Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 60+ on the T4

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey007 View Post
    I am late 50's ( actually 18 when I put on my Helmet) and ride an do track days with guys that are from early 60's to mid 70's and ride A group at Big Willow...
    That's awesome. I've had a lot of fun hooking up and riding with guys, and seeing the look on their faces at rest stops when we take off our helmets. I feel 18 on the bike as well

Willow Springs. I haven't thought about it in too long.

apriliaforum Member
    Two oh no,
    If you feel good at 61 and continue your fitness regimen I would get the Tuono. At this age you have developed valuable riding skills and should be mature enough to not ride over your head. Use this to your advantage. You donít have to be on the throttle 24/7 and should enjoy the bike for all its fantastic merits. I started doing Track days a few years ago on my trusty Honda 600 and wish I would have begun sooner. Went from rookie class to intermediate and onto expert/ advanced last season. Probably have 300000 miles of street riding under my belt but the track has improved my skills ten fold. I purchased a 2017 rsv4 rr last June and have 5000 miles with the intent to track it next season. I have a few riding and Track buddies my age as well. I turn 72 in April. Go for it!

58 and loving my Tuoldo. In a state of arrested adolescence. LesRisky, love the analogy!

TwoOhNo, here is a shot of my long-time riding buddy/brother-in-law on his triple 9 at Big Willow on his 70th birthday in 2015:
    Name:  Steve Big Willow Smaller.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  65.4 KB

With the tinted screen you can't see his bushy grey eyebrows...
    "I spent most of it on scotch, cigars and women. The rest I just wasted"

Current: 2008 Tuono Factory w/arrow, mapII
    Sold:
    Well sorted 2001 TL1000R
    2003 RSV-R spec Mille

Never to old . 61, arthritis , triple bypass , fat as fuck and do track days . Never to old ! Most weekends ride 250 miles a day . Never to old to have fun dammit .
    04 Tuono
    09 Husqvarna SM610IE
    84 R100RS
    83 R100RT
    08 Concours14
    12 Tuono V4 a-PRC

Quote Originally Posted by ghedunk View Post
    Never to old to have fun dammit .

Am.... spring chicken then, 47 now..... I can look forward to a bright future

RSV4 R 13 Street & Track
    RSV4 RR 16 Track ( construction done )

apriliaforum Junkie
    55 here. Still ride dirt bikes, maybe not as hard, and fast like I used to...I don't heal well, lol. Still cruise on the HD, and when the need for speed hits me...to the TV4 I go!

Wife has been giving me shit lately to stop the dirt riding, as I usually do have one, or two get off's a year. I tell her...'if you don't crash once in awhile, means you're going too slow!!'

'16 Aprilia Tuono RR
    '13 BMW F800GS
    '07 Aprilia RXV4.5 w/CA Plate
    '99 Harley FLSTS
    '90 Honda CR500
    '02 KTM 520EXC
    '09 Buell 1125CR-sold
    '08 Ducati 1098-sold
    '06 Suzuki GSXR1K-sold
    '04 Triumph Daytona 955i-sold
    '99 VFR800-sold
    '94 Harley 1200 Sporty-sold
    '83 GS1100ES-sold
    '49 Harley Panhead-sold
    Husky 250CR-sold

You're on a dirt bike & only have 1 or 2 get offs a year? Take the fucking training wheels off & ride that thing.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by dcboy View Post
    Two oh no,
    If you feel good at 61 and continue your fitness regimen I would get the Tuono. At this age you have developed valuable riding skills and should be mature enough to not ride over your head. Use this to your advantage. You donít have to be on the throttle 24/7 and should enjoy the bike for all its fantastic merits. I started doing Track days a few years ago on my trusty Honda 600 and wish I would have begun sooner. Went from rookie class to intermediate and onto expert/ advanced last season. Probably have 300000 miles of street riding under my belt but the track has improved my skills ten fold. I purchased a 2017 rsv4 rr last June and have 5000 miles with the intent to track it next season. I have a few riding and Track buddies my age as well. I turn 72 in April. Go for it!
    Wow. That's perfect; exactly what I was hoping to read when I started this thread

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    58 and loving my Tuoldo. In a state of arrested adolescence. LesRisky, love the analogy!

TwoOhNo, here is a shot of my long-time riding buddy/brother-in-law on his triple 9 at Big Willow on his 70th birthday in 2015:
    Name:  Steve Big Willow Smaller.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  65.4 KB

With the tinted screen you can't see his bushy grey eyebrows...
    Tuoldo lol. Your brother in law rocks

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
    You're on a dirt bike & only have 1 or 2 get offs a year? Take the fucking training wheels off & ride that thing.
    My routine: Ride, ride faster, ride faster, crash, get up, check bike, repeat. That's why I sold my dirt bike too

58 and a half...
    Only took up db recently. Trained all last summer, and rode 1500 miles in Chile; offroad.
    I WILL do a track day this spring/summer on my greeeeatttt big olllldddd 01 RSVR, probably AMS, or Road ATL...
    Never too old to ride, never too young to give a shit.

Ride!!

although not today; 1.00068 inches of snow. Most of South ATL closed, some roads not even salted, light traffic to the pharmacy, where I discovered it was too cold to buy drugs..
    Jimbob
    Actually, Formerly Teachin DevilDogs to ride bikes
    01 RSVR, 10 HD XR1200 (for sale!) 11 BMW 1200RT, 04 1150 RT gone, 97 Honda VFREVER, KLX250S
    00 RSV-gone, 04 Futura-gone - 04 Futura-gone..

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I'm 38 now and I've learned a lot from the old timers. So many bad, irresponsible riders out there on the streets and 99.9% are under 30. Squid army.

apriliaforum expert 2nd Childhood's Avatar
    I turn 65 next month and have no plans to change things in regards to riding. Hell, I bought a WR250R last fall and once the weather gets a bit nicer, will be off-roading with my best friend, who's only a year younger than me. Like my signature says......
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I was younger I was afraid I'd die riding. Now that I'm old and falling apart, I'm afraid I won't.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Very encouraging, 2nd Childhood. I rode a YZ250 for years, finally decided that my ability to bounce was suffering. After this thread, I'd consider buying a stable mate for the Tuono. First things first

By the way, love your signature. I couldn't have said it better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123