Thread: oil leak + triangle

oil leak + triangle

the bike 2010 RSV4R 22000 kilometres, basically happy with the bike but sometimes I have a f-ck this moment. I find general riding no problems , when I do track or extended high rev riding oil leaks from valve covers. I see a fix for it in tech tips section. Had both valve cover gaskets changed twice by bike shop mechanics so assume they did it ok , Just wonder why this happens is it a excess pressure or poor design issue. Yesterday had another f-ck this moment , got the urgent service message and bike revs to 7000 max. No error message in dash diagnostic. Another look into tech tips. Ordered diagnostic leads+adaptor ( thanks plocky ) Thanks AF1 for an intelligent site apart from the looneys in Off Topic section

catch ewe later bob

Thanks for the mention.

The diagnostics cables will help you understand what the issue is, sounds like it may have gone into limp mode.
    Without the codes, impossible to guess why, if you're in a hurry take to a dealer/mechanic with PADS.

BTW: when you hook up the cables & read the stored error codes for the first time with IAW/GuzziDiag you will get some old codes that have not been cleared recently & may not relate to your current issue, so record them, then clear them using IAW/GuzziDiag, then start the bike briefly (unless the last thing you heard was a loud clunking noise ) & check for new errors.

As for oil leaks from valve covers, there was an RSV4 replacement valve cover that fixed this on the early models.Updated valve cover gaskets and valve cover part #s to fix leaky valve covers

Hey!! be careful I'm one of those looneys in the Off Topic section. lol.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum expert Proctologist's Avatar
    Ask and you shall receive: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...y-valve-covers

Happy New Year !

Today:
    Ducati 1199 Panigale Rosso | Aprilia RSV4-R APRC ABS

Yesterday:
    Ducati 1098 | Suzuki GSX-R1000 | Suzuki GSX-R1100 | Kawaski Ninja ZX600R | Suzuki TS185

Thanks gentlemen I will see what mysteries the IAW/GuzziDiag revivals when the cables arrive.
    (unless the last thing you heard was a loud clunking noise ) Bike still starts ok
    the only clunk is my head hitting a wall a few times from the joys of a sick motorcycle

catch ewe later bob