Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camier the new Rea?

Camier the new Rea?

Looking at the test times of Camier on the blade is very impressive!
    Rea struggled for years on a not so fast bike and is unbeatable at the mo.
    Camier was impressive sometimes on the mv but if he can get the blade going (with red bull money) he could be a nice outsider for 2018, even challenge the kwakies.

I wouldn't think so..........
    seesecurity.com.au

apriliaforum expert
    With the very fact that the Kawasaki boys don’t like the new rules you’d never know but I doubt it!

Lemme get my corn ready.
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

Camier's good, very good even, but becoming the new Rea is a bridge too far.

I think his large physique plays against him in the greater scheme of things.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by murphc13 View Post
    With the very fact that the Kawasaki boys don’t like the new rules you’d never know but I doubt it!
    They may not like them but looking at Sykes' times at the Jerez test it doesn't seem to have fazed them any.

Cheers

apriliaforum expert
    I think he will be the new Rea circa 2012. He will ride his ass off for fourth place on the uncompetitive Honda.

I like Camier, but to be honest liked him better as the underdog on the MV. If Torres consistently beats the Hondas I will chuckle a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    They may not like them but looking at Sykes' times at the Jerez test it doesn't seem to have fazed them any.
    That's because the penalty for them is cumulative, and it is the ongoing success on race day that is penalized. They can be fast in every test and practice session, leading by whole minutes. But if they actually win too many races, regardless of whether it's only by fractions of a second, they will begin to incur penalties to push them backwards.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by budoist View Post
    That's because the penalty for them is cumulative, and it is the ongoing success on race day that is penalized. They can be fast in every test and practice session, leading by whole minutes. But if they actually win too many races, regardless of whether it's only by fractions of a second, they will begin to incur penalties to push them backwards.
    PROPER ORDER
    ”You’re winning too much eh??”
    “Get fuckin back there ya bastid” lol

Stupid ass penalty rules. It's like handing out participation trophies at the end of the day to those that don't really deserve them .
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    Stupid ass penalty rules. It's like handing out participation trophies at the end of the day to those that don't really deserve them .

And how's it going to feel winning if the only reason you got there was because the real fast guys were made to go slower...........? Tampering with racing in this way is pure bollocks!

Camier will go as well on the Honda as the input from HRC allows, if they continue to leave it to Ten Kate then he's not going to be in a position to challenge proper factory supported bikes very often, but on the up side at least the bike is less likely to break down as often as the MV did. Hopefully he'll be fighting for the tail end of the podium with the improved Yamahas before the season's gone too far.

And I don't believe his size is an issue on a superbike, he may be tall compared to some but he's hardly built like a heavyweight boxer, I doubt he carries more weight than Chaz.

Anyway he was an ace 125 rider, had the beating of Casey Stoner on many occasions when they were both coming thro' British championships, he knows how to tuck, his speed deficit had more to do with the lack of MV horsepower.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    But still there is not a solution to a boring SBK world championship,dwindling audiences,mundane ground hog day race days!I totally understand where you guys bashing the rules are coming from but what’s your solution?
    Pray for the other manufacturers to pump the same effort in to be competitive as Kawasaki?
    It hasn’t been happening so we know the problem.
    Whats the solution?

apriliaforum expert
    I am not a big fan of the new rules. But it isn't like they are the first racing series to do something like this, and those that already do this are not a giant CF as some would have us believe.
    I wish they went a different route, but at least they are trying to fix things. I don't know how well or poorly this will work out, but it could be better than this past season which was horrible.
    I would rather they make the rules a little less strict, with some room to work for the brands that don't have a ZX10 to roll off their showroom floor and race.

apriliaforum Junkie
    18 - anyone but Rea. For the love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney151 View Post
    ‘18 - anyone but Rea. For the love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Id like Rea to win the next two seasons and beat Fogartys record for championships(he has 4 right?).
    But is like to see both championships come down to the last corner between he and the runner up and he take both championships by a single point.
    Heres hoping

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast