Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuono Seat on a 17' RF?

apriliaforum Junkie andyandtherman's Avatar

Tuono Seat on a 17' RF?

I heard a bit about some folks throwing on a Tuono seat to make the longer rides a little more comfy on the RSV4. Is this something one can do to a 17'? Anyone have any first hand experience doing this? How does it look?
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

apriliaforum newb
    I have one on my 17 and it looks exactly the same. Just go buy a tuono seat, doesnt seem to be any difference between the years. I think it was worth the money.

apriliaforum expert surfmonster's Avatar
    Not sure how 17 seats are but in 2016 both TV4 and RSV4 got upgraded seats that slightly differed in looks but were equally comfortable. I tested both and felt no diffference.

All previous years both V4 bikes featured wooden planks wrapped in faux leather for a seat. I upgraded my 2012 to 2016 RSV4 RF seat and could not be happier. I would think that MY 17 seats should be at least as good as MY16. Doubt there is a tangible difference in comfort between Tuono and RSV4 seat.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I've got a 17 tuono seat sitting in my shopping cart from AF1. The factory has the same pattern on it but is supposed to be an improvement. Just waiting to pull the trigger on it...

apriliaforum newb
    The 17 seat is the same as the 16 seat. The Tuono seat is basically an RSV4 seat with a layer of gel or foam over top of it. There is a big enough difference just sitting on it and over a long ride (2 hours) you will really notice. The biggest difference is on the sides of the seat, the RSV4 seat really wears on the insides of your thighs as where the Tuono seat is padded. The only time I put the RSV4 seat back on is when I go to the track.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    just adding to the mix, all V4 seats from all years fit all V4s.

The best feedback for comfort has been the 16-17 Tuono saddles (available in two stich patterns in the coverings, same comfort). They did change the 16-17 RSV4 saddles too, but I'm not sure if they are same spec as the Tuonos now in terms of comfort. The old Tuono seats were like a piece of wood.

Your welcome to come ass-test all the seats on bikes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post

The best feedback for comfort has been the 16-17 Tuono saddles (available in two stich patterns in the coverings, same comfort). They did change the 16-17 RSV4 saddles too, but I'm not sure if they are same spec as the Tuonos now in terms of comfort. The old Tuono seats were like a piece of wood.

Thanks Ed. I will take you up on your offer and give them a thorough ass test. I spoke with Brent yesterday and I'll be up there (all the way from South Austin in a few weeks for an oil change/check over.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar end, Rizoma bar end mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by ed / af1 racing View Post
    your welcome to come ass-test all the seats on bikes here.
    :d :d :d
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

tuono 2016 seat is way more confortable than the rsv4 2016

apriliaforum newb
    For those of you that have purchased the tuono seat, and have had it for a while, do you regret not going with another option or are you satisfied with your choice?

apriliaforum newb
    How does the 16 Tuono seat compare to the old Tuono comfort accessory seat?
    I have the comfort seat on my 14 RSV4 and am still searching for something more comfortable. It's better than the RSV4 seat but I still lose feeling in my legs on longer rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post

feedback says the 16+ Tuono stock seat is better than the gel accessory saddle....some say by lots better, some say just better. No one says its worse than the gel.

Ed, until my ass can get there , in your opinion, is there an appreciable difference between a 16' or 17' Tuono and the seat on my 17' RF?

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    Ed, until my ass can get there , in your opinion, is there an appreciable difference between a 16' or 17' Tuono and the seat on my 17' RF?
    Hummm I might want one of those comfy seats as well.

don't have any 16s here to compare to, but the 17 Tuono seat is much softer foam and a bit thicker than the 17 RSV4.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast