Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Dorsoduro - Disconnecting Plugs/Electrics

  1. #1
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK.
    Posts
    37

    Dorsoduro - Disconnecting Plugs/Electrics

    My Dorso is a 2013 that i bought accident damaged with only 1000 miles on the clock, aside from the bits of cosmetic damage the bike is like new as you can imagine...

    Now, its laid up over winter been prepared for summer. I know that these things suffer on electrics so what i want to do is unplug a lot of the connections and fill them with dielectric grease to protect things should i ever get caught out in the rain.

    Just wondering if there is anything I SHOULDN'T be unplugging i.e something thats going to start throwing faults up when it eventually goes on the road...???

    Any help appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    607
    As long as the battery is disconnected, you can unplug everything.

    Good luck, some of the connectors require the entire bike to be taken apart!
    Dorsoduro 750 - commuterised
    Hayabusa Gen2 - never gets wet
    SV1000SZ - heavily modified
    GSXR750K 1989 Slingshot - owned from new
    GSX750 Inazuma - old commuter
    SV650 Curvy - top all rounder

  3. #3
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK.
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    As long as the battery is disconnected, you can unplug everything.

    Good luck, some of the connectors require the entire bike to be taken apart!
    Cheers. Im not gonna go mad on every connector, just what i can get to and any that seem exposed.

    Have you done it Andy? i.e do you think its advantageous?

  4. #4
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    607
    It is a good idea, but no, not bothered myself.

    Just be very careful of the immobiliser wire when you lift the tank.
    Dorsoduro 750 - commuterised
    Hayabusa Gen2 - never gets wet
    SV1000SZ - heavily modified
    GSXR750K 1989 Slingshot - owned from new
    GSX750 Inazuma - old commuter
    SV650 Curvy - top all rounder

  5. #5
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK.
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    It is a good idea, but no, not bothered myself.

    Just be very careful of the immobiliser wire when you lift the tank.
    Yeah, I'm aware of that as i have a slightly swollen tank (ooo err missus), downside of it been stood with fuel in i guess while it was with the insurance people...

  6. #6
    apriliaforum expert tubad56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carlisle Cumbria UK
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by TELLIS302000 View Post
    Cheers. Im not gonna go mad on every connector, just what i can get to and any that seem exposed.

    Have you done it Andy? i.e do you think its advantageous?
    Exactly the way I went, and so far had no probs (touch wood) My thinking was it wouldn't hurt and anything that would help make the electronics more waterproof would be a plus
    2010 Factory DD that I want to make FACTORY Factory
    Shes there ... stands at 22.96kg shed.

  7. #7
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Oceanside, CA. USA
    Posts
    6
    Just put the bike on a tender for the winter and you'll be OK.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK.
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by tubad56 View Post
    Exactly the way I went, and so far had no probs (touch wood) My thinking was it wouldn't hurt and anything that would help make the electronics more waterproof would be a plus
    Sound. Ill get on it when i remove the tank. Thanks

  9. #9
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK.
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by jablonskimm View Post
    Just put the bike on a tender for the winter and you'll be OK.

    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Not sure how this stops water getting into multi plugs etc...?

Similar Threads

  1. [Futura] FS USA Aprilia Futura RST 1000 Full Wiring Harness Loom Wires Plug Electrical
    By Brian777 in forum Aprilia Parts and Accessories for Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2014, 11:26 AM
  2. Electrical connectors, like the mirror/turn signal plugs?
    By BHW in forum RST1000 Futura (all years)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 08:36 PM
  3. Electrical Plug Rear Subframe - what is it for?
    By Thunderstruck in forum RSV Tuono, Tuono R, Tuono Racing, and Tuono Factory (2002-2005)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 09:11 AM
  4. Electrical Plug
    By teacherboy in forum RSV Tuono, Tuono R, Tuono Racing, and Tuono Factory (2002-2005)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 09:05 PM
  5. Electric/GPS/BMW plug???
    By rmandzij in forum ETV1000 CapoNord (2001-2007)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-28-2004, 08:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •