Thread: North Coast 500

apriliaforum prov-nov

North Coast 500

Hi folks

Me and a mate are thinking of doing the North Coast 500 around June next year and wondered if anyone here had done it and had any recommendations on accommodation? Should we book accommodation in advance or wing it and take a chance on finding accommodation as we go? And does anyone have any personal recommendation re hotels, b&b's etc.
    Also be interested in people's thoughts about good routes to take as side trips off the main NC500.

apriliaforum Member
    And I'll be listening closely, as I'll be doing it with my gal and another couple in August. We'll have camping gear also, to ease the financial pain, should the weather allow.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by YVRFACTORY View Post
    And I'll be listening closely, as I'll be doing it with my gal and another couple in August. We'll have camping gear also, to ease the financial pain, should the weather allow.
    Now that's a trip and a half, Vancouver to north coast of Scotland! You hiring bikes when you get over here?

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisty View Post
    Now that's a trip and a half, Vancouver to north coast of Scotland! You hiring bikes when you get over here?
    No, we're shipping them. $2500 return; can't rent anything for 6 weeks for that amount, and it will be cool to have our own bikes... Buddy's is a 'Wing, mine an F6B with an added tour trunk for the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisty View Post
    Hi folks

Me and a mate are thinking of doing the North Coast 500 around June next year and wondered if anyone here had done it and had any recommendations on accommodation? Should we book accommodation in advance or wing it and take a chance on finding accommodation as we go? And does anyone have any personal recommendation re hotels, b&b's etc.
    Also be interested in people's thoughts about good routes to take as side trips off the main NC500.
    You need to get more than 10 posts then contact rh Scotland in the caponord 1000 section he runs a trip every year around parts of Scotland he will have lots of info

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    You need to get more than 10 posts then contact rh Scotland in the caponord 1000 section he runs a trip every year around parts of Scotland he will have lots of info
    Thanks Haga Lout, does this count towards my ten posts? ��