Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Aprilia sr 50 r in Australia - goes too slow

apriliaforum newb

2016 Aprilia sr 50 r in Australia - goes too slow

Hi Everyone,
    I'm very new to the forum and have been reading a lot to gain some knowledge but cannot seem to find the answers I am looking for.
    I bought my first sr50r second hand, 6 month old but, only 1000km on the clock but 07/2016 compliance.
    It is very slow, although, the washer has been taken out from the transmission, and variator been changed to Malossi 2000 Multivar with 7.1g rollers. Everything else is stock but I have already ordered Pollini 70cc BBK, Yasuni R pipe and a jet kit for the carby. I am planning to start with the exhaust and upjetting the carby and change the rollers to 5.0g. Will this make a significant change?
    At the moment it's very sluggish, seems like it shifts up too quick and I'm literally holding up traffic when taking off redlights. Also uphill would never go over 30-40kph. Is there ECU on this bike that needs to be remap? I'm 75kg so I don't think I'm too heavy?
    Apologies for too many questions at once.
    Any advice or ideas appreciated..
    Cheers
    B.

apriliaforum newb

2016 Aprilia sr50r- goes too slow - please help

Hi Everyone,
    I'm very new to the forum and have been reading a lot to gain some knowledge but cannot seem to find the answers I am looking for.
    I bought my first sr50r second hand, 6 month old but, only 1000km on the clock but 07/2016 compliance.
    It is very slow, although, the washer has been taken out from the transmission, and variator been changed to Malossi 2000 Multivar with 7.1g rollers. Everything else is stock but I have already ordered Pollini 70cc BBK, Yasuni R pipe (deristricted) and a jet kit for the carby. I am planning to start with the exhaust and upjetting the carby and change the rollers to 5.0g. Will this make a significant change?
    At the moment it's very sluggish, seems like it shifts up too quick and I'm literally holding up traffic when taking off redlights. Also uphill would never go over 30-40kph. Is there ECU on this bike that needs to be remap? I'm 75kg so I don't think I'm too heavy?
    Cheers
    B.

apriliaforum Junkie Darth Vader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazs View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    It is very slow, although, the washer has been taken out from the transmission, and variator been changed to Malossi 2000 Multivar with 7.1g rollers. Everything else is stock but I have already ordered Pollini 70cc BBK, Yasuni R pipe and a jet kit for the carby. I am planning to start with the exhaust and upjetting the carby and change the rollers to 5.0g. Will this make a significant change?
    Cheers
    B.
    Did you remove restrictions from exhaust??? by removing restrictions, cutting two exta pipes in the first section of the exhaust, changing main jet + 5, but not removing plate with several holes on the air filter side of the carby, and on the end removing spacer from OEM variator you can have full speedo with half of the throttle...real speed about 80km/h

apriliaforum newb
    I haven't removed any restriction from the stock pipe, yet to receive the yasuni r pipe, so apart from the Malossi multivar everything else is original/stock. I guess I will have to wait until the yasuni pipe arrives, then derestrict the pipe and the silencer and upjet the carb. I will post results once it's done. But is it really that bad without the mods? There's no ECU in my model, right?

apriliaforum Junkie Darth Vader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazs View Post
    I haven't removed any restriction from the stock pipe, yet to receive the yasuni r pipe, so apart from the Malossi multivar everything else is original/stock. I guess I will have to wait until the yasuni pipe arrives, then derestrict the pipe and the silencer and upjet the carb. I will post results once it's done. But is it really that bad without the mods? There's no ECU in my model, right?
    Derestriction of 50 ccm scooter is as follows..( done that few thousand times in my home country...)
    First thing is removing spacer in the front variator..Second is exhaust derestriction, no matter which way exhaust is restricted. In same time carby jetting should be done...end of the story...

It is not easy to set up all right way with open exhsust....

European models have no ECU restructions...I did few SR50 here and on the way I described all of them goes better than SR 125 motards four stroke...
    Last edited by Darth Vader; 12-19-2017 at 01:37 PM.

apriliaforum Junkie CrankyGypsy's Avatar
    rear tire pressure correct?

did you do the Multivar swap? do not modify/upgrade anything else until you figure out why it's not performing correctly as-is.

carb jetting and ECU mapping do not coexist.
    2000 SR50 LC (Minarelli; Arrow pipe). 2002 SR50 DiTech LC (Morini; water trap; CPR8E).
    sold: 2014 RSV4 R APRC ABS (EVAP & SAS delete; AF1 coolant clamps; FP Racing Levers)
    sold: 2004 RSV1000R Factory (VIN#00001; Akro System; Sato rearsets; retrofitted 2003 stator)

apriliaforum expert
    there is a reason the rollers are 7g. thats how much weight it takes to bring the bike to top speed at peak power in the sport class. u can go a little lighter but it will make 50mph driving more and more impossible.

-- make sure it has the matching white spring. this is why your not seeing speed or it needs a tune up and a 70cc bbk.

dont mess with the airbox either or you will find it cheaper to get a new carb thats the same size anyway.

sounds ok so far but i would have got you on the best sport cylinder called the trophy 70cc and 10hp and saved you fifty dollars/ not 8hp.

--
    your gonna want new reeds and the malo special belt then its done.
    Last edited by sublunacy; 12-19-2017 at 04:02 PM.
    --- diploma for engine repair in 2012 --- powder coat painting --- porting and polishing/ceramic ---
    --- custom parts and machining ---

-derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi torque driver half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter - TTO temp gauge

-1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - new and improved

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you for letting me know!
    I will do as instructed
    cheers

apriliaforum newb
    thank you for the tips Sublunacy!

the dealership did the swap and I've just had it serviced a few days ago and was told that it has yellow springs, not white.
    the pollini 70cc kit was recommended by pedparts, I bought it from them. top speed doesn't bother much, I'd prefer super fast acceleration up to 60kph and I don't even mind if it maxes out by 80kph but I want be fast off the line, I only using it for city and beach commuting, for longer distance I use my car.
    what sort of reeds should I get? If the belt has only 1100km is necessary to change it to a Malossi?
    cheers

apriliaforum expert
    ok well if u look at the vario kit from malossi they give u a spring to use- maybe its yellow or white. lets not worry about that yet. you just need the 70cc then it should work great or be very near.

the belt is no rush/ do it anytime after yours is worn.
    ----
    the reed petals should be changed to carbon and jet the carb yourself after a full derestriction / vario spacer and silver carb plate.....

---------
    dont forget to sand the exhaust port or the rings get scratched. msg me
    Last edited by sublunacy; 12-20-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    --- diploma for engine repair in 2012 --- powder coat painting --- porting and polishing/ceramic ---

-derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi torque driver half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter - TTO temp gauge

apriliaforum expert
    dont bother with clutch springs. if you want a higher engage look at the new 4000rpm sport clutch from narraku. the malo is set for 5000rpm and it is not really everyones idea of a nice ride and everything else is the same/ or higher rpms.

--
    since your pipe is not a torque or hp monster but instead has a long powerband i suggest the Vforce reed valve. it will add a little torque everywhere and make sure your engine runs good while at max rpms.
    if ur not doing that then carbon petals will be ok but its tuned lower and has lower torque. not a great combination to compete w a vforce valve indeed. it expensive but after spending all this money on the engine i would feel like its a job well done.
    Last edited by sublunacy; 12-20-2017 at 12:06 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks heaps!
    I’m yet to receive the yasuni pipe, pbly another week or so, can’t do much before because the stock pipe sux anyway.
    Will keep you posted as soon as I’ve got the pipe installed
    Cheers

apriliaforum expert
    ok

derestricted and stock it might run a 58-60 mainjet.

---
    there is two restrictors in the yas r. one in the silencer and one in the inlet. wiggle them out and use a chainsaw file to remove the tack welds. i hate seeing dremmels do that job. they dont have a single tool bit that can compete with a round hand file. - filling the pipe with sand before the first startup is for copycat retards. those grinding stones just turn to sand

apriliaforum newb
    hi there,
    I have finally received everything for the tune up so now I have fitted the yasuni R exhaust (both restrictions removed), put on a Pollini 70cc kit, Malossi reed valve, 80 jet in the stock carby, and a shorter spark plug so the piston won't be hitting it. I have had previously Malossi multivar with yellow springs put in and have 7.1g rollers in it.
    Now it goes about 5 times quicker, on steep uphill keeps speeding up to 70-80kph and finally it pulls so strong when I accelerate.
    So much quicker and faster, couldn't imagine before, and it also makes the dirbike sound,,so so happy!!

apriliaforum expert
    ok super/ im glad you stuck with the heavy rollers. good choice and nicely finished up.

---
    so narraku has a new sport clutch that engages at 3500-4000rpm.... that is a great place to be. maybe check it out next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast