Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you pay for a left over 2016?

What would you pay for a left over 2016?

Hey guys, quick question for ya here. What would you pay for a left over 2016 RR, also keeping in mind its the end of the season and holiday time. Personally I think the 2016 Bucine Grey is one of the most appealing color schemes for Aprilia, both special and minimalist at the same time. I feel they went some fugly step with the 2017 version, seeming to combine both the black and the grey. Some dealers seem to have some leftovers asking 13k OTD, but there are also some places offering '17 version as 13.5k so its tough to swallow when the autoblipper for the '16 will be almost a 1k option. Primarily I just want the '16 color scheme, and if I were honest I prefer the analog dash to the TFT along with the pre-RBW throttle. However, if they can't offer a good enough deal I might just wait for a '17 in black next year.

So what would you pay, and what arguments would you use to haggle?

Can't help with the numbers, but your reasoning is sound. That colour scheme looks the best of recent times IMHO.

apriliaforum Member
    A dealer here has two in that silver colour for 14.5K€ with two year warranty.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

However I have rode all variants of Factory RSV4 on the track, and I can say the '17 is something else.

not going to say anymore, as it will start a debate on justification of this and that, if it sounds good to you then go for it.

any RSV4 that fits your budget is a good choice, they have always been good, some with better reputations than others, but still all good.
    Previous bikes : AR50 - AR80 - CB250N - RD350LC - RGV250 - VT400 - TDR250 - VIRAGO 535 - RF600 - RF900 - CBR600 - GSXR750 - TL1000R - T160 TRIUMPH - R1 - PIAGGIO - R6 - RC30 - 916SPS - VFR800 - 675 DAYTONA - CBR600RR - TL1000R - YZF750 - RSV4 FACTORY.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Have also been told by the guys I race against that the 17 stock is an improvement.

Also the 16 has RBW too. The control unit just isnt contained in the throttle tube assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by rsnet View Post

However I have rode all variants of Factory RSV4 on the track, and I can say the '17 is something else.

not going to say anymore, as it will start a debate on justification of this and that, if it sounds good to you then go for it.

any RSV4 that fits your budget is a good choice, they have always been good, some with better reputations than others, but still all good.
    I started the thread so I wouldn't mind hearing your comparison. I've read most of the other threads on the subject but a good portion of them went on a tangent so not too much feedback. Unless someone has some definitive 16v17 comparison rides.

Quote Originally Posted by das134 View Post
    Have also been told by the guys I race against that the 17 stock is an improvement.

Also the 16 has RBW too. The control unit just isnt contained in the throttle tube assembly.
    I see, just came across several posts of people who have been on both and say they prefer the 16 but over time got used to the 17

apriliaforum newb
    I was in the same boat about a week ago and here's my 2 cents. I think the 2016 Grey color is prob one of the best looking in recent years and the price makes it very attractive. That being said I am a fan of the improvements made for the 2017 MY and to retrofit them to the 2016 would be cost prohibitive. It's cheaper and easier to change the fairings on a 2017 than to add all the electronic goodies to a 2016. I ended up buying a 2017 as the price right now it pretty good, especially considering the 2018 upgrades are not as big a jump as the 2017 were for the RR. Oh and I saw dealers listing the 2017 for 13.5K but when I called that price did not include about $1500 in fees for prep, freight, blah blah blah etc. Then you still have to add in tax and tags etc. If you have the money I say go for the 2017.

Ken

apriliaforum prov-nov a bathing ape's Avatar
    Just for reference, I bought my left over '16 in May for $13,290. After shipping, prep, & TTL it was still under $14.5k.... which is why I jumped on it. Keep looking, these bikes seem to depreciate a whole lot due to their Italian rep. Get yours before people figure out its all bs lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Member
    I was in the exact same boat. I love the 16 grey. I ended up getting a 17 black though for the extra features, like thr quick shifter and the dash which I prefer. I think im going to strip the decals and do custom decals.

apriliaforum Member
    Regardless of the mechanical changes to the 2017 and mind you I’m not the buyer here, and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I think the 2017 in the gloss silver is more appealing than the prior year’s matte buccine gray. The middle fairing color is not black but charcoal gray, also glossy. I removed the gigantic red letter A from the mids and it looks really clean. I had an Ascari black 17 on order until I saw the silver and changed immediately never really loving the matte finish. If I knew how I’d post some pictures but am happy to email them to you if you want.

