Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: 2017 Naked Tuono +Mods @Motovida Kelowna, BC

  1. #1
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13

    2017 Naked Tuono RR +Mods (@Motovida: Kelowna, BC)

    Hi Everyone

    Spent the last couple months working on my 2017 Tuono RR

    Brent Giesbrecht @ MotoVida in Kelowna did all the work I wasn't able to do myself (Particularly the Fabricating and Wiring)

    https://www.motovida.com

    Thought I'd post a few pics for everyone to see

    I know this style isn't everyone's cup of tea, so no worries if you don't like it, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.

    Had a limited budget so forgive the lack of perfection in some areas

    Link to the Arrow Exhaust Firebreathing Video (DB Killer Removed). https://www.facebook.com/motovidacyc...8008007730076/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25394907_759793197551557_7109219605459894684_o.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	348839  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25395054_759681840896026_1876369751599792260_o.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	348840  

    Last edited by avandelay; 12-30-2017 at 10:49 PM.

  2. #2
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13
    List of Mods:

    All Fairings Removed
    Tank / Tail Wrapped in Satin Metallic Silver
    Custom Fabricated Font Numberplate / Stacked Headlights
    Relocated TFT to Handlebar
    Removed Carbon Can/ Relocated Coolant to Custom Tank in that Spot
    Painted Rad/Cooler
    Arrow Slip-On (No ECU Update Required)
    Removed Flapper Cables (Left Servo Installed)
    Rizoma Tail Tidy
    Rizoma Mirrors
    MotoGadget Bar End Indicators

    Now in about 3 months if it stops snowing maybe I can RIDE it again

    Enjoy!
    Last edited by avandelay; 12-31-2017 at 12:47 AM.

  3. #3
    apriliaforum Junkie yamaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    250

    2017 Naked Tuono +Mods @Motovida Kelowna, BC

    Quote Originally Posted by avandelay View Post
    Arrow Slip-On. (No ECU Update Required)
    So no ECU required? Are the Canadian ECUs the same as European spec or are they US?

    Well done! Great looking bike!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by yamaholic; 12-31-2017 at 01:45 AM.

  4. #4
    apriliaforum Junkie yamaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    250
    Ok so letís say for arguments sake the Canadian ECU is European spec which from what weíve all heard runs richer. Iíd like to see the difference because it would have to be one hell of difference. I mean the stock map is shooting flames... come on now! the Race ECU canít be essential. It just canít!

    The stock ECU is putting more gas in the engine than it can burn therefore FLAMES! There is no way you run the chance of being too lean to cause damage after installing a slip on with a baffle. Thatís a straight pipe shooting flames with a stock ECU can we break the mold that itís completely necessary now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    apriliaforum Junkie johnnyjellybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Laurentian mountains, Quebec
    Posts
    298
    I've been toying with the idea of making my bike a fully naked too. I'm not fond of your front headlight and would have probably looked for something similar to a Ducati Streetfighter style lamp but I really dig the rest. How did you attach the gauge cluster to the handlebar or triple tree?
    2013 Tuono V4
    2007 Harley Streetbob 120RWHP/120RWTQ

  6. #6
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaholic View Post
    Ok so let’s say for arguments sake the Canadian ECU is European spec which from what we’ve all heard runs richer. I’d like to see the difference because it would have to be one hell of difference. I mean the stock map is shooting flames... come on now! the Race ECU can’t be essential. It just can’t!

    The stock ECU is putting more gas in the engine than it can burn therefore FLAMES! There is no way you run the chance of being too lean to cause damage after installing a slip on with a baffle. That’s a straight pipe shooting flames with a stock ECU can we break the mold that it’s completely necessary now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So now you are saying you don't need a re-map with a race slip on becasue flames come out? LOL! Look, if you want to put a slip on your bike do it and don't re-map. Eeveryone here has told you otherwise but you are one of these guys that knows it all and won't listen I guess. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

  7. #7
    apriliaforum Junkie johnnyjellybean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Laurentian mountains, Quebec
    Posts
    298
    The flames are there because there is no longer a cat and the unburnt gases are igniting in the exhaust. Popping and a few flames on closed throttle decel are not the end of the world. it means there is a bit too much fuel at closed throttle. What's important is the A/F while riding and the throttle is open and that, you will NOT be able to establish without either using a dyno or some sort of data logging as measuring tools.
    2013 Tuono V4
    2007 Harley Streetbob 120RWHP/120RWTQ

  8. #8
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyjellybean View Post
    The flames are there because there is no longer a cat and the unburnt gases are igniting in the exhaust. Popping and a few flames on closed throttle decel are not the end of the world. it means there is a bit too much fuel at closed throttle. What's important is the A/F while riding and the throttle is open and that, you will NOT be able to establish without either using a dyno or some sort of data logging as measuring tools.

    Exactly! And as has been shown, yes these bikes run rich at WOT....it's all the other areas of the fuel curve they may be lean to meet emmissions etc. If you really want to be thorough, do some dyno pulls that simulate cruising and part throttle, not just WOT.

  9. #9
    apriliaforum Junkie davidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Laytonsville, MD
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by avandelay View Post
    List of Mods:

    All Fairings Removed
    Tank / Tail Wrapped in Satin Metallic Silver
    Custom Fabricated Font Numberplate / Stacked Headlights
    Relocated TFT to Handlebar
    Removed Carbon Can/ Relocated Coolant to Custom Tank in that Spot
    Painted Rad/Cooler
    Arrow Slip-On (No ECU Update Required)
    Removed Flapper Cables (Left Servo Installed)
    Rizoma Tail Tidy
    Rizoma Mirrors
    MotoGadget Bar End Indicators

    Now in about 3 months if it stops snowing maybe I can RIDE it again

    Enjoy!
    Where was the CLF ECU moved?

  10. #10
    just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Westminster, CA - USA
    Posts
    14,038
    Quote Originally Posted by davidon View Post
    Where was the CLF ECU moved?
    There is no separate CLF ECU, hasn't been one since ABS came along (it is part of the ABS module).
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

    Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

  11. #11
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaholic View Post
    Ok so let’s say for arguments sake the Canadian ECU is European spec which from what we’ve all heard runs richer. I’d like to see the difference because it would have to be one hell of difference. I mean the stock map is shooting flames... come on now! the Race ECU can’t be essential. It just can’t!

    The stock ECU is putting more gas in the engine than it can burn therefore FLAMES! There is no way you run the chance of being too lean to cause damage after installing a slip on with a baffle. That’s a straight pipe shooting flames with a stock ECU can we break the mold that it’s completely necessary now?
    Dealer says it will be fine and I'm not a track kinda guy so not worried about the final 5% performance.

    I guess we'll have to see how it runs in the spring!

  12. #12
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyjellybean View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of making my bike a fully naked too. I'm not fond of your front headlight and would have probably looked for something similar to a Ducati Streetfighter style lamp but I really dig the rest.
    Those street fighter lamps look really great! I like them a lot too. Would probably allow you to hide some wiring behind it, but there is a LOT of cables that come out of the front Fairing


    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyjellybean View Post
    How did you attach the gauge cluster to the handlebar or triple tree?
    I'm not sure how Brent did that but I will ask him

  13. #13
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyjellybean View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of making my bike a fully naked too. How did you attach the gauge cluster to the handlebar or triple tree?

    Brent built a plate that attached to the clamp, and the TFT attached to the plate, pic attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0228 (1).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	348993  


  14. #14
    apriliaforum expert laker213's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,847
    Looks like terrific fun


    - Tim

    2015 Piaggio Fly 150 - "It's small and white?"
    2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory - holy crap
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium - DungeonMaster's old steed

  15. #15
    apriliaforum Member Donger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    232
    Slap the knobby tires on them to finish the look. As of right now, it looks like the guy who did your work gave up.
    Current bike(s):

    2017 Tuono Factory

    2007 CBR600rr trackbike

    Past bikes:

    2008 Ducati 848

    2010 Ducati Streetfighter S

    2011 Ducati Streetfighter S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tuono mods? Wiring / clocks etc
    By BenDTWR in forum RSV Tuono, Tuono R, Tuono Racing, and Tuono Factory (2002-2005)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-23-2006, 10:06 AM
  2. Tuono mod pricing questions.
    By Silver-Bolt in forum RSV Tuono, Tuono R, Tuono Racing, and Tuono Factory (2002-2005)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 09:35 PM
  3. My new Tuono - Mods ?
    By RSVKlimaxx in forum RSV Tuono, Tuono R, Tuono Racing, and Tuono Factory (2002-2005)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 09:50 AM
  4. A Few Tuono Mods.....Pictures
    By RoyB in forum RSV Tuono, Tuono R, Tuono Racing, and Tuono Factory (2002-2005)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 04:37 PM
  5. Best Tuono Mod
    By cppela in forum RSV1000 Mille, Mille R, and Mille SP (1998-2003)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •