Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to me Caponord mk2 (fuel connectors)... yes, again :)

apriliaforum newb

New to me Caponord mk2 (fuel connectors)... yes, again :)

Hello guys.

I'm the proud owner of an Aprilia Caponord mk2.

Recently I discovered the that the plastic fuel connectors are still there.

What are the options I have to get this part somewhere in Europe?

Best regards & thanks in advance.

Try stanleybobly on here search fuel lines kits he's not been on for a bit so try stanleybobly@hotmail.com hope this helps
    Last edited by haga lout; 12-05-2017 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Add email

Out of interest Hiltonblue
    One of the 2 plastic connectors was an Aprilia re-call so should have been changed already.
    My name is Dave,
    bike's name is Black Betty.

When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then.

Caponord - Douglas Dragonfly - 1942 Harley back again
    Pegaso - Matchless G3LS - BSA A7SS - 1942 Harley - Matchless G80/600cc - Matchless G3LS - BSA C15 - Velocette

The recall was the male connector on the fuel pump assembly plate so check this is metal coming out of the underside of the tank. Aprilia themselves offer an updated high pressure fuel line with metal connector, which is just two bolts to fit and this supersedes the old part number so any Aprilia dealer can supply this. The low pressure would then require a male/female coupling, CPC are the manufacturer which you should be able to find in europe.
    Last edited by Nito; 12-07-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    2018 D----- D----- D----- "Nel mezzo del cammin de nostra vita"
    2008 Caponord ETV 1000 ABS- "Il Capo"
    2002 Tuono 1000 RSV-R Limited Nr.035- "Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting..."
    1993 Ninja ZXR750R "NinjaR!!"
    1992 Ducati 907IE "Il nostro passato ha un grande futuro"
    1986 Katana GSX750SE "The unbelievable Pop Kat"

Aprilia part number for high pressure line;

AP851959

CPC Part
    numbers for return line as follows (I bought mine here) https://www.tom-parker.co.uk/ ;

CLCD170-04V quick release (fuel tank side) connector with Viton seal 23.22ea 1Nr
    Then either
    CLCD220-06 quick release (TB return side) this is a valved version so it's dry break 13.75 ea 1Nr (I went valved)
    or
    as above but unvalved which replicates original design and will leak a little on disconnect
    CLC220-06 6.40 ea (unvalved) 1nr

The above either/or fittings do not have Viton seals. So I bought 10 spare Viton seals as I have two bikes, I swapped the seals they come with over for the Viton ones for peace of mind. The seals are the same as on the other fittings (oe aprilia tank valve) so worth having spares and keeping a couple in your bike toolkit.
    Part number C731104 Viton Seals @ 0.84p ea (I bought 10Nr)

Oetiker Clamps (I need to look up the sizes I used, think it was 15.5 and 12)
    OET12RER (will confirm sizes used later) They are brilliant these clamps.
    OET15.5RER (as above) Average around 0.50p per clip.
    Last edited by Nito; 12-07-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    2018 D----- D----- D----- "Nel mezzo del cammin de nostra vita"
    2008 Caponord ETV 1000 ABS- "Il Capo"
    2002 Tuono 1000 RSV-R Limited Nr.035- "Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting..."
    1993 Ninja ZXR750R "NinjaR!!"
    1992 Ducati 907IE "Il nostro passato ha un grande futuro"
    1986 Katana GSX750SE "The unbelievable Pop Kat"

apriliaforum Member
    Plenty of 'o' rings on eBay

7.65x1.78

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F141455807141

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Nito View Post
    The recall was the male connector on the fuel pump assembly plate so check this is metal coming out of the underside of the tank. Aprilia themselves offer an updated high pressure fuel line with metal connector, which is just two bolts to fit and this supersedes the old part number so any Aprilia dealer can supply this. The low pressure would then require a male/female coupling, CPC are the manufacturer which you should be able to find in europe.
    Hi there.

Yep, the connector in the Fuel Pump assembly plate is metallic.

Thanks everyone for the info, I like to be part of this community. I did read a lot here about the Caponord and is impressive the amount of knowledge sharing.

hiltonblue,

Quote Originally Posted by hiltonblue View Post
    Hi there.

Yep, the connector in the Fuel Pump assembly plate is metallic.

Thanks everyone for the info, I like to be part of this community. I did read a lot here about the Caponord and is impressive the amount of knowledge sharing.

hiltonblue,
    The knowledge on here is amazing becouse there's people that have had there bikes for years and most folts have been sorted there's very little misinformation unlike some forums once you sort the few little problems that came from the factory. There a good solid bike

Hi Folks,
    I'm fresh meat on here and an Italian bike virgin. This is most likely the wrong place to mention this but I'm in the market for a well sorted Mk2 Caponard 2002 to 2008 if there anyone out there in Aprilialand that knows of a gud un for sale I'd appreciate a heads up if possible.
    Looking forward to the experience.
    Emasen

Quote Originally Posted by Emasen View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I'm fresh meat on here and an Italian bike virgin. This is most likely the wrong place to mention this but I'm in the market for a well sorted Mk2 Caponard 2002 to 2008 if there anyone out there in Aprilialand that knows of a gud un for sale I'd appreciate a heads up if possible.
    Looking forward to the experience.
    Emasen
    Why a mk2 ? Unless your after the abs Whitch is basic the mk1 has a better top fairing with less buffering and there's more of them about

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    Why a mk2 ? Unless your after the abs Whitch is basic the mk1 has a better top fairing with less buffering and there's more of them about
    I'm not too hung up on a Mk2 but the ABS fitted did make me think it would be cheaper to insure and more saleable in the future. I am ideally after a well sorted clean machine that has all the upgrades already done and problems solved. This forum has been a mine of information.....well done all!
    If possible I would like to buy from a club member,forum member as in the past I have found their bikes to be in better overall condition.
    I spoke with Scatman Jack recently and was very thankful for the information he freely parted with to a stranger re the Caponord.
    My timeframe is ideally a motor sorted for the end of march ish....
    Thanks again for any and all help and directio

Don't think the abs will be cheeper to insurance than a non abs but it maybe different where you live I don't Think there's any forum members selling there bike But maybe someone will shout up I think most are locked up for the winter I did here about a abs bike a few months ago that was for sale but it needed work there are a few on eBay but unless they have jumped in price they are top dollar all caponord can be put right with a little work and help from here

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    Don't think the abs will be cheeper to insurance than a non abs but it maybe different where you live I don't Think there's any forum members selling there bike But maybe someone will shout up I think most are locked up for the winter I did here about a abs bike a few months ago that was for sale but it needed work there are a few on eBay but unless they have jumped in price they are top dollar all caponord can be put right with a little work and help from here
    My last insurance policy had a discount for ABS fitted.....didnt make sense to me at the time but as the veestrom had it anyway, I availed of it.
    Was looking at a 2006 red Caponord on gumtree in Wales, from my little research its from a forum member chris1576 as its also mentioned on here in the for sale section. Price sought dosent reflect other similiar bikes for sale.... dont know why yet. Add mentions its a Rally Raid but it isn't.
    Another on Autotrader 2005 grey looks more like the business....but! another on Gumtree 2006 black with very little mileage also looks interesting if the mileage is to be believed, 12 year old bike with less than 600mls a year.... dont seem right..... maybe I'm missing something on these. Stuff on fleabay was mostly dealer tradein offloads when I last looked.

apriliaforum expert
    I think Dean Otter was thinking of selling his. Best to contact him on FB though - Look for the aprilia caponord owners UK
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast