Thread: RSV4 no spark, help needed

apriliaforum newb

RSV4 no spark, help needed

Hello everyone
    I can not start engine in my RSV4. So far I checked spark plugs, ignition coils, relays. There is no spark on any cylinder. But I am not sure if my attempts were corrects.
    First of all, can any one, please, tell me how can I check ignition coils in RSV4? According to service manual I know how to measure it's resistance, but is there any way to check secondary winding?, or can I check coil with spark plug with DC supply?, Coil has 3 pins, 1 - +12V, 2 - ground, 3 - trigger? Am I right?, what resistance should be between 1 and 3? In my coils there is a shortcut between 1 and 3 (around 0ohm)? is it normal?
    Is it possible that all 4 coils are damaged?, it all started when I disassembled engine due to low oil pressure - oil pump was replaced. After that I can not start engine?
    No errors are reported by ECU - checked with Guzzidiag. When starter is activated fuel pump relay is activated too. Connecting LED diode between 1 and 2 I see that LED is blinking - but there is no spark on the plug
    any suggestions are welcome

apriliaforum Junkie
    Happen to check all the fuses? If everything else is working as it should then a plug in or clip isn't connected tightly? If your coils we're bad not all four would go bad at the same time....so it tells me theres something else????

apriliaforum newb
    All fuses are ok. I also think not all 4 coils broke down at the same time...The question is how to check coils to be sure they are ok?, of course computer can be also damaged, and how can I be sure that ignition module is not faulty (without sending it to electronic service)?