Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi & bloomin eck

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Got my 05 RSVR Factory for a year and done 5000km's. Had to replace stator (stator+gasket cost me 130€-check ebay for parts). With little technical knowledge you can do it yourself While changing stator i add oil cooling kit (+100€). Before riding season i also replace regulator with series one (100€). Maybe it sounds a lot but man it's worth it. Bike make me smile every time i look at her in garage not to mention when riding Can't wait for spring, so i can take her for a ride. Another thing happened during my last ride my bike begin to cutting out while riding, but i was lucky because on my dashboard there was also yellow light for side stand. So i don't need a lot of research what could be the problem (new rotary switch 80€).

Before aprilia i owned suzuki gsx-r. Great bike, problem free. But this is something completely different. You will know what i'm saying when you'll get one

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks for the heads up on the carbtune and other points folks, presently the bloke I'm dealing with isn't answering so it might be a no go for the weekend, I'll just have to wait and see how desperate he is to sell, he was asking too much on ebay and never had a bid till mine which I withdrew then he contacted us and dropped his price but like I've said I'm waiting now to hear back, I've got a van booked to pick up too so I'm a bit miffed, hoping its all comes good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzo View Post
    I've watched the Griff vids Kiwi1000R, he's a bit far south for me though no doubt I'll manage some time during ownership if I have some problem I can't figure out.
    Griff does service days (even Scotland) where someone hosts at their place and he rolls up and services and tunes as many bikes as possible in one day ...call the shop and ask ....a th set up and tune is 50ish that could make the difference between a good bike or a great bike to ride ..trust me...or better still trust griff
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

apriliaforum Member
    Yeah, like I say if the present owner doesn't come back to me within the next two days there'll likely be nothing to tune as I'll need cancel the van I'm hiring for the pickup to ensure I get my cash back, knew I should have waited, bloody ebay morons.

If he keeps it listed go back to lowball offers and break his heart

apriliaforum Member
    Its no longer listed and he had no bids other than my initial one which I withdrew only then to have him contact me through ebay offering to drop the price to one I agreed to, we have his phone number but he appears to be ignoring further contact either by phone or text, he's got till tomorrow to make his mind up whether he wants my cash or relist the bike even though theres dozens going through ebay without a bid at this time of year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12