Thread: Haaard to find neutral

apriliaforum newb

Haaard to find neutral

Hi,
    I received my first Aprilia Rsv 1000r 2006 model yesterday. Today I took it for a ride and I just love the feeling of the strong v-twin and it`s fantastic sound.
    Going from 1st gear to nutreal is almost impossible while standing still. And the gearleaver feels very heavy to operate. (Only when at a stand still)
    Going up or down in gears while riding is not a problem.
    Could this be a sign of the clutch not disengaging 100%.
    The bike has only covered 21000 km (approx 13000 miles) so it should not be wourn out?

Any thoughts on this?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Common issue on these bikes. Try blending the master and slave. There is also an oil jet upgrade that can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi and welcome. The torque and sound of the twin is intoxicating for sure. The instant response off corners is definitly addictive!
    One of the quirks of the rotax is finding neuteral from 1st or 2nd gear when at a standstill. There are a few things you can do to help this issue but it can't be completly remedied.
    Keep the clutch well bled and the minimun freeplay in the lever. Check the stickies above for the best procedure. kz mille's thread is best for this.
    The #40 oil jet for the clutch - some bikes came with a #60 oil jet, the smaller oil jet means less oil and less clutch drag. Do a search on #40 oil jet.
    An aftermarket slave cylinder may help, plenty of people run them and report an improvement.
    And the easiest and cheapest - is getting into the habit of as you are rolling to a stop, just a light tap down from 2nd to neuteral.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by jess67 View Post
    Hi and welcome. The torque and sound of the twin is intoxicating for sure. The instant response off corners is definitly addictive!
    One of the quirks of the rotax is finding neuteral from 1st or 2nd gear when at a standstill. There are a few things you can do to help this issue but it can't be completly remedied.
    Keep the clutch well bled and the minimun freeplay in the lever. Check the stickies above for the best procedure. kz mille's thread is best for this.
    The #40 oil jet for the clutch - some bikes came with a #60 oil jet, the smaller oil jet means less oil and less clutch drag. Do a search on #40 oil jet.
    An aftermarket slave cylinder may help, plenty of people run them and report an improvement.
    And the easiest and cheapest - is getting into the habit of as you are rolling to a stop, just a light tap down from 2nd to neuteral.
    Thank you! I will check out Kz`s post and try bleeding out any air in the system.

I don't care how well you bleed the clutch, 'N' will still be hard to find. Like jess67 states, go after 'N' right before stopping to find it easiest. I'd rather it be like this than easy to find when trying to go past 'N' when shifting into 2nd.
    2007 Tuono 1000R Factory
    Cored OE Racing CansMap2Pazzo Knock-offs15-40AF1 Link PlatesAprilia Sliders
    Laminar WindscreenLowered PegsLED City and Tag Lights
    ProTaper Mini-LowClear Signal Lenses
    2017 High-Ball in Suede Nuclear Sunset Orange

2001 Futura in Silver - Sold, after 8.5 years of service.

Retired - DJ, Turntablist, Creator and Mixologist.
    Cored OE Cans vs Leo Vince Titanium Vid
    Slammin' Tunes!

HF152, 10-26954
    HF564 .024-.028

Chrome extension to see photobucket blocked pics.

After my long trip on the rsvr (500 miles/day) I realized the need to keep the master slave bubble free. Frequent shifting seemed to trap air. Other than that, I never had problems finding neutral. As a note, I started to use Rotella T6.
    Dionysis

79 CX500C
    07 RSV1000R
    08 WR250R

IBA#58777