Thread: RSV4 APRC and datalogger

RSV4 APRC and datalogger

Hi,
    Currently I use an AIM datalogger on a car and I'v adapted it to my RSV4 RR 2015 (Europe). The adaptation is straightforward an easy.

As other posts have shown the TPS (throttle position) is not shown in the CAN bus but Gabro confirmed me that this can be recovered easily using one of his map. Other way is to have a Corse ECU. I dont know with Openflash.

On the many Solo DL posts, I've not seen if anyone attempted to have also the brake pressure recorded somehow ? Is the reading of the ABS pressure sensor via CAN possible ? I would like to avoid another brake pressure sensor.

AIM system is quiet pricey but you get a lot of information and nice video overlay with lap time, RPM, speed, accel, etc...

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Flam; 12-03-2017 at 05:32 AM.

RSV4 APRC and datalogger

I donít know about AIM par sey, they do have various analogue inputs available for the MXG/L and the EVO4. Iíve just bought a I2M and I know for fact they have the TPS available (if your ECU has it turned on) and by adding analogue potentiometers you can have suspension travel, brake pressure logged and displayed. Nothing Iíve seen about any of the AIM units specifically has those two inputs but I may be wrong? The AIM MXL seems a pretty comprehensive bit of kit to be fair
    2009 R

Race ECU. Domino XM2, Shorty Akrapovic. Retro Fit APRC Qs. RCS 19 and RCS clutch perch
    HEL lines throughout. GiaMoto Rearsets, Puig, Pipercross Air filter. SC1 for road and Superbike Slick SC1/SC2 track

Same problem regarding the TPS with I2M it seems, but solution exists.
    I also considered i2M for datalogger, but since the system is also use for a track car, I switch to AIM. The MX dash line seems great, yes.

For the AIM EVO4, EVO5 and MXL,/MXG you have 5V analog input available. You can also buy brake pressure sensors from them.
    My idea was to use the already existing pressure sensor in the ABS unit, via CAN or via 5V analog input. In some car ABS unit, you can reach the sensor and connect wires to get the signal out. For the RSV4 I do not know if we could get this signal easily.

Youíve got FAR better skills than I then hahah I wouldnít know where to start! One thing that has caught my eye with I2M is next year they are releasing sensors for your wheels that will log and display on your dash your tyre pressures and internal temps! Technology....... love it
    2009 R

Race ECU. Domino XM2, Shorty Akrapovic. Retro Fit APRC Qs. RCS 19 and RCS clutch perch
    HEL lines throughout. GiaMoto Rearsets, Puig, Pipercross Air filter. SC1 for road and Superbike Slick SC1/SC2 track

This will be nice ! I would love it too

AIM can read infrared tyre temp sensors like these :

Name:  tire_temperature_sensor_bracket_kit.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  40.1 KB

May be not so easy to implement for bikes... and you still need a dash to have it displayed.

Yes, brake pressure (front) can be get from CANbus (if your bike is still equipped with ABS)
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Thanks Gabro. PM sent for info.