Thread: Abba stand

apriliaforum prov-nov

Abba stand

Who uses an abba stand for their bike here and do you need adapters to fit the Aprilia rsv 1000?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzo View Post
    Who uses an abba stand for their bike here and do you need adapters to fit the Aprilia rsv 1000?
    I use the abba I had the adapters I just filled them down a bit till they fit there a bit slack on the Honda now but fit both

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The set which I have for the kwack has one side around an inch diameter the other 1/2 inch, its so that I can put it on the stand in the back of the van when I collect it and then ratchet strap the lot down securely before the drive home, its 360 miles to the pickup and I don't fancy relying on the sidestand keeping the bike stable on the return.

Could you measure the diameter of one of your fittings for me please? or if one is fatter than the other could you do both ? Not immediately though but within a week or so. H

apriliaforum Member
    I have an ABBA stand. The adapters that came with it fit my Shiver and my son's SV650.

Edit:

Oops, I have a Redline stand. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by phlip; 11-18-2017 at 02:21 PM.
    2008 Aprilia Shiver
    2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I got mine only about a year ago and they needed to know for which bike it was for so one of my adapters is around an inch diameter which I think is too big for the swinger spindle of the Aprilia, I've already thought about this anyway after reading a thread where someone uses a half inch bar through the swinger spindle which is what I'll do before ratchet strapping it stationary in the van.

My local tyre place had cones machined up to fit the Abba stand, he reckons they work on 99% of the bikes he fits tyres to. The only reason Abba Stands make specific sockets for specific bike is to make money, if they sold a universal cone adapter their profits would go through the floor.
    If the tyre dealer ever gets more cones machined up I've asked him to do me a couple.

Hazzo my bike is up on the Abba at this moment but when I get it down I'll get the sizes.
    FUCK THE MAGS

Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

apriliaforum prov-nov
    OK cheers, like I say I've thought out a work around which will only set me back a couple of quid by using a threaded 1/2 inch bar cut to suit and a couple of nuts to lock the bike in place on the bar. I've a mate with an abba copy who has the cones and know you're right about them selling the adapters just to make more dough. H

My NWS stand has conical lugs, much better design than Abba, but I think they've gone out of business.
    - Bus passer -

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Like I said I've used one like that before which would be universal fit, Abbas are good but its all about the money these days isn't it.