Thread: A few mods to my ‘14 TV4 :) (video)

A few mods to my ‘14 TV4 :) (video)

Had the bike for about 18 months. Got it looking original. Made a few cosmetic and mechanical changes. It’s certainly looking different.

https://youtu.be/cq-a1B2SqXo

Cheers
    Ron
    Ron J
    President & Founder - Aprilia Owners Club of Australia
    Gold Coast, Australia

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - (Red) Upgraded Ohlins Rear Shock, Sato Rearsets, Gabro F27F Chip, Modded Link Pipe, Billet Intake Stacks, Open Airbox Kit, Backdated Airboot, Adjustable Clipons, Quick Release Gas Cap, Leo Vince Can, Ohlins Dampener, and more.

2014 Aprilia Tuono APRC - (Matte Black) Matris Rear Shock, Racetech Front Springs, Custom Valving and Shim Stack, Gilles X-Factor Rearsets, Rizoma Kit incl: Drag bar, risers, oil filler cap, & brake reservoir, CRG Arrow right mirror, matte carbon windscreen and heel plates, Akra slip-on, Race ECU & More

apriliaforum prov-nov Kevin79540's Avatar
    Looks great..nice job!

Looks great! What are your impressions of the suspension upgrades?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    How are the drag bars , do they miss the tank on full lock?and are the risers the same height as stock ?

apriliaforum expert Proctologist's Avatar
    Interesting additions..

BTW not noticing an Australian accent, no pun intended -)

Today:
    Ducati 1199 Panigale Rosso | Aprilia RSV4-R APRC ABS | Aprilia RSV 1000R (under construction)

Yesterday:
    Ducati 1098 | Suzuki GSX-R1000 | Suzuki GSX-R1100 | Kawasaki Ninja ZX600R | Suzuki TS185

Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    Looks great! What are your impressions of the suspension upgrades?
    Best money I’ve spent on the bike hands down! Performance increased. Power delivery is much different. First thing I would recommend before exhaust or ecu or anything else.
    Ron J
    Gold Coast, Australia

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - (Red) Upgraded Ohlins Rear Shock, Sato Rearsets, Gabro F27F Chip, Modded Link Pipe, Billet Intake Stacks, Open Airbox Kit, Backdated Airboot, Adjustable Clipons, Quick Release Gas Cap, Leo Vince Can, Ohlins Dampener, and more.

2014 Aprilia Tuono APRC - (Matte Black) Matris Rear Shock, Racetech Front Springs, Custom Valving and Shim Stack, Gilles X-Factor Rearsets, Rizoma Kit incl: Drag bar, risers, oil filler cap, & brake reservoir, CRG Arrow right mirror, matte carbon windscreen and heel plates, Akra slip-on, Race ECU & More

Quote Originally Posted by James13 View Post
    How are the drag bars , do they miss the tank on full lock?and are the risers the same height as stock ?
    Bars clear nicely. No issues. Comfortable, with just a touch of weight transfer over the front wheel due to body position. Nice compromise between clipons and oem bar. Risers are about the same height.
    Ron J
    Gold Coast, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin79540 View Post
    Looks great..nice job!
    Thanks!!
    Ron J
    Gold Coast, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Proctologist View Post
    Interesting additions..

BTW not noticing an Australian accent, no pun intended -)
    Canadian. Been living here on and off for 7 years. Ride year round! Loving life
    Ron J
    Gold Coast, Australia

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Which rizoma risers are they? I think I will give your set up a try!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Also did the risers come with the correct bolts so were ready to just fit with no issues ?

Quote Originally Posted by James13 View Post
    Also did the risers come with the correct bolts so were ready to just fit with no issues ?
    Not sure if the model number of risers. Best to match from Rizoma catalogue.

As for bolts. You’ll have to sort something, as the Aprilia OEM Setup bolts from triple up into risers and rizoma bolts go down into clamp.

I used black high impact hex head bolts and a flanged bolt inserted into the bottom of the triple to secure the setup.
    Ron J
    Gold Coast, Australia

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks for the info appreciated