Thread: Is there a comfortable aftermarket seat for a 2016 Dorsoduro 750?

apriliaforum newb

Is there a comfortable aftermarket seat for a 2016 Dorsoduro 750?

I've searched pretty extensively today on the forums and basically come up with not much of anything? Early variants say get a 1200 seat, rework your current seat, etc. Doesn't anyone make an aftermarket seat that is way better than stock? I mean, the stock seat I get about 30 min before my ass is killing me...lol Basically it's the most detracting thing about the bike and I can find little to nothing as a decent replacement. :-(

Input please! :-)
    2106 Dorsoduro ABS 750 / White
    ~ no mods yet...but they're comin...

apriliaforum expert High Country's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PXM2513 View Post
    I've searched pretty extensively today on the forums and basically come up with not much of anything? Early variants say get a 1200 seat, rework your current seat, etc. Doesn't anyone make an aftermarket seat that is way better than stock? I mean, the stock seat I get about 30 min before my ass is killing me...lol Basically it's the most detracting thing about the bike and I can find little to nothing as a decent replacement. :-(

Input please! :-)
    There are companies that will re-work the stock seat, making it much better. Renazco is one I have heard is good. Maybe Moto.K, Saddleman, or other custom saddle makers too. As far as I know, there isn't a ready made seat you can just buy. They all want your original seat pan to work with, and charge $300-$400.

Of the seats made by Aprilia, the 1200 seat is the best/thickest. This means it will raise the seat height a little bit. I can go twice as long before my butt gets tired, which is longer than a tank of fuel lasts. After a refueling break, I'm good for another hour. After 3 tanks I get a little sore. I think later model 750 bikes came with this same seat as stock, so if you go this route make sure you know what you are getting. They look slightly different, so you should be able to tell by looking at pictures. They can be had for $75 used.

The Aprilia gel seat is the best looking seat, but only a small improvement over the stock 750 seat. These are about $120 new.

If you want a genuine all day seat, the best thing to do is buy another stock 750 seat from eBay and send it off to have it customized. If you can find a local saddle maker, it's really not rocket science. Have the guy cut a circle out where you butt sits. replace that area with dense memory foam. take the circle that was removed and cut it in half. put those halves at the seat edges to make the spot you sit wider. Now round the edges where the backs of you thighs hit. This is what the long range BMW riders do.

Last edited by High Country; 11-27-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

Moto-Skiveez Adventure shorts extend seat time by 15 - 20 minutes. Fabric breathability in hot weather is impressive.

My Renazco Racing seat is definitely more comfortable than the stock or Aprilia gel seat. Glad I was able to get a used one in good condition. Those things are expensive!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rule62; 11-27-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, FatDuc, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO on order...