Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 rsv4 for sale $6200.00

Feedback Score

2010 rsv4 for sale $6200.00

Iím selling my 2010 RSV4. First off, I have to let you know that I am speech impaired and must communicate via email or text.

This bike is in really good condition. I just took these pictures on 12/15/17. The only issue it has is some fuel tank bumps. I understand this is a common problem. I never used ethanol fuels but its obvious previous owners did. I try and avoid ethanol in all my bikes. I believe I have priced the bike very fairly based on industry data and the current market. Current mileage is 10,511.

This bike fully changed my perception of Aprilia. I get it now. Iím just not a sport bike guy. Of all the sport bikes Iíve ridden this is the most comfortable one. But still, itís a sport bike. Not my kind of ergonomics. I love how it looks too. If I had room I would keep it but just donít. Need to make room for a Tuono.

The V4 engine has captivated me.
    I purchased this bike from a family friend that was in a financial bind. New baby, moving, all kinds of stuff and they were trying to sell the bike but had a lien on it so tough time selling. At the time we had an independent dealership so I bought it from them to help them out with the intent to just sell it for what I paid them. And then I rode it. And it was staying. Yet the ergonomics just donít work for me. I want a Tuono.

Iíve done a very detailed inspection on this bike. It was approaching the 10K miles mark when I got it and I couldnít verify if the valve clearance inspection had been done. So I did that and while it was apart took a good look at everything. The bike is in really good condition. The previous owners took good care of it. In person it will match the pictures. As far as the valve clearances, the only ones requiring shim adjustment were the exhaust valves. The entire valve train and cams looked outstanding. As did everything else that was visible. I also did a leak down test on all cylinders with my aviation leak down tester. All cylinders were super tight and all the same. Outstanding.

As far as the rest of the bike, the tires are essentially brand new. Iíve only put a few hundred miles on them. Fresh oil and filter. No other service required at this time. I bought some spares before I started the inspection like brake pads and stuff but didnít need them. All that little stuff will go with bike too. Also have a carbon fiber front fender. I took it off with tire change and took to a composite shop to repair a small nick. Looks perfect now.

This is a private party sale. We closed the dealership this fall as it was too complicated to keep going with my speech issue.
    Please email me with any questions you may have. If you need additional detail pictures Iím happy to accommodate. If youíre a first time Aprilia buyer this is a great opportunity to experience the magic at a very good price. Or if your looking for a clean bike to turn into a track bike this is a great choice. Again, happy to answer any questions.

I have many more detailed pictures and I'm happy to email them. Number of postings limited on here. Totally understand.

Email dc10md@cfl.rr.com

Phone - Text Only - 321-231-4128

Dave Shotsberger
    Orlando Florida

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 R.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	570.1 KB 
ID:	348538Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 A.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	550.0 KB 
ID:	348539Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 C.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	516.0 KB 
ID:	348540Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 D.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	549.5 KB 
ID:	348543Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 F.jpg 
Size:	558.2 KB 
ID:	348544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 G.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	552.1 KB 
ID:	348545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 H.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	530.4 KB 
ID:	348546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 I.jpg 
Size:	560.1 KB 
ID:	348547
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 E.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	545.5 KB 
ID:	348541  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSV4 B.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	543.6 KB 
ID:	348542  

Dave S.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 R
    2007 BMW X-MOTO
    2001 Ducati Monster 600
    2009 H-D XR1200
    2014 H-D Night Rod Special
    2013 Yamaha TW200

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Nice looking bike and a great price! Wish had it lying around as I'd snap this up!

Feedback Score
    There is actually very affordable shipping to NC from here. I think 50 Mobile Shipping is hubbed in NC. I used them for some shipping and the communication and timing was fantastic.

Just sayin
    Dave S.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 R
    2007 BMW X-MOTO
    2001 Ducati Monster 600
    2009 H-D XR1200
    2013 Yamaha TW200

apriliaforum expert Proctologist's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Clean bike, and fairly priced.

