it.

ApriliaBoy

RE: can any body tell me how to de-restrict my aprilia rs50

what should my bike do roughly when it has only been de-restricted ?

98shaikh

Re: RE: can any body tell me how to de-restrict my aprilia r

About 55mph

Clarkie

u really should wait till youve done the 500 mile break in thing cause then u know ur cylinder is broke in properly and the garage can change the oil e.t.c. ( i think the gear box has special 500 mile oil from production) if u de-restrict it before they'll find out n void ur waranty. a bigger carb is a must, stock uk carbs are only bout 9 mm or summut silly, get a 21mm dell orta. they're tunable to a 50 and if u wanted to upgrade to a bigger cylinder it will work well too. juat a few things u should know tho, on brand new rs 50's on the manifold there's 2 anti tamper bolts, so make sure u have to tool to get em out, the exhaust port is alot smaller, so u'll need an adapter ( i know taffspeed sell em, but i bet af1 do as well) to change the size if the port for the exhaust gasses. and if u really wanna change ur cylinder, be aware of an anti tamper lip on the crank case, to get it out properly you'll need to strip ur case down and put it on a laith, or u could put ur new cylinder on a laith and take some off so it'll fit, but that may make it weak, n break... and u dont want that at 11000rpm.

CrAiGrOx2002

Right the stock Carb is a 12mm Flat slide Dell@orto, where as German Imports are 8-9mm, the new models are heavily restricted as Clarkie found out after i told him about the exhaust sizes... the sleevings arnt nothing special, AF1 wont do em as there bikes arnt like this, US bikes arnt restricted, but give them the task and they could make one, but there simple, in theory you should get one with most kits FOC if you mention its a `03 model...

98shaikh

Whats this exhaust adapter you are talking about. i have never heard of this. Do i need one on my bike?????

Aprillia Boy if your bike is anything like mine (2002 rs50) it will be restricted in every place you can think. At the moment mine only does 47mph and 0-30 in about 10sec. and that is with a 21mm dellorto carb.

Have a look at this site, you might have to do this with your exhaust if you cant afford another one (like me!!).

<a href="http://www.rsbikers.com/article-pot_detch.htm" target="top">www.rsbikers.com/article-pot_detch.htm</a>

jojy

running in

you dont have to do the running in thing before you de-restrict. i bought my bike de-restricted from the factory and ran it in like that, it was fine

CrAiGrOx2002

Re: running in

but run it in de-res'd as u can run a bike out u know...

ApriliaBoy

RE : running in

what was the last message all about and what is it ment to mean ?

ApriliaBoy

RE: can any body tell me how to de-restrict my aprilia rs50

are there any other restricters other then the one in the exhaust ???

98shaikh

The main restrictors are in the exhaust. first remove these restrictions and if your bike goes about 55mph+ thaen these are the only restrictions. if not there might be restrictions in other places like the cdi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast