Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am SO tempted

apriliaforum Member

I am SO tempted

Lurvely. Would I be entering a world of pain?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-R...8AAOSw5n5ZhFH2

apriliaforum expert
    Nice clean looking bike, You only live once and I reckon you could knock him down a bit!
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

It's just a futura it says Millie like motor in a softer tune just like your capo is a Millie like motor in a softer tune having said that the futura is a good sports tourer it's the bike Honda should of made for the vfr800 there a all day tourer and at the time the looks where odd but the moden bikes now have gone for the same look if you like it get one the one thing you need to check is the king bearing on the back wheel and all the bad bits that you know about on the capo

apriliaforum expert dadsafrantic's Avatar
    Iíve always wanted one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dadsafrantic

2015 Red Caponord #64
    2008 Mana Grey #81, hyperpro springs and shock, gpr furuore, rigid lights, bark busters, kaoko throttle lock, puig touring screen

Quote Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
    I’ve always wanted one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just think capo but a bit more power and a bit more lent over 180 mile tank range with a good seat as I said fast capo but not a comfy

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    It's just a futura it says Millie like motor in a softer tune just like your capo is a Millie like motor in a softer tune having said that the futura is a good sports tourer it's the bike Honda should of made for the vfr800 there a all day tourer and at the time the looks where odd but the moden bikes now have gone for the same look if you like it get one the one thing you need to check is the king bearing on the back wheel and all the bad bits that you know about on the capo
    That's King bearing with a silent 'Fuc' I presume? I've started to read the Futura section and have come across a few references to it. I'm not completely au fait with what the issue is yet - apart from the fact it's an expensive fix.

Quote Originally Posted by goldencapo View Post
    That's King bearing with a silent 'Fuc' I presume? I've started to read the Futura section and have come across a few references to it. I'm not completely au fait with what the issue is yet - apart from the fact it's an expensive fix.
    It's a one off bearing not used on eneything else in the world when it goes it takes out the rear wheel hub and it's like every wheel bearing except you need a new wheel , hub and a genuine aprilia bearing I was lucky in ignorance when I had my futura I didn't know about it and it never gave me a problem but if I was getting one now I'd be checking it first

apriliaforum expert northern phil's Avatar
    Ive had 2 futuras, chopped the last one in for my capo.

Theyre a wonderful bike, bit quicker than the capo, much sportier riding position. I miss mine terribly as i think theyre stunning.

I could never get away with the bar position, for long days in the saddle my wrists would give me loads of gyp. But i have bad wrists.

The capo is much better for that but now i have a sore arse, too upright. Ill sus that one out in time as i love the bike.

If you love your capo but want a sportier feel and ride, get one.

The only BIG Achilles heal, as Geof said is the king bearing on the back wheel. Make sure its good. Theyre extortionate money to replace. Plenty of write ups in the fut section on that one.

Phil.

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks Phil, thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by northern phil View Post
    Ive had 2 futuras, chopped the last one in for my capo.

Theyre a wonderful bike, bit quicker than the capo, much sportier riding position. I miss mine terribly as i think theyre stunning.

I could never get away with the bar position, for long days in the saddle my wrists would give me loads of gyp. But i have bad wrists.

The capo is much better for that but now i have a sore arse, too upright. Ill sus that one out in time as i love the bike.

If you love your capo but want a sportier feel and ride, get one.

The only BIG Achilles heal, as Geof said is the king bearing on the back wheel. Make sure its good. Theyre extortionate money to replace. Plenty of write ups in the fut section on that one.

Phil.
    If you want more power but the still want the ride of the capo do what I did Take it to grant and let him put a full futura set up in same shift pattern for the gear leaver If you want more power go for a Millie/ tuono motor but you get the reverse gear pattern or if your just daft build a mk2 single plug 1060 big bore motor I'm 50% into this prodjet motor in frame all elec's done need to mount dash make front pipes and sort forks got rc 30 swing arm / wheel in with chain on

Lurvely. Would I be entering a world of pain?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-R...8AAOSw5n5ZhFH2
    Well it looks tidy.....I'm sure January will be a quiet month for most 2nd hand bike dealers......why not make them a low offer & see what they say.....with all the snow falling up't north you just never know with sales targets etc...

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1) Moto GP Rep ..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack ..

apriliaforum Member
    yeah, I wouldn't want to go north of 2500, inc the cost of the trip in the van to deliver it down to me. And before that there's the train fare up north to look at it etc.

yeah, I wouldn't want to go north of 2500, inc the cost of the trip in the van to deliver it down to me. And before that there's the train fare up north to look at it etc.
    Before wasting your time & the dealers time perhaps a phone call to them to say the above, maybe worth going in at £2,250 as a starting offer, as I presume you'll be a cash buyer with no part ex...

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..

(2000 RSV Mille Gen 1) Moto GP Rep ..

(2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals ..

(1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack ..

Had a look at the advert and was amazed to find that this was the dealer I bought my Caponord from 10 years ago!

They were Benelli dealers then and nice folk to deal with, I seem to recall the chap who runs it is an ex motorcycle racer so is more passionate about bikes than most salesmen I've had to deal with.

Nice looking Futura Btw, half tempted myself but happy with my current fleet

Pugwash
    Remember, you cannot outrun a motorola!

2003 Caponord
    2007 FJR1300AS
    2010 KLX250

apriliaforum Member
    Well if yer passing P, have a dekko for me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast