Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Removing stock exhaust

  1. #1
    apriliaforum prov-nov boofhead187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    39

    Removing stock exhaust

    What tool do I need to remove this bolt ?
    It looks like some kinda hex bolt, can't fit a socket or spanner in there to try.



    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Westminster, CA - USA
    Posts
    13,451
    what size socket have yo tried?
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

    Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

  3. #3
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,099
    Lol.Prob just need an extension on your socket wrench.I think it’s 10mm head

  4. #4
    apriliaforum prov-nov Makers_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Posts
    64
    Normal socket is correct. I believe murphc13 is correct when he said 10mm.

  5. #5
    apriliaforum prov-nov boofhead187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers_Mike View Post
    Normal socket is correct. I believe murphc13 is correct when he said 10mm.
    Cool thanks, I'll have to get an extended socket in that case.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,099
    Here’s a possible 3/8 inch set that’ll work well for bikes.
    The 3/8 can be stepped down to 1/4 inch or up to 1/2 inch for smaller bolts such as airbox bolts or bigger ones such as axle nuts when removing wheels to bring and get tyres changed!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Teng-8-inch.../dp/B004ISTP0Q

  7. #7
    apriliaforum prov-nov Makers_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by murphc13 View Post
    Here’s a possible 3/8 inch set that’ll work well for bikes.
    The 3/8 can be stepped down to 1/4 inch or up to 1/2 inch for smaller bolts such as airbox bolts or bigger ones such as axle nuts when removing wheels to bring and get tyres changed!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Teng-8-inch.../dp/B004ISTP0Q
    I'm not sure what prices are outside the US, but at that price here, I'd expect to get a standard and metric socket set with multiple size wrenches. Then again, not sure if there is a need for standard sockets outside the US :P

    -Michael

  8. #8
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers_Mike View Post
    I'm not sure what prices are outside the US, but at that price here, I'd expect to get a standard and metric socket set with multiple size wrenches. Then again, not sure if there is a need for standard sockets outside the US :P

    -Michael
    Most things are cheaper in the US,but Teng make decent stuff.

  9. #9
    apriliaforum expert plocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    1,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers_Mike View Post
    Normal socket is correct. I believe murphc13 is correct when he said 10mm.
    It's 13mm on my bike, just an ordinary socket with a short extension bar is all you need.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

  10. #10
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    29
    lol...at least you aren't trying to remove the headers from the rear cylinders. That gets interesting!

Similar Threads

  1. Shiver stock exhaust removal help
    By osiris808 in forum 2008-2016 Shiver 750 / Dorsoduro 750
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 09:21 PM
  2. How to remove the restrictors from a stock exhaust
    By irie in forum 2006-2011 Aprilia RXV, SXV, MXV 4.5/5.5 V-Twins
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 04:52 AM
  3. Removing stock exhaust
    By StreetCred in forum RST1000 Futura (all years)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 01:03 PM
  4. Possible to "core out" stock exhaust without removing cat?
    By Havok in forum RSVR and RSVR Factory (2004-2009)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 01:16 AM
  5. Baffle/Cat removed with stock exhaust?
    By MatsFutura01 in forum RST1000 Futura (all years)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •