Thread: Service

apriliaforum prov-nov

Service

I keep getting the Service warning and the red light flashing up on my screen. When I go into the ECU and the Dashboard diagnostics there are no faults listed. If I ask it to clear all faults and reset the service coupon it goes away but soon comes back. Everything is working perfectly, no problems with the transmission, all modes are working perfectly. I have just fitted this motor into this bike and I dont know the belt history but judging by how it performs I consider there is absolutely nothing wrong with the transmission. ABS is working normally as in the warning rotates between ABS and Service until you start moving then ABS goes away. Any ideas? BTW has anyone found a code reader that can be used on these?

The service alarm indicates a problem with the dashboard or ECU. Given that you have had the bike in bits and swapped in a different engine, this might simply be a plug connection not making good contact. Probably worth checking the pins and making sure everything is connected up properly and then do a complete reset by pulling the master fuses for a few minutes.

To use the OBD system you need an adapter cable that has the two pin connection for the bike on one end and the 16pin standard OBD socket on the other. It should also have a couple of power leads that connect to the battery. You can use any standard OBD reader then.

GuzziDiag is also available as a download, but I've never used it and it doesn't yet allow any control back to the bike as far as I know.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by plbuckland View Post
    I keep getting the Service warning and the red light flashing up on my screen. When I go into the ECU and the Dashboard diagnostics there are no faults listed. If I ask it to clear all faults and reset the service coupon it goes away but soon comes back.
    I recently had the same symptom with my Mana. I also checked for stored or active ECU or dashboard errors, sometimes a O2 sensor error was stored, at other times none were present but the service light was still active. Eventually I found that the tank ventilation tube was blocked, which lead to fuel starvation and caused the O2 sensor error. Fixing the tube solved all problems, including the service light. It seems unlikely that you would also have a blocked ventilation tube, but it's quickly checked, if only by removing the seal in the tank cap for a test to allow air in/out. And, there was a recall for Manas built prior to 2010 because the ventilation valve was buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by plbuckland View Post
    BTW has anyone found a code reader that can be used on these?
    As pointed out by Andy already GuzziDiag/IAWDiag is the way to go. Apart from showing all data send by the ECU via OBD it allows TPS reset, Learning paramater reset and test activations of ignition, fuel pump and speedo. All programs and links to the physical adapter can be found here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Another link to the connector: https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-...n-OBD2-Adaptor

Cheers
    Meinolf
    Last edited by Meinolf; 07-15-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Meinhof, have the belt retraining and wear potentiometer retracing functions been incorporated in 1AWDiag yet? Mark built a breakout harness so we could log them but then my Mana customers all sold or moved away so. Never got a chance to log them. Have you or anyone else done it yet?

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi Pete,

nope, not based on anything I did or have sent to Beard. I don't even know if the ECU BIN contains any code or data, this might as well be inside the TCU.

Cheers
    Meinolf