Thread: Rear sprocket carrier hub.

Rear sprocket carrier hub.

Mines fecked and I need a new or used one in gold please. Plenty of silver ones available new, but gold is discontinued. There must be one out there somewhere.

If not then it's either try and get a silver one anodized gold or is it maybe possible to machine the old hub and fit a larger bearing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171126_102427.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	515.3 KB 
ID:	346989
    FUCK THE MAGS

Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

apriliaforum Member
    How bad is it? Looks like the bearing outer race has been spinning in the hub?
    Is it worth looking at using a Loctite bearing retainer, depending on your tolerances?
    Otherwise I'm sure an engineering shop could machine the hub to take an insert, then machine the insert to take an original bearing.
    All down to cost I guess.

apriliaforum expert
    I know you're after a gold one, but I have a very good condition silver one for 25 including delivery if you go down the route of getting it anodised.

Thanks Tash I'll bear that in mind if I can't get a gold one.
    Stevex I think too much alloy was removed for Loctite but machining may be an answer, I'll have to ask around locally.
    FUCK THE MAGS

Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

Tash do you know if the hub is silver anodised or just the natural aluminium finish? I think I've read before that it's hard to anodise over previously anodised surfaces.
    FUCK THE MAGS

apriliaforum expert
    Certain it's just natural mate, I will check tomorrow

apriliaforum expert
    Hi mate, it's just a natural finish

Tash that sounds good. I'll PM you.
    FUCK THE MAGS

On the Englandshire side of the Welsh Border
    It's a pain in the arse re-anodising ali parts like that mate.
    Usually, the part is acid etched to remove the existing, then re coated.
    Bearing fit is never the same.
    I had some forks done many years back, and it was impossible to get a perfect seal fit.
    Was told that the acid etch takes off a bit of the meat?

Quote Originally Posted by FTM View Post
    Tash do you know if the hub is silver anodised or just the natural aluminium finish? I think I've read before that it's hard to anodise over previously anodised surfaces.
    Griff can get it re-anodised he had my forks redone from black to gold...he has a guy he trusts
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

That's interesting. There's a realy good place near me that gets good recommendations. They will mask off areas so bearings aren't affected for a few dollars more.
    FUCK THE MAGS

Where did you get a gold one anyway? I've never seen but one part number for the carrier across all models from 98 Mille through gen 2 and the latest V4's. SP, Nera, Racing, etc. All the same part number.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU

2002 Tuono R Limited, part number AP8125900. Number 11 here https://www.ultimateparts.net/aprili...o-2013&i=18713, discontinued part, non available from any Aprilia dealers. It looks like Aprilia sold off their remaining stock to clear shelves some time ago. Someone somewhere must have bought them all up at 10 each!!!!!!!!
    FUCK THE MAGS

Curious. Never been up close to one of those.

I like the wheels.

This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU