Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: F Winter

Quote Originally Posted by SK-RSV4 View Post
    It really pisses me - you see pictures of other peoples snow and it looks like a wonderland - here in the UK it looks CRAP !!

Dave, looks nice ! sold my boat a year ago to buy an investment property (kind of a pension plan) used to scuba dive a lot - another thing you need good weather for !

Why am I living in the UK ?! now I am even more depressed !!

That's why I moved to Gibraltar still Britain but with 300 days of sun and six gp tracks within a day's drive/ ride

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    That's why I moved to Gibraltar still Britain but with 300 days of sun and six gp tracks within a day's drive/ ride
    yeah;your location is excellent for gp. jealous of my brother living in mallorca.....but i don't think he even knows what motogp is.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    But is the fishing any good?.......Man i love summer, and fresh fish, 4 hours ago swimming in the sea, now smoked and ready for a late lunch.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2760.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	547.0 KB 
ID:	348838
    Last edited by DaveNZ; 12-30-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    "The Earth is our ancestor....A restless Planet is our creator"..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler.

apriliaforum expert hooligan hyena's Avatar
    Only 24 hours between these two photos;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171230_024327.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	521.1 KB 
ID:	348853

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171231_003658.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	517.0 KB 
ID:	348854

Mike
    2011 Shiver

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hooligan hyena View Post
    Only 24 hours between these two photos;
    Yikes!!! Looks amazing, but I know I’d cry if I was there hahaha - I can’t handle cold anymore

Oh No.

It's gonna be a long winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E9EA4835-F40A-4775-AF84-13E936BC9497.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	348856  

Well summer here now, but we do get a bit of that white stuff here in winter, no riding in this stuff.>

2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    But is the fishing any good?.......Man i love summer, and fresh fish, 4 hours ago swimming in the sea, now smoked and ready for a late lunch.Click image for larger version. 

Yes Dave there fishing I've been out on a friends boat lm getting into it slowly still prefer to ride the bike down to the fish market

apriliaforum expert 2nd Childhood's Avatar
    Name:  26168842_1059782084162960_2155718974132710518_n.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  79.7 KB
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When I was younger I was afraid I'd die riding. Now that I'm old and falling apart, I'm afraid I won't.

apriliaforum Junkie westmtnrider's Avatar
    Somewhere near 4338'1.92"N, 11624'49.64"W
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    Well summer here now, but we do get a bit of that white stuff here in winter, no riding in this stuff.>
    Sure there is!

Name:  1898227_10201318394193779_461024188_n.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  54.3 KB
    NoS

2004 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura 2011 Suzuki KingQuad 750, 2008 Suzuki DR650SE, 2011 Suzuki DR650SE, 2003 Polaris 800 RMK

apriliaforum prov-nov

Man, I miss New Zealand. Dave, you clearly understand how lucky you are—what a gorgeous place with so many great motorcycling roads, free of traffic, everywhere you turn. And people are actually courteous behind the wheel—what a concept. My favorite NZ memory is of walking downtown in Christchurch one quiet Sunday morning, ambling towards ChristChurch Cathedral, and realizing with a start that I was standing in front of what had been the Britten Motorcycles offices until the day the quake hit...I was smacked with a sense of reverence for John Britten and all he accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes7 View Post
    Man, I miss New Zealand. Dave, you clearly understand how lucky you are—what a gorgeous place with so many great motorcycling roads, free of traffic, everywhere you turn. And people are actually courteous behind the wheel—what a concept. My favorite NZ memory is of walking downtown in Christchurch one quiet Sunday morning, ambling towards ChristChurch Cathedral, and realizing with a start that I was standing in front of what had been the Britten Motorcycles offices until the day the quake hit...I was smacked with a sense of reverence for John Britten and all he accomplished.
    Im heading down to the SI for two weeks riding with mates early next month, taking the 1290GT, this time snakeeyes. Ive done 4 tours down there over the last 4 years on my Multistrada, and its a brilliant bike for sealed riding (minimal gravel, only when theres no choice) but I'm looking forward to taking the GT this time,(23 litre tank) and it goes like stink. I avoid the Christchurch area, flat and straight roads, i like the west coast, curve after curve, rugged beauty with stunning scenery. Centre of the island is great also with the mountain passes.
    "The Earth is our ancestor....A restless Planet is our creator"..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Im heading down to the SI for two weeks riding with mates early next month, taking the 1290GT, this time snakeeyes. Ive done 4 tours down there over the last 4 years on my Multistrada, and its a brilliant bike for sealed riding (minimal gravel, only when theres no choice) but I'm looking forward to taking the GT this time,(23 litre tank) and it goes like stink. I avoid the Christchurch area, flat and straight roads, i like the west coast, curve after curve, rugged beauty with stunning scenery. Centre of the island is great also with the mountain passes.
    We drove from Queenstown to Christchurch—that was a great day trip. I agree on the roads around Christchurch, with one exception—the drive to Kaikoura goes over some spectacular low mountains, with many wide, sweeping turns. I was absolutely salivating for a sportbike. Enjoy your trip!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes7 View Post
    We drove from Queenstown to Christchurch—that was a great day trip. I agree on the roads around Christchurch, with one exception—the drive to Kaikoura goes over some spectacular low mountains, with many wide, sweeping turns. I was absolutely salivating for a sportbike. Enjoy your trip!
    The roads to Kaikoura have only recently been reopened after the last lot of earth quakes, if you can remember the coast, with the large rocks, seaweed, and deep drop offs, well that coast in some places rose 20 meters. incredible how they have reinstated the road and the train lines with all the tunnels. May travel that road, on the way home, but its hard to pass up the Haast Pass Buller gorge etc.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yes, the quake hit not long after we visited. We stopped right by the tunnels to look at the fur seals, and then next thing I knew I was looking at photos of those same tunnels on the news, blocked by debris. I’m glad the area is getting back on its feet. I’ve never seen a more stunning vista of snow-tipped peaks, literally running right down to a beach, under almost painfully blue skies. Fantastic, and the whale watching was the icing on the cake.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast