Thread: Alta Motors Redshift SM

Alta Motors Redshift SM

Came across this jewel today and I might be just a bit obsessed with it. The range is kind of lacking but it would be great for my commute and it looks like it would be a riot.

Suspension seems top quality and stopping is handled by a brembo monoblock.

Anyone have experience with this bike?

https://www.altamotors.co/redshiftsm/
    When the river is low they find old bones, when they plow they always dig up chains

Used to be sunny Durham, now dull and rainy Midlands, England
    Nope - and witha commuting range of 60 miles, a sport riding range of 40 miles, a 6 hour charge time and a cost of $15,495 ....... I can't see me (or any reasonably sane person ) buying one any time soon.

As much as I want an electric bike - I tried one at an off-road centre and it was really good fun - that's absolutely useless for me, beautiful and "cool", but useless.

Can you imaging the response if one of the major bike manufacturers tried to market something with that range, at that price and said, oh, btw, once you've used up the 60, or 40 mile tank range, you need to stop riding for 6 hours............ they'd be laughed out of the industry and the marketplace.

Anyone buying that, is buying a "toy" - unless they're rich enough to afford nearly $16k for a "low running cost" commuter !!

To use up the amount of our earth's resources to have that in your garage, alongside a practical/usable machine, must be about the most environmentally wasteful thing I can think of.

When the technology is right, I'll buy one in an instant - and only use my ICE equipped bike for the "special occasions" - but right now, I'm sorry, but I think at this stage in their development, trying to "mass" produce and get people to use such belectric bikes is both environmentally and economically wasteful.
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Wife - '01 FZ1 (Fazer 1000), '86 VF 750 Interceptor and '07 CRF 230F
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

My commute is twenty miles of twisty backroads and my work spot is in the warehouse next to an outlet, makes perfect sense for me. I have four other bikes that I can "tour" on.
    When the river is low they find old bones, when they plow they always dig up chains

umm, i thought you already had a cool bike for the commute?
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

The smoker's for the mountain and 209.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    I would like to propose a Zero Motorcycles DSR, 200 mile cruise range, cut that in half if you are unleashing the hateful torque it is capable of!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

That's more like it Micah - is it reasonably priced to compete with other commuter bikes (factoring in fuel cost savings)?

I'm interested, even though I don't plan on buying one in the US (not just yet, anyway).
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

I’ve done laps on a MX track aboard an Alta Redshift MX e-bike. To me it’s the future of the sport. This bike had top-end WP suspension. Power was great - a ton of torque, I was in normal mode, there is an insane mode. The steering felt heavy getting off my KTM SXF350 but it’s probably 50lbs heavier. Riding characteristics like a 2-stroke MX bike, front end light over jumps, no engine brake. Most distracting part is it makes no noise so you hear the knobbies really loud. I can’t wait for local e-bike MX tracks to pop up nearby, hopefully I’m still riding when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    I would like to propose a Zero Motorcycles DSR, 200 mile cruise range, cut that in half if you are unleashing the hateful torque it is capable of!
    Those are interesting but way too heavy for what I'm looking for. The motard has ruined me.

In the video above, for both bikes there seems to be a heck of a lot of effort involved pulling on the bars to get the front wheel up - am I seeing something that isn't there (my prejudice) - especially on the trials type bike, it looks like the rider simply can't just loft the front wheel over an obstacle without some serious effort.

I thought the instant response to the throttle and constant torque were a couple of the main advantages (reducing effort/fatigue) and although I was only mucking about in a field, I thought the one I rode briefly had great response (but it was heavy).
    Cheers,

H2

Quote Originally Posted by millietant View Post
    Nope - and witha commuting range of 60 miles, a sport riding range of 40 miles, a 6 hour charge time and a cost of $15,495 ....... I can't see me (or any reasonably sane person ) buying one any time soon.
    For most people the EV Bike isn't here yet. Eventually when the H2 economy develops then we will see bikes that more people will find appealing. These are what will replace our ICE bikes—it won't be the battery powered bikes. Give it about 10 to 15 years, and for now enjoy the fuck out of your two strokes!

Name:  crosscage.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  53.9 KB