Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new pride and joy gone - stollen from the Lace Market car park in Nottingham today

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumu View Post
    UK has a problem with bikes thieves, according to the news.

Sorry to hear.
    Thankfully that's not quite it, it's just inner city London. Bikes stolen by moped thieves.

We seem to have a problem with theft in the UK, my lad went to Manchester on the train (with his expensive pushbike) cycled to the arena for a meeting, locked the bike to the bikestand, came back out 30 minutes later..............bike gone

apriliaforum expert
    Shabba, please tell me this wasn't an indoor covered car park? I would never park my bike in a covered car park (sorry I know that doesn't help you now) as for trackers I use the Biketrac tracker. I use it because it work in 3 ways. Most trackers use GPS but that's useless in the back of a van. Biketrac uses GPS but the signal is lost it uses GPRS mobile data signal and that gets you to within a couple of hundred metres from a mobile phone mast and then it uses radio frequency which can pin point it exactly, like it can point out which garage the bike might be in or which house etc. My tracker cost a few hundred pounds (one off) and I bought 2 years of subscriptions for £179. When you sell the bike you just unclip the tracker, leave the wiring loom in place and buy another loom for the new bike (£10 IIRC). I really hope you get it back Shabba and remember folks, park in plain view even it's not your view. I also don't shy away from using bike alarms, especially oem ones they're really good these days and if someone is gonna try and take my bike off the street I want the bike to at least scream it's tits off and potentially get noticed by another person who cares about bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by shabba007 View Post
    Had steering lock on along with disc lock. I always leave it in gear also. It must have been lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by shabba007 View Post
    Thats it, only had it 8 weeks. It was parked up for little over 1 hr inside a cark park with cameras. No evidence of it being dragged, so guessing the b*stards lifted it into something.
    Gutted........
    Really shi**y, its my biggest fear, never had a bike that I was particularly worried if it was stolen, but this one is the most I have ever spent on a bike.

My son uses this Automatrics MTrack tracker. It uses three systems to track the bike and will find it inside a building or a container, van etc. Unlike other trackers, it is not actually spying on you, it is a passive tracker… i.e it does not constantly track you with speed/position etc.. It is also not wired at all, so self fit and can be hidden anywhere there is a space. The standard unit is a fair size for the Aprilia but there is a smaller one which is wired for power. The settings are all configurable in terms of how often you want it to report in, what you want it to report… i.e GPS position/GSM position or nothing etc.
    How it works is when it is armed by the remote, if the motion sensor detects motion of the bike for more than 7 seconds it will notify the control center and go into alarm mode, where it will constantly transmit it’s location. They will then contact the owner to confirm if it is genuine or not over phone, txt, Whatsapp, Apple messaging. If it is stolen the owner reports it to the police and gets a crime number to give to them and then they will coordinate the rest with the police. If the police can’t locate it due to resource or lack of tracking equipment they will dispatch someone to come and find the bike using GPS/GSM or Radio. Prices are similar to other systems at around £100 a year. They say that includes if it is abroad but I will be checking out if they really will travel with their radio sensor to find the bike.
    I am not keen on a constant tracker system so I quite like this one. When travelling I could get it configured to update its position fairly frequently and only report in if I stop for 10 minutes or so and it isn't armed which means I may have had an accident or some such.
    The Third Law of Human Dynamics: For every opportunity to communicate there is an equal and opposite opportunity to misunderstand

Did/do you have the V4-MP app and multimeadia platform fitted? If so, there is a Find my Bike feature in the app!
    2015 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    Brembo RCS19 MC, Akrapovic Exhaust, GRT ECU, DNA filter, Lightech levers, rear-sets & chain adjusters, Evotech tail-tidy, Evotech fork & swingarm sliders, Cox Racing Rad Guard & Aprilia Factory Forged Alloys.

2012 Tuono V4 APRC Fast
    Black.... Sold
    Yamaha MT-10 SP

Quote Originally Posted by Satanic View Post

Really constructive comment, good one...
    Honda SFX50 > Aprilia SR125 > Aprilia RS125 > Honda RFV400 > K4 GSXR600 > KTM Duke > C1H 636 > K3 GSXR1000 > Aprilia RSV-R > Triumph Street Triple R > Ducati 899 Panigale > Aprilia Tuono 1100 > Triumph Daytona 675R > KTM SuperDuke 1290 2.0

apriliaforum Member coolonthecoast's Avatar
    Really sorry to hear this, any news yet mate? Hopefully the cctv will have some clues, but as you say the thieves will be long gone by now. Never give up hope though.
    1200 Capo Travel Pack and a '85 Honda VF1000RF.

What a bummer. I'm local and I'll share it up. I walked right past that car park on Sat!
    2013 Tuono APRC Yellow Crotch Banana with...
    Heated grips, Stompgrips, tail tidy, new steering damper, titanium spindle nuts, PIAA bulbs, USB ports, RAM mount, gel seat, RSV4 air filter, crash bungs and engine covers, shortened Akra, IRC auto blipper, Gabro ECU reflash

Any updates on the stolen bike?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123