Thread: Boosterplug (2017 Tuono)

apriliaforum prov-nov jerryx2000's Avatar

Boosterplug (2017 Tuono)

Hi guys,

I just ordered the boosterplug for my Tuono 2017. I love the Tuono at high speeds but its absolutely annoying at chill out city speeds.

The plug only works in the open loop period while accelerating. During steady throttle the ECU takes over. I don't want an ecu flash or Race map as I don't want my to void my 4 yr warranty. The boosterplug is from Denmark & has a 30 day money back guarantee.

https://www.boosterplug.com/shop/boo...uono-729p.html

How does it it work?

- If you can trick the Fuel Injection ECU to think the ambient air temperature is lower than the actual readings,
    the ECU will richen up the injected mixture by a certain amount.
    - The correct enrichment will greatly improve the driveability of your bike
    - Basically, it is done by adding some extra resistance to the Air Intake Temperature Sensor, and the method
    have been tested thoroughly by many independent sources and it actually works. No magic involved :-)

If anyone has tried it out on a TUONO please let me know.

Name:  BoosterPlug 1D2.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  19.9 KB
    Last edited by jerryx2000; Yesterday at 12:49 PM.

Once soldered an old radio volume control (variable resistor) into the coolant sensor signal wire of a yam XTZ 600 iirc and used that to trick the ecu to alter the fuelling, kind of worked, made it more ridable, but the temptation was to change all the time, once the novelty wore we took it out the loop.
    The original Blue and White!
    Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience

My 2017 runs perfect at all speeds.
    Runs warm at City speeds but that's all

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jayroc View Post
    My 2017 runs perfect at all speeds.
    Runs warm at City speeds but that's all

So you have no issues riding in town at 18mph in first gear? And hair pins in the twisties? I assume you have a stock bike & ecu.

Yes, stock bike,latest stock map update. No race
    maps
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryx2000 View Post
    So you have no issues riding in town at 18mph in first gear? And hair pins in the twisties? I assume you have a stock bike & ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryx2000 View Post
    I have a 2 mile stretch of rode on my commute to work everyday along a busy beach where the speed limit is 25. Everyday I get stuck behind people looking for a parking space or any other number of things. So literally every single day I ride at anywhere from 15-25 MPH for 2 miles. I have the race ECU, my clutch doesn't become fully disengaged until about 17-19MPH. My solution has been to drag the rear brake, which I do for 2 miles every day.

Is the air intake temperature sensor the same as one of the lambda sensors? If it is, the Race ECU is no longer utilizing them so it will do nothing for me. (I believe this is the case with any ECU flashes. OFT, Race ECU, Gabro).

I'll be following this thread though.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    2017 and my bike will idle at 10mph all day and is fine to ride at any speeds in first

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Allen View Post
    2017 and my bike will idle at 10mph all day and is fine to ride at any speeds in first
    Thank you! I guess we can delete this thread because Rex and Jayroc don't have any issues. This is a well documented and talked about topic on this forum.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=rough+fueling

Lets stick to the issue at hand please.

apriliaforum prov-nov YellowandBlack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaholic View Post

Is the air intake temperature sensor the same as one of the lambda sensors? If it is, the Race ECU is no longer utilizing them so it will do nothing for me. (I believe this is the case with any ECU flashes. OFT, Race ECU, Gabro).
    IAT and Lambda probes completely different. IAT is a varistor with 2 terminal connector. Booster Plug adds additional varistor to circuit, reportedly enriching by 6% when in open loop. Lambda has 4 leads, 2 are the sensor, 2 are a heating element, so if you unplug your Lambda, it is best to remove it altogether so it won't foul. My understanding is that a race ECU does in fact utilize Lambda if probe is present, but will run open loop, strictly mapping, and not throw error code if probe is removed. I wouldn't think a race ECU that ignored IAT would be desireable, but that is mere speculation on my part.

apriliaforum prov-nov YellowandBlack's Avatar
    Fatduc is another option, and might give better results. It adjusts the closed-loop mixture, and closed loop may be where you are running when the trouble occurs. Same Fatduc that fits Moto Guzzi works with Aprilia V4.

The race ecu eliminates this problem completely. But the warranty is void & it illegal for the road. In Switzerland & Germany you can go to jail & pay a high fine for that.
    According to Jens from the booster plug it only works in the open loop i.e during acceleration. In closed loop when the throttle is steady the ecu takes over. The o2 sensors are important for the booster plug.
    The Fatduc does not exist for the Tuono 2017 as per Fatduc.com?
    Last edited by jerryx2000; 08-13-2018 at 04:35 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    "Rapid-Bike easy" is what he needs, same as Fatduc but more sophisticated. It works, but in the end i flashed the racemap to my tuono.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin666 View Post
    "Rapid-Bike easy" is what he needs, same as Fatduc but more sophisticated. It works, but in the end i flashed the racemap to my tuono.
    one costs 159$ and the other 459$. For that price I would select a flash. No flash due to my 4yr warranty. What exhaust do you have with the race map? I heard a catalyst is bad with this map
    Last edited by jerryx2000; Yesterday at 04:15 AM.

See post #66 and down regarding the viability of Rapid Bike. From the Aprilia tuning experts Micah and Gabro.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?339105-Can-we-get-an-actual-answer-please/page5&highlight=Rapid+bike

I received the plug. This weekend Ill test it