Thread: RSVR Gen2 non starter

apriliaforum newb

RSVR Gen2 non starter

Hi I've recently bought a 2005 RSVR and I've stored bike for couple of months but when came to put a new battery on her she won't start, their is absolutely nothing when you press starter button, also fitted a new starter solenoid but nothing any help would be greatly appreciated or anyone handy with electrics and lives local to Nottingham maybe could shed some light on problem, if you want to chat more please contact me on 07956917054 regards Del

Can you hear the fuel pump when you turn the key on? If not check the tip over switch which is attached to the panel that holds the battery in.

Along w/ checking that the tip over switch is attached correctly, do the 15-sec key-on/no start to make sure the newly attached battery won't be drained(see sticky for more info). Check that the fuel pump electrical connection is plugged in and anything else you might've touched when the bike was stored- it should fire right up w/ a charged battery. As Jess67 asked- are you hearing the fuel pump prime w/ ignition on?

apriliaforum newb
    Hi thanks for reply/advice no I can't hear the fuel pump priming I've also cleaned the sidestand switch and had a look at the tip over switch but how can you tell if that is faulty ?

apriliaforum prov-nov peace maker's Avatar
    Griff from Aprilia Performance is your man in the UK. Very helpful.
    2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory - Map 2, updated ECU map, PC3, Akrapovics, K&N air filter, Ricks's heavy duty stator, sh755 rectifier, T12 stator oil cooling kit, updated temp sensor, CBR1000 side stand, Ducati 1098 rear master cylinder.

2012 Kawasaki Z1000 - GP series titanium Akrapovic slip ons

Make sure that the tip over switch is mounted to the battery w/ the arrow symbol pointing up. Check the fuses and make sure the red button on the right hand grip is not depressed in (its happened to me before)
    Last edited by TeddyG; 12-21-2017 at 08:51 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyG View Post
    Along w/ checking that the tip over switch is attached correctly, do the 15-sec key-on/no start to make sure the newly attached battery won't be drained(see sticky for more info). Check that the fuel pump electrical connection is plugged in and anything else you might've touched when the bike was stored- it should fire right up w/ a charged battery. As Jess67 asked- are you hearing the fuel pump prime w/ ignition on?
    This 15-sec key-on/no start proceedure does work too! I was having problems with my immobilizer clicking away recently after connecting the battery back up and it used so much power it wouldn't even let my battery tender bring the battery up to the point of remaining green. Did the procedure, and what do you know! No more clicking, battery brought back up the where it's supposed to be, all good!

apriliaforum newb
    Hi well thanks to you all for the help and advice,I contacted Aprilia performance in Tamworth recently and spoke to Lewis who was very helpful offered to collect my bike for a reasonable fee and sort out the problem,but unfortunately I called them back today and got Griff "oh bow before me" and I found him the opposite basically very unhelpful, denying all that Lewis had quoted and more or less saying call back after February because I'm busy, doesn't seem much of a caring Aprilia workshop to me.So if anyone wants a cheap Gen2 RSVR with a simple electrical fix then get in touch