Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warranty Claim Issue-Need Help

apriliaforum prov-nov

Warranty Claim Issue-Need Help

Hoping for some help. I've got a 16' RSV4 RR. I took it in for a tank replacement due to the paint bubbling and for a cracked headlight which looks to be caused by a stress fracture (no signs of anything hitting it). Both claims were denied and the dealer stated they went back and forth with Aprilia which I believe. He said the head guy for the US warranty department denied them both and said that Italy is releasing a TSB stating that Aprilia will be deeming some "imperfections" in the paint as acceptable. They stated that the newer models have not had any issues with tank issues from Ethanol. And the headlight looks like it just got to hot and cracked, but not even a scratch on it and the crack goes to where the headlight is sealed to the back of the housing.

Can anyone point me to any other references of people with 2016 or newer tanks having issue. I know I read a bunch before but the search function seems to be grabbing all the '15s I'm going to contact the HQ but not sure where that is going to get me.

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    have not seen any tank issues on the 15s and up, sometime in late 13 or early 14 the issue was resolved.

call the main office in NYC, Customer Care

PIAGGIO GROUP AMERICAS, INC.
    257 Park Avenue South, 4th Floor
    New York, NY 10010
    Phone: 212.380.4400

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    have not seen any tank issues on the 15s and up, sometime in late 13 or early 14 the issue was resolved.

call the main office in NYC, Customer Care

PIAGGIO GROUP AMERICAS, INC.
    257 Park Avenue South, 4th Floor
    New York, NY 10010
    Phone: 212.380.4400
    Interesting, guess I didn't realize this either. Thanks for info Ed.
    Curt

apriliaforum newb
    I'm having the same issue with my 2016 rr tank. Haven't had time to take it in yet but I will be prior to the warranty expiring next year. I have pretty good size ripples along the top ridges and I'm assuming the sides are pretty bad too but I cant see them as they are covered with tank grips. I'm interested to see what Aprilia does for you. Hopefully you don't have to make too much noise to get a known defect taken care of.

apriliaforum prov-nov Bhernan17's Avatar
    I'm currently going through the same tank issue with my 16rr. Their warranty claim department doesn't seem to care much after they've gained your money! They denied my replacement for a decent sized bubble as well, but I can not take no for an answer. Aprilia boasts about their Italian quality, so that's what I expect to have.

My vote - put AF1 in charge of this!
    2016 Ascari Black/Red RSV4 RR

apriliaforum prov-nov
    That's such BS. I really hope they cover it.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    That is BS!!! I would not stop screaming until they did something about it!!
    NIZE.........

You guys mind uploading some pics of your '16 bubbles?

I'd heard Aprilia could be crooks in terms of warranty repairs. I've had success in the past with the 'Lemon' Law. I recommend starting with the RO from the dealer. Kindly ask the them to add the warranty denial in writing with the explanation. I would write a formal letter to Aprilia/Piaggo asking for approval of the repairs under warranty. Send it Certified mail with a, "reply no later than 15 business days from receipt". May seem like overkill, but your gonna want to cross all your tees in the likely event you have to file a lawsuit. The more documentation you have the easier it will be for a lawyer to help you.
    Last edited by prettykin; 12-07-2017 at 01:30 AM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks for the help.

I'll upload some pictures once I get my bike back. From what I've heard it seems Aprilia is trying to figure out a means of avoiding legal responsibilities for replacing 1000s of more tanks. I had someone tell me they looked at their 16' RF and the identification on the tank has some letters that designate what it was made out of. They said it had the same letters as the old tanks which would mean they were still made out of the same material.

apriliaforum expert
    Hopefully, Aprilia can pass responsibility for the tanks back to Acerbis.
    Hoosier, not hoser.
    2000.5 Mille R - Ti Shotguns & lots of Evo shtuff
    2016 Tuono 1100 Factory

Graphicologist Extraordinaire ckruzel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverbackRR View Post
    Thanks for the help.

I'll upload some pictures once I get my bike back. From what I've heard it seems Aprilia is trying to figure out a means of avoiding legal responsibilities for replacing 1000s of more tanks. I had someone tell me they looked at their 16' RF and the identification on the tank has some letters that designate what it was made out of. They said it had the same letters as the old tanks which would mean they were still made out of the same material.
    i dont think they sell 1000's of v4's a year in the states its probably in the hundreds
    2010 White RSV4R
    Custom Graphics
    decal questions? email me at kruzel (at)drippinwet.com
    check us out on facebook!
    Making Decals for some of the Fastest People on the Planet
    J.Hayes | M.Paris | J.Herrin | Z.Herrin | D.Westby | T.Knapp | S.Coviello | S.Villa | H.Nash | B.Solis | J.Day | C.West | A.Welsh | E.Meyers | D.Eslick | G.May | C.Alexander | D.Gaviria | J.Rispoli | J.Pascarella | B.Cretu | S.Mesa |C.Sellerom (check us out on facebook)

Find a new dealer. Xtreme has gone to bat for me on all my bikes and I've had 0 issues with claims

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhernan17 View Post
    I'm currently going through the same tank issue with my 16rr. Their warranty claim department doesn't seem to care much after they've gained your money! They denied my replacement for a decent sized bubble as well, but I can not take no for an answer. Aprilia boasts about their Italian quality, so that's what I expect to have.

My vote - put AF1 in charge of this!
    So it's still a good idea to do the caswell coating for 17 models as well?

Quote Originally Posted by pinrut View Post
    So it's still a good idea to do the caswell coating for 17 models as well?
    The last tank replaced by Aprilia for me was in 2011. I have had no issues with Aprilia standing behind their warranties. What I have learned in 70,000 miles is that every time I ride my bike I make sure the fuel level is below the seat. In simple words at 80 to 100 miles on the tank. I did get waves and pimples in my tank and I found that using up most of the fuel in the tank every time I ride the tank has managed to completely heal itself. I never had my tank coated and this has worked now for 7years.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171215_113103.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	494.4 KB 
ID:	348049Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171215_113056.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	489.6 KB 
ID:	348050Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171215_113046.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	489.3 KB 
ID:	348051

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast