Thread: Fuel Quick Disconnect at Cost - I bought bulk

apriliaforum prov-nov

Fuel Quick Disconnect at Cost - I bought bulk

1/4" barbed coupler bodies - Colder part# LCD17004 - $18 - 2 needed for full set.
    1/4 NPT male fuel pump fitting - Colder part# LCD24004. $11
    3/8" barbed unvalved return line male fitting - Colder part# LC22006 $5

I have 5 full sets or i can set up individual.

It's a Colder dealer in Raleigh NC -

If we can get 3 or more people, I can get shipped ASAP.

LP,
    Regarding the 3/8" un-valved male fitting, the original plastic coupler bodies had protected latch levers to prevent the coupler from accidentally coming unlatched. The new metal bodies don't. So I decided to install a valved 3/8" male instead. With the valved male, should the return line coupler become detached, the fuel pressure would go high enough to cause very rough running and probably engine stall with little chance of fuel leakage. But with the un-valved male, if it became detached, the engine would continue to run normally while a)the fuel tank contents were pumped out on top of the engine and all over your pants, or b)the engine caught fire and burned the bike to the ground. Not saying my way was better or smarter, just providing food for thought.

Stu

apriliaforum prov-nov
    As always thank you! My Capo been laid up for over a year and the fuel pump issue has awoken! One of my quick disconnects seams broken as it popped out the plastic and spring upon disconnect.

Can you post a part number?

You make me think of just adding a pet-cock to cut off fuel when I need to disconnect.

This link - http://www.caporider.com/FuelLine.shtml
    Last edited by TerrenceLP; 07-11-2018 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerrenceLP View Post
    As always thank you! My Capo been laid up for over a year and the fuel pump issue has awoken! One of my quick disconnects seams broken as it popped out the plastic and spring upon disconnect.

Can you post a part number?

You make me think of just adding a pet-cock to cut off fuel when I need to disconnect.

This link - http://www.caporider.com/FuelLine.shtml
    If you mean that the guts popped out of the coupler, the only fix for that is a new coupler, and it seems you've posted the part number yourself.
    On the issue of the valved 3/8" male fitting, I don't think you understand why installing a petcock in that hose would not save your a$$ from a fire. But a check valve in that male fitting would - whether it was you who decided to open it, or if it came open accidentally. The link you posted to Caporider.com is me showing the parts and technique I used back in 2004. Unfortunately, I hadn't decided at that point to use the valved fitting and didn't update that post. Sorry for the inconvenience. The Colder # for the 3/8 w/check valve is LCD22006. http://tinyurl.com/y8juycdw

Colder LCD22006 Chrome Plated Brass Tube Fitting, Insert, Shutoff, In-Line, 1/4 Insert x 3/8 Barb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61T1os3Rw-L._SL1238_.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	362489
    Last edited by Stu_O; 07-11-2018 at 08:21 PM.