Thread: Countershaft bearing replacement.

Countershaft bearing replacement.

How easy is it to do? I can't tell from the parts diagram if it's an engine out jobbie.

And while I'm here, what parts do I need; angular bearing 3206 and oil seal 40x47x7.5 ?
    Last edited by FTM; 11-16-2017 at 06:32 AM.
    FUCK THE MAGS

Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

Complete engine teardown required.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU

Nooooooo.

I was hoping you'd be along KZ.
    FUCK THE MAGS

Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

So I took the chain and sprockets off to isolate the shaft and the notchiness is gone, hopefully I just dodged a bullet. I ordered replacement bearings and cushdrive bushes for the wheel/cushdrive plus chain and sprockets earlier today, if the countershaft bearing was easy to get out I'd have replaced that too just incase. Hopefully that's all that's needed.
    FUCK THE MAGS

Failure of any of those bearings, sprocket holder or countershaft, are a good indication that the chain has been run too tight so watch out for that.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU

It was run too tight for about a week. The rear sprocket started to wear at the cush drive bolts, a couple of bolts worked loose and quickly wore out the Stealth sprocket. It went from being good, to scrap in 1 week of commuting (500 miles). I replaced the rear sprocket for a brand new steel one I had, bearings etc seemed good. I needed to adjust the chain twice in the next 500 miles, new sprocket wearing in I though but on checking again I had a massive tight spot in the chain that I hadn't noticed before, just me being lazy and not checking for tight spots when I adjusted the chain. As a result the chain was running too tight. Going to work in the cold and dark and returning in the cold and dark isn't conductive to bike maintenance
    FUCK THE MAGS