Thread: Rally 50 AC better performance

apriliaforum newb

Post Rally 50 AC better performance

Hi, I have a rally 50, bike was sitting for some years because when I was a kid the bike was always letting me down for some reason. But "recently" I decided to make it my daily.. First, what do you think of this scooter?

I've "rebuild it", new piston, rings, gaskets, air filter, spark plug, reeds, 5g rollers, kevlar belt, etc? Everything else its stock

I'm, loving the bike but Im actually trying to increase a little the top speed. It is 75km/h on straight road, its ok? What can I do, not expensive, to get more top speed? I feel like 1/4 and 2/4 throttle is very nice, but 3/4 and woot feels "buggy"

Tryed to put the needle a notch down, didnt feel any difference

Do I need a better exauhst? Bigger carb? Just looking a little increase

Thanks for the help in advance

apriliaforum expert
    what year is it and wich engine?

what type of daily drives and what speed roads are we talking about?

---
    its normal not to pass 75kmh with less than 7g weights on a piaggio engine. with that said... it needs a 70cc kit and a torque pipe to increase road speeds and gain performance.

let me know what carb you have and i will continue....
    Last edited by sublunacy; 11-17-2017 at 01:16 PM.
    --- diploma for engine repair in 2012 ---

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

previous vehicles - subaru legacy turbo 1991 - mazda mx6 turbo 1990.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi, thanks for the reply.. Year its 97 and the carb its a phbn12

I drive it 20km every day, 10 go to work, 10 back from work.. And I go very early, like 5am and are very straight roads.

many thanks

apriliaforum expert
    thats a nice ride! the size and shape of those is picture perfect.

--

ok so you need a carb and a malossi 70cc cylinder and the malossi exhaust.
    you need the carb replaced first or the engine will get damaged.... winter is a good time to do it.

--
    i like the dellorto sha carbs for torque pipes. i suggest the dakar sha 15mm carb with the 11 slide and a tunr airfilter. you will want the polini suicide choke and the malossi carb adaptor also. then just bolt it up and drive away... treatland.com has all that stuff
    Last edited by sublunacy; 11-18-2017 at 10:46 PM.

derbi bullet 2006 - piaggio AC - malossi T.C. half - custom GPS dash - TPR 70CC - topperf crank - vl13 reed and spacer- yamaha rt180 kickstand - giannelli shotV4 - phbg 21mm - doppler mesh top venturi filter

complete wtp volta bmx 2012 - sanko seamless japanese cromoly heat treated and blue printed frame - 21lbs

1992 lt250r suzuki quadracer - maier plastics -chromed shearer pipe - chromed works suspension - ++++++++ - 220lbs

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rafaapm View Post

I've "rebuild it", new piston, rings, gaskets, air filter, spark plug, reeds, 5g rollers, kevlar belt, etc? Everything else its stock

I'm, loving the bike but Im actually trying to increase a little the top speed. It is 75km/h on straight road, its ok? What can I do, not expensive, to get more top speed? .........
    the kevlar belts are very stiff / it is killing performance. try the stock belt or something and 6 gram rollers. mix the 7g with the 5g to reach 6grams if you have to but watch out for big flat spots on the rollers.

---
    let me msg my friend JIXAW. he has that carb setup and many other mods on that engine.
    Last edited by sublunacy; 11-18-2017 at 10:05 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks! Im not looking for changing the piston because its brand new, maybe some months now, but Im gonna be looking for it

Im gonna look to change my rollers and exauhst first, now I have something to start

Can you get me the better carb settings? Im out 1 and 1/2 turn in the air screw and needle is in 2nd notch from top

apriliaforum expert
    -get the malossi stuff. the cylinder and pipe....

no carb settings will be right if you run the rollers to light. get a rpm gauge/ tachometer and try to keep it at peak power wich is about 7500rpm. then ask me again.
    Last edited by sublunacy; 11-18-2017 at 10:50 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Ok, the cylinder and malossi stuff will do maybe next month...

With get the tachometer and in between change my rollers to 6,5/7g..

One question, do you know hebo racing exauhst? I can get one very cheap, dont even know if works on my scooter

apriliaforum expert
    yes i had a hebo performer i think it was called. it was kinda ok for ten years ago. the malossi makes a similiar zingy sound but has way way a longer powerband and the same hp. mine was red and it matched my bike. everybody even 5 years ago was on the poor mans midrace kick then. now finally a couple sport pipes available that make the hebo not look great by any standards.

---

the malossi pipe is called the art of performance and it needs a 15mm-17mm carb on the 8hp sport cylinder from malossi. if you want a nice cylinder still in sport class to go with that pipe the trophy 70cc cylinder and a 16-19mm carb will give you ten hp. those are the best two choices and the pipe works great on both.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by rafaapm View Post
    Ok, the cylinder and malossi stuff will do maybe next month...

With get the tachometer and in between change my rollers to 6,5/7g..

One question, do you know hebo racing exauhst? I can get one very cheap, dont even know if works on my scooter
    it is a racey type pipe and you dont come close to enough kit to power it. it needs a 5000rpm clutch and much more.