Thread: Roadsitalia dorsoduro exhaust?

Roadsitalia dorsoduro exhaust?

I've seen discussions on this brand but not the ones I'm looking at specifically. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking at the double fire ones. Seem pretty good quality and are also shorter then most which I think makes it look better not so much like a boat. Not spending 1200 on akropovics they're nice and quality but the bikes worth less then 4x that so not feasible to me especially since performance gains are negligiloble to being with. I will list out the more budget and actually descent looking exhaust I've considered for the dorso to help people out. I'm located in North Carolina. All prices are converted from euros with shipping to my door included.

Mivv suono stainless - $715 shipped

Fuel exhaust - $720 shipped
    (For carbon model, stainless ones are much cheaper of that's what you want)

Roadsitalia double fire - $615 shipped
    They also have many other cheaper options linked below
    https://www.scarichimoto.org/en/49-750

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert High Country's Avatar
    There have been a few threads about exhaust options, if you want to search them out. I do remember a few people giving good reviews for them, saying they were more than satisfied.

The price is right, that's for sure. Being shorter means slightly lighter, too. Do they have removable baffles? I think they are ral carbon, but you should try to find a close up photo to be sure. If they aren't, you may be better off with the polished cans.

I have fake "carbonox" GPR cans that are just stamped metal, with carbon painted tips. Had I bought new, I would have chosen polished instead. I couldn't pass up the $300 deal though, and they sound great. From what I've read, real carbon gives the cleanest sounding deep bass, without rasp.
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

Quote Originally Posted by High Country View Post
    There have been a few threads about exhaust options, if you want to search them out. I do remember a few people giving good reviews for them, saying they were more than satisfied.

The price is right, that's for sure. Being shorter means slightly lighter, too. Do they have removable baffles? I think they are ral carbon, but you should try to find a close up photo to be sure. If they aren't, you may be better off with the polished cans.

I have fake "carbonox" GPR cans that are just stamped metal, with carbon painted tips. Had I bought new, I would have chosen polished instead. I couldn't pass up the $300 deal though, and they sound great. From what I've read, real carbon gives the cleanest sounding deep bass, without rasp.
    Yeah I've been scouring around for quite some time. Like to do a lot of research especially before shelling out a fair amount of dough. I honestly kind of like the gpr deeptones but they just seem a little too small for the styling of the rear on the dorso.

As far as I can tell the exhaust I linked is real carbon I've only found about one picture of the actual cans I want fitted and they look great.

I'm not sure i will be doing a de cat yet, haven't heard there's a huge sound difference between taking it out although I will eventually as I have close ties to a weldahop I will just get to cut and weld a piece in the stock one

Here is the only pic I could find of the dualfire fitted. It's on a 1200 obviously but regardless. They look great and the length looks much more proportional

I have them for 5 or 6 years on my shiver.
    They are real Carbon.
    You Can take the baffles out, I prefer in for better low end power.
    If you want to wake up the neigbours you have to let them out.

I really like them and would not change them for another brand.

Best value for money in my opinion.
    There are Some pics from my bike in a few treads here.
    Aprilia Shiver My10
    Pazzo levers, Roads Italia carbon muflers, LV-decat, DNA filter, Matris cartridge set, RBT rear sets, Seat cover, OZ Factory wheels, 15T with 520 chain conversion, Rizoma handlebar.
    Goodie's to follow: ProBolt titanium/alu bolt and nut conversion, Samco Hose set.
    Conclusion: Making a factory Shiver

You'll probably want to do the Tail Tidy at the same time, as long as you have it apart.

2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

Already have the tail tidy did that last year as soon as the bike got home lol. I will certainly fab up a undergrad to protect the underseat tray from debris as well

Thanks for all the links! I've searched and searched I tgink there's so many results it's hard to find it all.

The general consensus in the past has been good for RoadsItalia, and that they are good as anything a couple hundred more (Fuel or SC Project), and better looking than GPR if we are talking carbon. Only the GPR Deeptones are cheaper, and you've already said you don't care for the looks of those.

You mentioned Mivv. They have had some problems with the carbon unraveling due to the sharp curves (which is a shame, since those are the best shape for our bikes). If you don't care about carbon, Mivv does have a polished option, but they are almost as much as the Akra.

The only other option would be used. It never hurts to see if anyone has a set of cans in the classified section of this forum, or on eBay. Sometimes owners will sell the aftermarket parts separately when they sell the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by High Country View Post
    The general consensus in the past has been good for RoadsItalia, and that they are good as anything a couple hundred more (Fuel or SC Project), and better looking than GPR if we are talking carbon. Only the GPR Deeptones are cheaper, and you've already said you don't care for the looks of those.

You mentioned Mivv. They have had some problems with the carbon unraveling due to the sharp curves (which is a shame, since those are the best shape for our bikes). If you don't care about carbon, Mivv does have a polished option, but they are almost as much as the Akra.

The only other option would be used. It never hurts to see if anyone has a set of cans in the classified section of this forum, or on eBay. Sometimes owners will sell the aftermarket parts separately when they sell the bike.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have found the stainless mivvs for $720 on eBay new which is a good deal for a quality exhaust but I plan on going with a new color scheme this winter that's in the gray/silver family so I feel like that the stainless would look weird next to the gray tail. I have been scouring ebay for used stuff for the last year or so no such luck. Can't spend too much on a exhaust my other 2 bikes would feel so neglected! Lol

2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, NGK iridium plugs, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO.

Not a big fan of the sparks. Dont like the rectangle type shape

I wonder how good these are? Wow what a good price, quality looks pretty good?

apriliaforum newb
    I guess they are pretty much the same as these, just with end caps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1zZOFjyDCo

From when I did some research on these, the thing I remembered was that the fit may not be the easiest, and personally I'm not a fan of the looks.