Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006 tuono stolen today wallasey merseyside

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The police will not actively pursue it on the road in case the rider crashes and hurts himself.Apparently the rider can sue the police if he is hurt during a chase!Anyway the weather is terrible right now ,so I do not think the thieves will be out "joyriding" on my stolen bike.Especially as they do not posess suitable cold weather riding clothing.Just "The North Face " polyester sportswear.I actually believe I know the name of the thief....a well known local burglar and vehicle taker.

Sitting on a park bench. Eyeing little girls with bad intent. Channeling Jethro Tull.
    The guy with the punch was running as they were pulling up next to his bike.
    Almost like he half expected it. Hope he pounded hell out of the thief.
    My Tuono suits me to a "T".
    Thunder!

apriliaforum newb
    I've been following this thread...any updates? I been hoping the thief would turn up smashed under a lorry! I would at least call the police daily to ask what they are doing about it and why they let know thieves to get away with it.

apriliaforum newb
    Weaveman my heart goes out to you on your great loss. I almost had a bike stolen but caught the toe rags just in time. I know its not much comfort in advising this but, I now always have an alarm fitted to my bikes and recently installed a meta-m357t-v2-thatcham-cat-1-motorcycle-alarm which was confirmed as one of the best by an alarm fitter. Not cheap at 120 but gives that added protection. Hope they endure a long painful death

A lot of people are reluctant to fit an alarm on our bikes because of the battery and charging woes we all have suffered at some time.the guy i bought my falco off removed the datatool system 3 because of the issues it caused
    Whenever i leave my bike for more than a day or so i turn the tip over sensor on its side so there is no way the half whited scum bag who steals it wont get it started.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Ned, I have read the issues about the alarm and poor battery so have mine on trickle charge, and to date no issues. I'm originally from Toxteth L8 so can appreciate the bad pr we get.

Enjoy the beast and safe riding

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Well here we are 6 weeks on and no news on the bike.I finalised the insurance claim and am now waiting for the valuation.Not very optimistic.52000 miles on the clock (2006 model) and no service history since 18000 miles.Not to mention 650 excess.....

apriliaforum Member
    Post some pics of your bike. Mayby I see it somewere. Was it an R?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-T...wAAOSws6ZaIbpY

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123