Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 16-17 Aprilia RSV4 and 17 Tuono Motorcycles Brembo Recall

apriliaforum Member andyandtherman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    cant say for certain, but its looking like ALL 2016-2017 RSV4 are effected worldwide. The # reported to USA NHSTA suggests that is every RSV4 in the USA.

Your dealer prob wont know more than I've posted at this stage. Prob less.

I know we cannot legally sell any new bike that is under federal recall until the recall work is complete. He shouldn't let it roll until its fixed.

Ed, do you feel the bike is ok to ride at a cruising, non gonzo pace, or should we just park them?
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    Ed, do you feel the bike is ok to ride at a cruising, non gonzo pace, or should we just park them?
    this is what Aprilia says on the matter

Please note that until the internal float element has been replaced, the vehicle must be ridden judiciously, taking into account the possible loss in braking capacity, moderating speed and maintaining longer safety distances. Customers must not use the vehicle on the track until the replacement has been completed.

apriliaforum Member andyandtherman's Avatar
    Can't get much more clear than that. Thanks Ed.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

apriliaforum Member
    Maybe everyone knows but I don't think I've seen it posted here so FYI -

This recall affects all brembo PR16 radial master cylinders, these are found on KTMs, Ducati and Aprilia across at least some 2015-2018 models. Aprilia was just the first one to issue a recall. Ducati shortly followed saying 8000 bikes are affected in the US. Doesn't look like KTM has issued a recall yet but they have bikes that are affected and probably will soon. Ducati says their recall is expected to go out feb. 15th, a full month after aprilia's so hey maybe that means aprilia gets the first parts?

For any owners in Australia that are affected; I have just talked with the Tasmanian Aprilia dealer & they quickly processed my VIN, called me back within 5 minutes, confirmed recall on my bike & they have back ordered the parts.
    The tech said that he spoke with Aprilia AU who said they ordered the recall parts before Christmas, estimated time of arrival from Italy is expected sometime in the next 2 weeks.
    That's the best he could come up with, no guarantee on the ETA.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    For any owners in Australia that are affected; I have just talked with the Tasmanian Aprilia dealer & they quickly processed my VIN, called me back within 5 minutes, confirmed recall on my bike & they have back ordered the parts.
    The tech said that he spoke with Aprilia AU who said they ordered the recall parts before Christmas, estimated time of arrival from Italy is expected sometime in the next 2 weeks.
    That's the best he could come up with, no guarantee on the ETA.
    How nice of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Road trip to Austin once receiving the recall letter...possible uploading new map for my bike with dyno...
    Current bike(s):

2017 Tuono Factory

2007 CBR600rr trackbike

Past bikes:

2008 Ducati 848

2010 Ducati Streetfighter S

2011 Ducati Streetfighter S

apriliaforum newb
    Very good news. Should be fixed well before the Island WSBK. I emailed my dealer but haven't rung as I assumed they will be down on staff over xmas / ny.
    Must ring Monday and make a booking.
    Thanks Plocky

apriliaforum newb
    Out riding this morning with some mates in an endeavour to beat the heat. Got chatting to an RSV4 rider at the Shell Oberon . Said his warranty had been done last week by the Parramatta dealer.
    Happened to be sporting a good looking stubby Austin Racing slip on. Bloody loud

Quote Originally Posted by Chip4now View Post
    Out riding this morning with some mates in an endeavour to beat the heat. Got chatting to an RSV4 rider at the Shell Oberon . Said his warranty had been done last week by the Parramatta dealer.
    Happened to be sporting a good looking stubby Austin Racing slip on. Bloody loud
    Do you mean the recall for brake MC piston fixed (subject of this thread) or a warranty service?
    Hmm, Parramatta, that would be Bike Biz I guess.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    just got a pre-lim bulletin.

VINS will not be loaded until after Jan 15th. Looks like all 16/17 V4s with the radial pump (16 Tuonos excluded) will be recalled by Brembo

Dealers will be doing a full replacement of the internal piston, a part #, and procedure has been laid out

Owner Notification: Each owner of a vehicle included in this recall will be notified by first class mail. In this letter Aprilia USA will describe the details of the concern, the cause, and the correction addressed by this recall. In addition, Aprilia USA asks that each owner contact their respective Aprilia dealer to arrange for an appointment to have the parts and labor required of this recall completed. Please make every effort to accommodate your recall customers within your existing service schedule. Please note that until the internal float element has been replaced, the vehicle must be ridden judiciously, taking into account the possible loss in braking capacity, moderating speed and maintaining longer safety distances. Customers must not use the vehicle on the track until the replacement has been completed.
    ED, I bought my bike from AF1 in Nov. and had the shop do 100% race only build for me, LOVE THE BIKE.. I live in Upstate NY and will not be able to get the recall done before Race practice season In Feb.. Could you please advise me to what complete part I should buy from AF1 to do a complete replace? Not concerned about price, just need awesome brakes for racing..My bike is the 2017 RF..I appreciate and respect your guidance on this matter .Thanks, Scott Reynolds
    Last edited by scotman623; 01-06-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    NIZE.........

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    Do you mean the recall for brake MC piston fixed (subject of this thread) or a warranty service?
    Hmm, Parramatta, that would be Bike Biz I guess.
    Yes on both counts. Brembo and Bike Bjz

Quote Originally Posted by Chip4now View Post
    Yes on both counts. Brembo and Bike Bjz
    Excellent!! That means parts for the recall are in Oz = mine might be done soon.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I haven't checked, but word is Aprilia loaded the USA vins to the checker now.

apriliaforum Member
    Accurate just ran mine and it's showing up as impacted

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast