Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard to find neutral

Quote Originally Posted by ghedunk View Post
    My 04 and the 2012 both have no problems finding neutral . Click both of them in neutral at every red light . I don't like the clunk going into gear . But its wet clutch so you got to live with it .
    You want to hear a clunk? My Ducati (dry clutch) is really a clunk from N to first! Then again, Ducatis are famous for their weird noises
    '12 Tuono V4 APRC
    '03 Ducati ST4S

apriliaforum newb
    My 17 is using the factory oil, so whatever it is they slop in there in Italy. Extra Virgin Olive Oil?

apriliaforum Member Darth Vader's Avatar
    So, yesterday was a funny day..
    I rode 5 diffrent tuonos on same route and I did pay attention on this problem.. so my findings are
    1. Brand new 2017 factory... gear lever very stiff finding neutral stationary almost imposible from fist gear, much easier from second, just low tap from the top
    2. Second brand new 2017 factory... gear lever a bit softer than on previous one... finding neutral from first gear is hard because it jumping in the second gear too easy... again, low tap from the second gear works very well..
    3. Brand new 2016 factory.... same as second one
    4. 2012 tuono with 32000 km with some bad aftremarket rear sets... long travel of the gear lever but no problems with neutral whatsover, maybe because of long travel...
    5. 2004 odl lady 54000 km all stock, even levers.... soft and smooth, but that is rotax engine ..

I usually finding neutral till bike is still rolling and that way works for me very good.. if I have to hit netral and I have stopped already, just short and quick action with clutch lever helps...

IMHO is that when gearbox loosen up a bit , all is getting better...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    I rode 5 diffrent tuonos on same route and I did pay attention on this problem.. so my findings are
    1. Brand new 2017 factory... gear lever very stiff finding neutral stationary almost imposible from fist gear, much easier from second, just low tap from the top
    2. Second brand new 2017 factory... gear lever a bit softer than on previous one... finding neutral from first gear is hard because it jumping in the second gear too easy... again, low tap from the second gear works very well..
    4. 2012 tuono with 32000 km with some bad aftremarket rear sets... long travel of the gear lever but no problems with neutral whatsover, maybe because of long travel...
    5. 2004 odl lady 54000 km all stock, even levers.... soft and smooth, but that is rotax engine ..

I usually finding neutral till bike is still rolling and that way works for me very good.. if I have to hit netral and I have stopped already, just short and quick action with clutch lever helps...

I have a 2015 1100, always had to tap down from second to find neutral..

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by PilgriM View Post
    I have a 2015 1100, always had to tap down from second to find neutral..

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk
    My 2015 is really easy to find neutral, but very easy if you do it just before coming to a stop. I always park my bike in first gear (earthquakes), I can just pop it into neutral before starting the engine.

Cheers

apriliaforum Member
    As Cosmik said, tap the bike into neutral before coming to a stop. Works on any bike with a finicky neutral. Ducati's and Harleys included.lol

apriliaforum newb
    My 2017 is all good changing to neutral just needs a very light touch. Had a zx14 before tuono and aprilia box is like butter in comparison

apriliaforum newb
    My Ducati Multistrada was like absolute butter. From 1 to N or from 2 to N never an issue.

This particular bike is very indistinct. I wish it were better but its something that I can deal with with just a little bit of practice. I just think its weird that the bike sort of falls into neutral rather than clicking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post

All 3 of my TV4`s have been a bit fidly with neutral always easier tapping down from 2nd while still rolling. My 15 was much looser after 10,000 miles and better but still needed a feather touch!
    Current bike

V4 1100 Factory 2017

If you have anything good to say shut the fuck up!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    My '17 is impossible to find. You CANNOT get into neutral going from 1st to neutral. The only way to do it is to go from 2nd to Neutral.
    My 17 Factory is the same - pretty easy to find N if slowing down and tap down from 2nd but IMPOSSIBLE to find if I go to first - then a game of 1st - 2nd - 1st - 2nd repeat, repeat.
    What I have noticed if at a complete stop I can click from 1st and allow it shows 2nd on the screen its actually in N. Let out the clutch slowly and nothing happens. Switch off and leave it and when you start the TFT shows N not 2nd?!?!?!

apriliaforum newb
    feels good im not the only one. 1st to N for the record sucks. support shaft helped a little

It's like a woman if you don't tickle it just right you won't get it in lol

lol...
    As mentioned. Either pop it into neutral right before you stop, or if stopped progressively put pressure on the lever and let it get "sucked" into neutral, I hope this makes sense... don't let your foot follow the lever or it will overthrow it into 2nd.
    After you figure it out, it is easy to do imo.
    Last edited by Vehicle 1; 12-09-2017 at 09:22 PM.
    12' Tuono V4
    04' 636

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12