There's no real rule of thumb when it comes to buying leftover inventory. Personally, I feel like the bump 2016 -> 2017 was big enough technically to significantly reduce a new 2016's value. Especially given the incredible deals AF1 have been putting out there.

If it comes to looks, then there's no telling really. Pay whatever you find reasonable to get what you want? 13.5k$ seems like a screaming deal on a brand new 0 mile bike with factory warranty though.
    When in doubt, gas it

apriliaforum expert Proctologist's Avatar
    Sounds like your getting a pretty good deal as stated.. go with the one that's gonna make you the happiest.

Remember to do your research on the dealership as well; price is one thing, going back for service or warranty is another -)

Today:
    Ducati 1199 Panigale Rosso | Aprilia RSV4-R APRC ABS

Yesterday:
    Ducati 1098 | Suzuki GSX-R1000 | Suzuki GSX-R1100 | Kawaski Ninja ZX600R | Suzuki TS185

Appreciate the feedback guys, in the end the OTD pricing on the 16 was just way too good to pass up so I suppose I'l be spending a lot more time on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken968 View Post
    I was in the same boat about a week ago and here's my 2 cents. I think the 2016 Grey color is prob one of the best looking in recent years and the price makes it very attractive. That being said I am a fan of the improvements made for the 2017 MY and to retrofit them to the 2016 would be cost prohibitive. It's cheaper and easier to change the fairings on a 2017 than to add all the electronic goodies to a 2016. I ended up buying a 2017 as the price right now it pretty good, especially considering the 2018 upgrades are not as big a jump as the 2017 were for the RR. Oh and I saw dealers listing the 2017 for 13.5K but when I called that price did not include about $1500 in fees for prep, freight, blah blah blah etc. Then you still have to add in tax and tags etc. If you have the money I say go for the 2017.

Ken
    This seems like my experience as well, which is kind of what I expected in highsight. But it also seems a good amount of '17s were picked up in the last two-three weeks so I guess even with the fees the prices were attractive to buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by dcboy View Post
    Regardless of the mechanical changes to the 2017 and mind you Im not the buyer here, and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I think the 2017 in the gloss silver is more appealing than the prior years matte buccine gray. The middle fairing color is not black but charcoal gray, also glossy. I removed the gigantic red letter A from the mids and it looks really clean. I had an Ascari black 17 on order until I saw the silver and changed immediately never really loving the matte finish. If I knew how Id post some pictures but am happy to email them to you if you want.
    I have to agree with you about beauty in the eye of the beholder. I'm also just a fan of minimalism so I think that is why the 16 just resonates with me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Proctologist View Post
    Sounds like your getting a pretty good deal as stated.. go with the one that's gonna make you the happiest.

Remember to do your research on the dealership as well; price is one thing, going back for service or warranty is another -)
    Luckily the guy I'm dealing with is more of a fellow rider than a typical salesman, with my location I would basically have 2-3 options for service/warranty work but hope not to have to deal with that; fingers crossed.

apriliaforum newb
    Either bike is good but I would go for the 17. One thing I don't hear many people talk about is the throttle, it is much smoother on the 17 and there is no play in the beginning. Also the downshift is very nice and I use the cruise control a lot because I'm lazy. The TFT is really nice and I hear easier to go through and change settings then the old one. In the end whatever you get will be a good bike, I just prefer the 17 for the track and road.

apriliaforum expert
    There’s a little play in the throttle for a reason.
    Have you ever tried to go around a roundabout with zero play in the throttle?

apriliaforum newb
    I don't have any roundabouts near me so not really but at the same time, sure I make turns with zero play in my 17's throttle. I assume you are gonna tell me it has to do with the throttle cable being pulled on while turning. With the 17's there aren't any throttle cables so there is no need for any play in the throttle or adjusting them later down the road. Also there is no friction from the cables so it has a nice smooth turn and the 17's throttle is a quarter turn throttle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast