Thread: 24 hours spare in Miami mid Jan - what to do?

24 hours spare in Miami mid Jan - what to do?

OK, so reaching out to you guys on the other side of the pond for some advice.
    I'm having to attend a conference in Miami Jan.'18, will be flying in late afternoon on Sat.13th & meetings don't officially start until the Monday morning, 15th.
    So what are the 'must do/should do' while I have the spare little bit of spare time.
    I won't have transport as we will be based at the Marriott for the whole week, but maybe there is a local bike store/bar or something I could visit for a bit of culture?
    Is there a cafe somewhere close buy where you guys ride from on a weekend I could get to and soak up the atmosphere and check-out some of the bikes ??

Thanks in advance.
    Fire Red Falco, my 1st Love.
    sidestand mod (Hayabusa), charging mod, larger sealed airbox, Gabro chip lower Buell rider pegs, braided lines, custom rider seat, home brew hard panniers, OHlins bouncer
    Add Two Tone RS Touring Futura'04, knock-off levers, charging mod, 05map, NWS hugger, Ohlins shock, 12v socket, lowered rider pegs, 848 twin exhausts, revamped plate hanger with pannier support.
    What's not to love!!.er

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I've never lived in the Miami area, but since no one else has said anything, I'll throw this out there:

If you want to do any actual riding, then perhaps you could rent a moto and ride down to Key West. It's a long way down there (around 100 miles) and I have no clue what the conditions would be like, but it's worth considering. About 25 years ago I drove about half way from Key Largo down toward Key West, but ran out of time and had to turn back.

Good Luck

Don't know how many Futura guys are from FL. Might post the question in the "Off Topic" section.
    JD

'01 Futura

apriliaforum expert thesprocket26's Avatar
    I know there are a few Pegasos running around in that area.
    If your idea of sport-touring is multi-position seats, cruise control and electrically-adjustable windshields, youíre probably not Italian and you donít deserve a Futura. - Kevin Duke

2001 RST1000 Futura

apriliaforum newb
    Totally off Aprilia and/or Futura path, however this guy not only does vintage guitars but has or had several exotic vehicles over the years. A real man-cave!

http://www.miamivintageguitars.net/