Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you spot some original style crash bars ...

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capoandrew View Post
    I have a set sitting in the garage, bit scratched up, but easily repaired. Only issue, will be postage.

In fact I have a pile of Capo stuff if anyone is interested.
    Maybe I can smuggle those LVs into my luggage when I next come and visit family!

Quote Originally Posted by goldencapo View Post
    Why not the H&Bs? I just want to slim things down a little and reduce any of the turbulence that comes off the upper horizontal tube. It sits higher than the slope-up side panels and, coupled with the after-market lights that were on it, disrupts the airflow.
    Couldn't have been as bad as this giant fugly thing. I clicked on the auction page because of the price. But OMG!

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  131.9 KB

I have a set sitting in the garage, bit scratched up, but easily repaired. Only issue, will be postage.

In fact I have a pile of Capo stuff if anyone is interested.
    Did you get rid of your bike? Still have the parts cave full?

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_O View Post
    Couldn't have been as bad as this giant fugly thing. I clicked on the auction page because of the price. But OMG!

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  131.9 KB
    Aye, belt and braces job. I'm liking the slimmed down look, I even considered crash bungs but think the OEM look the best compromise, especially if you want to hang some lights off 'em. Now then, lights ...

sorry for the late reply. Yep, bike gone to bike heaven.I have a few boxes of bits left over. Rear shock, exhaust, crash bars, foot pegs, new filters etc etc etc.

I was thinking of chucking it all on Ebay, but not sure how it would go.

It's all about Triumph now, better of worse. Took me ages to bond with the new bike. Then I got a set of new tyres and 'hey presto" I'm in love again.
    (Actually too much in love, I got a fairly nasty speeding ticket the other day. Simply enjoying the power too much. Gotta say, as much as I loved the Aprilia, you can't beat 128+hp compared to the 100+hp. Anyhoo!)
    Last edited by Capoandrew; 12-13-2017 at 08:07 PM.

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

Oh and I miss you guys. The Triumph guys tend to bits of toffs.

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

sorry for the late reply. Yep, bike gone to bike heaven.I have a few boxes of bits left over. Rear shock, exhaust, crash bars, foot pegs, new filters etc etc etc.

I was thinking of chucking it all on Ebay, but not sure how it would go.

It's all about Triumph now, better of worse. Took me ages to bond with the new bike. Then I got a set of new tyres and 'hey presto" I'm in love again.
    (Actually too much in love, I got a fairly nasty speeding ticket the other day. Simply enjoying the power too much. Gotta say, as much as I loved the Aprilia, you can't beat 128+hp compared to the 100+hp. Anyhoo!)
    Ouch. Out here in California that's about 500 bucks minimum.
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum newb
    Hello. Saw these on ebay, any feedback from users/owners?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/APRILIA-CAP...oAAOSwnDpaNPYO

Last edited by skvrnsk; 12-17-2017 at 10:19 AM.

My new OEM Aprilia bars showed up today. Hopefully, there will be instructions written in English.

Edit: Like putting together an erector set. The kit was supplied with many parts not needed or used, depending on the install you choose. It contains spacers that allow installing close to the body (shown) or about 25mm further away, which I'd have liked better. But one of the longer rubber bumpers needed for that is split, and the longer socket headed bolts for the front mount were supplied as regular hex bolts, so they won't fit inside the cones. Good enough for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bars front.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	504.4 KB 
ID:	348431
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bars rear.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	506.8 KB 
ID:	348432
    Last edited by Stu_O; 12-23-2017 at 04:31 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Andrew, Just got a capo and im sydney based, keen to see what spares you have left over. whats the best email or ph to get in touch?
    cheers
    Steve

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skvrnsk View Post
    what do the top bars hook up to when they disappear into the bodywork above the radiated, there doesn't seem to be a cross member like other designs? I'd worry that pressure on them might bend any subframe they are attached to.

There is no crossbar, like in OEM design, but I don't think it's going to be a weakspot, because I know how fragile OEM crossbar is. Fixing points are the same I guess.
    Also, the lower mount is moved forward, closer to the upper mount and that, I think will give better support under heavy impact. But that's just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ETV1000 View Post
    Hi Andrew, Just got a capo and im sydney based, keen to see what spares you have left over. whats the best email or ph to get in touch?
    cheers
    Steve
    PM me please. Im not here very often cheers

I own an original stock bars and I thinking about attaching crashbars to them
    pegaso cube 1998 -> etv 1000 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12