Thread: I Rode the Kawasaki H2 SX SE And Made A Huge Mistake!! APRILIA, READ THIS!

Angry I Rode the Kawasaki H2 SX SE And Made A Huge Mistake!! APRILIA, READ THIS!

The H2 SX is FAST, fun, full of electrical goodies and kinda comfy!

First off it's a really good looking bike. I love the lines, the metal flake, the swinger, TFT screen, all of it.

Riding impression: (I'm the 1st person to ride this bike, right out the crate.) Terrible! Handled and turned poorly, but then I realized maybe I needed to check the tire pressure... 36, 42, all's well... so I thought... till I read on the bike it should be 42, 42 ! Rode it the next day 5-17-2018, and WOW! Had the bike in full lean... Well, let's get back to that later. Power is NOT abrupt, came on smooth and powerful at 5k full spool at about 6k pulling very hard all the way near redline! In top gear bike blows past 100mph with ZERO problems, fast and hard! Quick shifter didn't work all the time, just needs adjusting. TFT display was SUPER nice to look at, Touring mode or the two Sport modes. You can see boost, throttle input, brake input, LEAN ANGLE, and more (I liked that). Cruise control would only let me cruise up to 85mph, didn't like that. Brakes. Coming from Brembo, these are mediocre. Nothing like the bite of the Brembos, but they worked. For a 573lb bike, it wasn't "flickable" but agile, even at high speeds. Was a tad buzzy in the bars in the 75-85mph range, but wasn't there at 90-100 mph area. When I dropped the bike into the clover leaf, it handled really well in full lean though I could feel the weight (was in the red on the lean meter), rear tire showed it as well... oops .

Ergos: Clip-ons are well positioned all hand controls are too. The rearsets brought back a bad feeling. My hip flexors hadn't felt this way since I had my new 1993 Gix 750! The feeling came on quick, about 10 minutes into the ride, not good. The heat. On this 70 degree morning, I could feel the bikes heat coming through the seat immediately after the bike warmed up. Two stoplights, then jumped on the hiway, so no "heat soak" from city traffic. In comparison, out of all the Aprilias I've owned, RSV 1 & 2 Gen, Tuono, Futura, none of them brought the seat heat this quickly like the H2 SX.

Would I recommend this bike, YES, IF the insurance premiums are not through the roof. This almost makes me wish I hadn't made the mistake of selling my Futura. This is why Aprilia needs to read this. I've been in the Powersports industry for a while now and there is STILL a market for a true SPORT Tourer. Come on Aprilia, we have the V4, frame us up another ST and show Kawi how it's done.

Troy

Not me in the pic! Haha

2007 Tuono 1000R Factory
    Cored OE Racing Cans‡Map2‡Pazzo Shorty Knock-offs‡15-40‡AF1 Link Plates‡Aprilia Sliders
    ‡
    Laminar Windscreen‡Lowered Pegs‡LED City and Tag Lights
    ‡
    ProTaper Universal Low‡Clear Signal Lenses
    2017 High-Ball in Suede Nuclear Sunset Orange

2001 Futura in Silver - Sold, after 8.5 years of service.

Retired - DJ, Turntablist, Creator and Mixologist.
    Cored OE Cans vs Leo Vince Titanium Vid
    Slammin' Tunes!

HF152, 10-26954
    HF564 .024-.028

Chrome extension to see photobucket blocked pics.

it has what 200hp - hope it "In top gear bike blows past 100mph with ZERO problems, fast and hard!

Can remember when the styling critics said the Fut was too angular, lol.

That's one of those bikes that must be seen in person before making a like/dislike "looks" opinion

apriliaforum expert thesprocket26's Avatar
    Thanks for the ride review. I was seriously debating purchasing this bike, but I was very concerned with the comfort factor. Hopefully I'll see one this year in person!
    If your idea of sport-touring is multi-position seats, cruise control and electrically-adjustable windshields, you’re probably not Italian and you don’t deserve a Futura. - Kevin Duke

2001 RST1000 Futura - GSXR coil mod, Magnecore HT leads, Honda reg/rec mod, custom built twin tail mufflers, LED high beams, LED front turn lamps, LED rear brake and turn lamps, Oxford heated grips, Oberon clutch slave, fancy blue hardware bits, air horn mod, pannier stainless cable retention mod, large Odyssey battery mod, 05 fuel map

Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    Can remember when the styling critics said the Fut was too angular, lol.

That's one of those bikes that must be seen in person before making a like/dislike "looks" opinion
    Yeah, it was was ahead of it's time in 01. I saw the Fut in a showroom and loved it! It's looks were so on point to me.

Quote Originally Posted by thesprocket26 View Post
    Thanks for the ride review. I was seriously debating purchasing this bike, but I was very concerned with the comfort factor. Hopefully I'll see one this year in person!
    No where near as comfy as the Fut. No legroom. If Ape would take the Fut's ergos and add them to the RSV, retune her and all that jazz we'd be back in business.
    2007 Tuono 1000R Factory
    Cored OE Racing Cans‡Map2‡Pazzo Shorty Knock-offs‡15-40‡AF1 Link Plates‡Aprilia Sliders
    ‡
    Laminar Windscreen‡Lowered Pegs‡LED City and Tag Lights
    ‡
    ProTaper Universal Low‡Clear Signal Lenses
    2017 High-Ball in Suede Nuclear Sunset Orange

2001 Futura in Silver - Sold, after 8.5 years of service.

Retired - DJ, Turntablist, Creator and Mixologist.
    Cored OE Cans vs Leo Vince Titanium Vid
    Slammin' Tunes!

HF152, 10-26954
    HF564 .024-.028

Chrome extension to see photobucket blocked pics.