GLWS!

Today:
    Ducati 1199 Panigale Rosso | Aprilia RSV4-R APRC ABS

Yesterday:
    Ducati 1098 | Suzuki GSX-R1000 | Suzuki GSX-R1100 | Kawaski Ninja ZX600R | Suzuki TS185

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is there something weird going on or am I just misinformed? 2010, non-factory(?), yet it has magnesium engine cases? I thought only the factories came with magnesium engine covers?
    I find tinsel very distracting.

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBER41 View Post
    Is there something weird going on or am I just misinformed? 2010, non-factory(?), yet it has magnesium engine cases? I thought only the factories came with magnesium engine covers?
    Also the factory uncircumcised bar ends, aftermarket grips and levers, and factory orange lens integrated mirror blinkers
    BUT I don't know that year AT ALL so maybe some came like that

apriliaforum expert
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If it's legit it would be a great (cheap) way to get into track days! The bike is worth far more then $6200! I would assume the changing of the clutch housing is for the neutral issue most 2010's have?

Feedback Score
    Gentlemen,

Many of you on here are have far greater knowledge of the history of these bikes. I cannot answer those configuration questions. All I can say is if things were changed after delivery they were most likely done as upgrades not as damage repair. There is no evidence on the bike of damage. And as far as the original body parts that were changed to carbon fiber, I have all of the OEM stuff. It came with the bike. And they are not broken.

I can find no history of any accidents or insurance repairs.

For additional info, here is the VIN ZD4RKC014AS000380.

I'm a full disclosure guy. No secrets. I've gotten burned by people hiding stuff and I WILL NOT do that. I'm also selling a semi basket case '77 CB550-4 that I bought on eBay and got snookered pretty bad. Don't have time to mess with it anymore, lost interest so selling it as is full disclosure and taking my loss. Fortunately its the only time it ever happened to me.

Dave S.
    Dave S.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 R
    2007 BMW X-MOTO
    2001 Ducati Monster 600
    2009 H-D XR1200
    2013 Yamaha TW200

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could be, and I certainly don't want to blow up somebody's sale. But it won't be the first time that I've called-out a scammer here, so let's see if he responds. As you said, there could be legit reasons for changing them out. But, based on the initial pitch (speech impairment), coupled with almost all the photos being taken with a plane, something smells funny. I don't imagine the FAA licenses many pilots with speech impairments.

Although in his defense, there are quite a few, good, detailed pics that passed the Cortana/Tineye test, and he publicly posted his contact info, so.........

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    He did reply, that him again right above you

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Feedback Score
    This is a great deal! If this was in the West coast, I be all over it!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamboItaliono View Post
    He did reply, that him again right above you
    Good to see. He must have literally been typing at the same time as me. Maybe somebody else will post-up, because it's totally possible that somebody legitimately changed out some of those parts. Then again, 09'/10' were wonky years in the US V4's because of the engine recalls, etc. If everything is on the up & up, the price is not too shabby. Would make a nice bike for someone.

Feedback Score
    Well as I said I'm a full disclosure person. A year ago I lost my ability to talk so better to be upfront about it. And yes I am a licensed A&P mechanic and was in leadership in the airline business for a long time until my issue caused me to retire early. I can still ride and still fly yet I always have my friend with me in the right seat for the VHF.

That bike is at my hangar at the moment as garage is full.

Just for clarification. Enough about that I don't like to focus on it.
    Dave S.

2010 Aprilia RSV4 R
    2007 BMW X-MOTO
    2001 Ducati Monster 600
    2009 H-D XR1200
    2013 Yamaha TW200

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBER41 View Post
    Good to see. He must have literally been typing at the same time as me.
    Ah yah, I see the time stamps now

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Feedback Score
    I can tell he's and aircraft mechanic... "No other service required at this time" haha I'm a fellow A&P. I may be down in Orlando soon.. might have to come take a look at it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast