Thread: Gen 1 Tuono/Mille exhaust

apriliaforum prov-nov

Gen 1 Tuono/Mille exhaust

Has anyone tried a Gen 1 Tuono exhaust on their Capo? I had the bikes together in my garage today and started thinking bigger primary pipes and single exit (and one less muffler) might mean a bit more performance and less weight.

Thoughts?

apriliaforum Member
    I have Staintunes and if they are as light as other aftermarket exhausts then would the small weight difference be worth it? I have the originals and they weigh more than lead, crazy heavy so if you have those bricks anything would have to be better.

apriliaforum expert
    Is the routing the same as the capo? If worry about clearing the rear shock
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by CapoEVT View Post
    I have Staintunes and if they are as light as other aftermarket exhausts then would the small weight difference be worth it? I have the originals and they weigh more than lead, crazy heavy so if you have those bricks anything would have to be better.
    Everyone has slip ons at this point. If you could eliminate one whole side, I'd say you could lose 10-15lbs. The Tuono primary pipes are bigger as well. A lot of V Strom exhausts are 2 into 1. Seems like if Aprilia already figured out this configuration for our engine, we should be able to use it.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa Gaz View Post
    Is the routing the same as the capo? If worry about clearing the rear shock

Routing is the same- rear cylinder through the swingarm by the shock. Just not sure about clearance up front, or under the swingarm to the right. I may buy a used one on eBay and try it out.

apriliaforum Member
    That isn't your Capo for sale on CL is it? I've got an alert for them in case someone wants to part ways with OEM bags in good shape. Two of them are up for sale, when it rains it pours. I looked all over for one, found it but now there are two more. Always seems to work out that way.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by CapoEVT View Post
    That isn't your Capo for sale on CL is it? I've got an alert for them in case someone wants to part ways with OEM bags in good shape. Two of them are up for sale, when it rains it pours. I looked all over for one, found it but now there are two more. Always seems to work out that way.
    Nope. Mine's a keeper. The '06 looks nice.

my capo has 2" straight through blue flame end cans off my falco.

the original headers are used but from the point where they split left and right under the bike.

sounds good (if not too loud) but did need remapping, it was asthmatic before remap but very torquey and more fuel efficient after.

Yes it will fit, but with modification. Clearance is tight. A bod here in Oz did it. Note, you end up with an ugly space under the seat. Also, bracketry is not straightforward. If I can find the photos, I will post it up.

Then there is fuelling to be sorted..etc etc. I seem to remember the guy here saying that it changed the torque range quite a bit. Less low down and a bit more narrow. Not sure if this was a lack of fuelling work done on TuneECU or it was simply inherent with the exhaust change.

Honestly, whack on some LV's or GPR's and you will have a similar weight reduction and less hassle.

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

If you don't necessarily need road homologated exhaust, Polish manufacturer Dominator has just started selling complete ETV exhaust system.
    http://dominator.pl/en_GB/c/ETV-1000-CAPONORD/552

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Capoandrew View Post
    Yes it will fit, but with modification. Clearance is tight. A bod here in Oz did it. Note, you end up with an ugly space under the seat. Also, bracketry is not straightforward. If I can find the photos, I will post it up.

Then there is fuelling to be sorted..etc etc. I seem to remember the guy here saying that it changed the torque range quite a bit. Less low down and a bit more narrow. Not sure if this was a lack of fuelling work done on TuneECU or it was simply inherent with the exhaust change.

Honestly, whack on some LV's or GPR's and you will have a similar weight reduction and less hassle.
    I've got LV's. They are boat anchors.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Since Rotax Aprilias and their parts are worth a bag of cheeto's now, I should probably swap a whole Tuono motor while I'm at it. I wish this bike would go like my Tuono...

apriliaforum expert
    Ahh, but it's different type of beast compared to the tuono. It's not built for scratching. It's more of a 'get there in comfort' type of bike lol
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa Gaz View Post
    Ahh, but it's different type of beast compared to the tuono. It's not built for scratching. It's more of a 'get there in comfort' type of bike lol
    Would be just as comfy, but much faster;-)