Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valencia test

There are three kinds of people in the world, those who are good at arithmetic and those who aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    There are three kinds of people in the world, those who are good at arithmetic and those who aren't.
    or...

“There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t”.

As you were.............
    02 aprilia Futura
    15 aprilia Caponord 1200

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millietant View Post
    Counting not your strong point Varese ? . 8th in the table is Cal, just below Dovi, who was just below Bradley - 3 also-ran's together

hence the "wink"..,
    didn't grasp it was a segment of the final tally for the season.., (oops)
    just showed an 8th and a 6th

he was very strong that season - on the best Satellite bike

not too long since dovi and cal were scrapping for 3rd and 4th on the same teams Yamaha.

Back to the last couple of years:-

Redding has had a few strong rides on the Pramac..usually ending in a mechanical failure..

both he and Petrux seem to shred rear tyres.., ( so not sure Miller will fare much better..)
    I'll have to look at the stats to see how much less tall / heavy Aleix is.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Dovi finished 4th overall on atech 3 Yamaha in 2012, a brilliant performance. However that was when Ducati were not competitive, so he beat Rossi and Spies had an absolute mare of a season on the factory Yam. So with normal order resumed and barring injuries 6th is where the satellite bikes can best expect to finish. Even with brilliant performances by Zarco this year and Cal with 2 wins last year they could only finish 6th in the table

Some Moto 2 & 3 riders got after it today in Valencia.

Day 1 results:

https://motomatters.com/results/2017...es_monday.html
    I don't care about my apathy.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Exact, with nowaday's bike with 2 factory riders in each teams, beating one or more of these guys is quite the performance.
    Lucky JLo's first year didn't end up as good as he thought, Zarco was quicker, from next year if he does 6th again it's a real performance from Zarco

Poncheral said KTM dropped a big big check for Zarco for 2019, let's see if he cashes it. He also understood that if Yamaha doesn't give them a factory bike for '19 (he will not run the 2018 bike he said its 99.99% certain), he's confident they will lose him in '19 and he couldn't blame him for that.

Personally if Rossi & Dani stays in the game for 2019, I'd fucking go to KTM. From how they improved in moto 3 & 2, the great performance of Kallio & Asparagus who are not the greatest riders in the grid, if he clicks with the bike, the frenchmen would be their best bet for their 1st championship in motogp

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Dovi finished 4th overall on atech 3 Yamaha in 2012, a brilliant performance. However that was when Ducati were not competitive, so he beat Rossi and Spies had an absolute mare of a season on the factory Yam. So with normal order resumed and barring injuries 6th is where the satellite bikes can best expect to finish. Even with brilliant performances by Zarco this year and Cal with 2 wins last year they could only finish 6th in the table

Jerez

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 9.32.50 AM.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	346757
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

apriliaforum Junkie
    where do we watch that

Eugene Laverty testing the RS-GP in place of the (again) absent Aleix "Other" Espargaro.

I'm not sure there was live streaming today, as Dorna would not want us to witness newly detuned SBKs still going faster than many MotoGP bikes.

GO KAWASAKI!

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)

Roscoe now looking backwards to the '16 bike.

http://www.motogp.com/en/in+the+medi...ew-bike/247605

First on the agenda was the topic on everyone’s lips: the private test Yamaha undertook at Sepang, and what conclusions were drawn…
    “The test went well, we tried the bike with the 2016 chassis and we decided that the prototype from this season was worse,” the Italian told the programme. “We have to wait and see how the new bike will be. It will be interesting and the starting point will be the 2016 bike. Now it’s a crucial moment and Yamaha must make a leap forward."

Going into more detail on the issues that plagued 2017, Rossi said he felt something wasn’t quite right from the start: "The problem is that Viñales arrived and he was strong with this bike right away. I tried it and I didn’t feel good. I thought it was the end of the season and I wasn’t in shape, and we continued with that project but it was a mistake. What didn’t work? We did a lot of research and in my opinion the bike didn’t go well where there wasn’t much grip and it was hot. The first three races we race out of Europe and there was a lot of grip, plus in Qatar the race took place in the evening. The trouble started in Jerez."

Lulz
    Finally, when quizzed about his private life, the Italian had a truly classic soundbite in response to being asked whether he has a girlfriend: “Girlfriends? I’m single. When it comes to races, I like to be alone with my team. I don’t have much time and the life of a rider doesn’t work well with girlfriends. I'm happily married to the bike!”
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

Super High Maintenance

High consumption of time and energy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Does not sound like the 2018 is any better than the 2017, which I suppose is good news for everybody else.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    High consumption of time and energy!
    'She' looks like a ladyboy..............

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast