Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 TV4F damper not working?

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by manic_grin View Post
    Fingers crossed the Chinese fella in flip flops has cleaned up the machining then! Or the Swedish fella in the Ohlins factors has done the same.

With any part like this, the life of it will degrade over time. Next thing for my Crotch Banana is a look at the suspension and see if she needs a refresh to make her perkier and bouncier. The OEM Sachs unit had zero resistance and just squelched when I moved the bars!

Yeah the Sachs one is useless and I get some bar wobble when the front gets light and I shift at about 110 mph, hahaha. Just hope it fits my 17 but it should right?

Not a clue. Probably. This is the problem with mental bikes. Stopping them from chucking you into a hedge. Mind you if you wind the adjuster on the damper up, going round corners will be something that you watch others do from the safety of your hedge. I've set mine to the "well it feels ok and I can still wiggle the bars without it feeling like it's fighting me" setting on the clicky wheely thingy.

Don't forget the bit of 8mm nylon tubing to bush out the 6mm bolt. Handily I have about 1/2 mile of it at work
    2013 Tuono APRC Yellow Crotch Banana with...
    Heated grips, Stompgrips, tail tidy, new steering damper, titanium spindle nuts, PIAA bulbs, USB ports, RAM mount, gel seat, RSV4 air filter, crash bungs and engine covers, shortened Akra, IRC auto blipper, Gabro ECU reflash

apriliaforum expert
    Not a clue. Probably. This is the problem with mental bikes. Stopping them from chucking you into a hedge. Mind you if you wind the adjuster on the damper up, going round corners will be something that you watch others do from the safety of your hedge. I've set mine to the "well it feels ok and I can still wiggle the bars without it feeling like it's fighting me" setting on the clicky wheely thingy.

Don't forget the bit of 8mm nylon tubing to bush out the 6mm bolt. Handily I have about 1/2 mile of it at work
    Yeah...according to AF1, the stock dampers fit all year V4's so it should be ok. I also ordered a couple of these to see if they work instead of the nylon....they probably won't but for a couple of dollars worth a try.

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...h++-%238121233

Nip down your local engineering place and ask them for a 10mm length of 8mm tubing. I would send you a bit but you're in the Colonies.
    Heated grips, Stompgrips, tail tidy, new steering damper, titanium spindle nuts, PIAA bulbs, USB ports, RAM mount, gel seat, RSV4 air filter, crash bungs and engine covers, shortened Akra, IRC auto blipper, Gabro ECU reflash

apriliaforum expert
    Nip down your local engineering place and ask them for a 10mm length of 8mm tubing. I would send you a bit but you're in the Colonies.

LOL...I ordered a 12" piece for $1.62 so I should be good to go. Thanks for the info.!!

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
    Just ordered one from ebay for 29 bucks....hope it fits on my 17 Tuono, lol.
    Hopefully I am wrong, but I doubt that you'll be happy with it. Looks more like a decorative piece than anything else... Sorry, but cheap chinese parts are the last thing I would bolt to Touno.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sportyrider View Post
    Hopefully I am wrong, but I doubt that you'll be happy with it. Looks more like a decorative piece than anything else... Sorry, but cheap chinese parts are the last thing I would bolt to Touno.

Had it on mine for 6 months. Works really well. Bloke up in Scotland has had one on his for a couple of years with no problems.

Agree there is lots of Chinese crap out there. But these dampers seem not to be crap.

apriliaforum expert
    Taiwan crap is generally better than chinese crap.

No disrespect to our foreign brethren.
    Current rigs:

'16 Tuono RR -street
    '13 RSV4 -race
    '13 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
    '13 Yamaha WR450F
    '12 GSXR 600 - race
    '07 GSXR 750 - race
    '03 KDX 200
    '17 Tao Tao Hellcat - pit bike

apriliaforum Member johnnyjellybean's Avatar

They actually work really well. I have one for my Ducati Monster.
    2013 Tuono V4
    2011 Ducati Monster 796 modded
    2007 Harley Streetbob 120RWHP/120RWTQ

apriliaforum expert

As long as it actually damps I will be happy. It's 29 bucks and it cannot be worse than the worthless POS Sachs damper that is on the bike now, lol. Worst case it takes 5 minutes to put the stock one on and I look for the Ohlins one.

As long as it actually damps I will be happy. It's 29 bucks and it cannot be worse than the worthless POS Sachs damper that is on the bike now, lol. Worst case it takes 5 minutes to put the stock one on and I look for the Ohlins one.
    My thoughts exactly. The Sachs one did nothing but make sad squelchy sounds. This one, so far, has performed flawlessly.

And if you order the gold one, you can always put an Ohlins sticker on it

apriliaforum expert
    My thoughts exactly. The Sachs one did nothing but make sad squelchy sounds. This one, so far, has performed flawlessly.

And if you order the gold one, you can always put an Ohlins sticker on it

LOL!!

I did get the black and gold one....lol

LOL!!

I did get the black and gold one....lol
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKU2420-S...r/122236777400

Mind you these people that cover their lovely bikes with crap stickers need lining up and shooting. They're bad enough stock without putting more garish crap all over them! Would be lovely if Aprilia stopped with the child's sticker book and went back to plain colours. They look great plain.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Don't waste $30 and your time and go for ohlins... I ve had ohlins on all my bikes and it never disappointed. The one on Tuono RF is pretty good. Perfect for bumpy roads in Midwest and no headshakes no matter how hard I push... And no worries about locking the front at 100 mph

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert
    Don't waste $30 and your time and go for ohlins... I ve had ohlins on all my bikes and it never disappointed. The one on Tuono RF is pretty good. Perfect for bumpy roads in Midwest and no headshakes no matter how hard I push... And no worries about locking the front at 100 mph

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Well if you want to donate $331 I would love to get one, hahaha. It's not rocket science, it's an oil filled tube with a needle valve that controls oil flow through an orifice. We will see if I just wasted 30 bucks in a few weeks. I need something to do over the winter, lmao! Would rather save my money for an Ohlins Rear shock for my RR!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast