Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Valencia test

Zarco is saying he prefers not to know which revision he is on because it's a hindrance to his evaluations. I think the man is pretty clever with that more scientific approach.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by 02RSVVT View Post
    If so Roscoe is off to a bad start.

Finally got signed back up on MotoGP.com.

Roscoe was on the 16 bike with the 18 engine and crashed it on his second lap and says performance is better but the rear grip issue hasn't been fixed.

He and Vinny had a mix of cobbled together bikes to try and find a path to follow for next year. lol
    Looks like they still haven't recovered from losing their main rider in 2017

Zarco finishing 3rd on the 17 bike is amusing. He said with some tweaks he was able be as fast as he was over the weekend on the 16 and feels he could get more out of it, which is very likely. I guess he should lead the development of the 18 bike?

Yamaha had better figure out what they are going to offer him soon. KTM and Red Bull likely have a life changing bag of cash to offer.
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

apriliaforum expert
    Zarco seems like the real deal, albeit a little inconsistent this year. Yamaha sign him to a "factory" contract and keep him on tech 3 if Rossi decides not to retire? Move him up if he does (or re-sign Jorge)?
    Driving Force at ducatitoolrental.com
    Motorcycles: a celebration of the human condition.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by 02RSVVT View Post
    Zarco finishing 3rd on the 17 bike is amusing. He said with some tweaks he was able be as fast as he was over the weekend on the 16 and feels he could get more out of it, which is very likely. I guess he should lead the development of the 18 bike?

Well, they have had a bit more time to adjust settings without one eye on the clock or qualifying...so I should hope the teams have found better solutions than on Saturday.
    Driving Force at ducatitoolrental.com
    Motorcycles: a celebration of the human condition.

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    From A&R...Redding's thoughts

“I expected it a little bit easier than the Ducati,” Redding said, “but it was, not more difficult, but the engine style and chassis style was quite a lot different.”“Like when I went from the Honda to the Ducati, they were sort of similar, in a way, but it was easier when I went to Ducati. Now it’s like the characteristic of the engine is coming back. So that’s one thing I feel we need to work on for the future, but in general, the feeling with the bike is good.”

The way the bike needed to be attacked was both very strange and very unnatural, Redding said. “The bike struggles more with the front load, so you have to override it a lot yourself with the rear brake to do that,” Redding said.

“And that’s something we want to work on to improve. I didn’t try too much. At first I said, oh, the bike’s really stiff, it’s aggressive, so we changed some things, made it more agile, the engine more mellow. I came back today, we did this and that, and it’s better. So it’s just finding the way in the end.”

It had given Redding an appreciation of the riding of Aleix Espargaro. “Aleix’ riding style, honestly, he’s riding it well to make it do what it does,” Redding said.

“The bike is not naturally doing things it should do, and you need to override it a lot on the brakes. I was doing that, but my level to his level is again another step. So it’s just one of those things that you need time to adapt to it and do it.”

Redding’s hope was that he would go to the test next week at Jerez with an open mind and fresh ideas of how to ride the bike, unencumbered by his previous experience on the Ducati.
    “I’m pretty sure that having a break, going away, coming back in Jerez, like I went to Ducati, you start on a new track, you don’t have those lines in your mind, you have a fresh page to start from. We’ll see from there.”

So...off to a good start then?
    I don't care about my apathy.

Redding may not be good at riding a MotoGPbike, but he is fantastic at rambling excuses.

apriliaforum newb
    Why redding and bradley smith still in motogp is beyond me......

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinC View Post
    Redding may not be good at riding a MotoGPbike, but he is fantastic at rambling excuses.

there was a fuller version of that interview around..listing that Aprilia made / built new footpegs overnight for him,
    he now sort of fits..but being sat 'properly' changed the character of the bike again.
    that's why he said he wants to start afresh in Jerez.

Smith lives(d) around 10 miles from me.. but he's always been an also-ran really.( although technically pretty good - analytically)

Redding is quick on his day.. but needs some direction at times. = remember how everyone said CAL was a boon for honda because he'd been with tech 3 and Ducati,
    well Reddings done similar.. Aleix had run some weird kit - VERY successfully.

have to agree though , unless the results come , it's his last shot.

apriliaforum expert
    Sadly Redding and Baz are too big for MotoGP bikes, all that money spent on mass centralisation and they shift the weight too much

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Sadly Redding and Baz are too big for MotoGP bikes, all that money spent on mass centralisation and they shift the weight too much
    Yeah, there is an optimum size for a motogp rider, much outside of that and you're pissing against the wind.
    Rob Macelnea had the same problem, superb rider, he was just too big to cut it at the very top.
    seesecurity.com.au

apriliaforum expert
    Smith lives(d) around 10 miles from me.. but he's always been an also-ran really.( although technically pretty good - analytically
    Yeah a real also-ran...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-11-18-12-38-46.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	346556

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    Yeah a real also-ran...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-11-18-12-38-46.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	106.4 KB 
ID:	346556

8th on the 6th fastest bike

the weekends when he was in the 4 bike team in 125's .. showed where he was in the pecking order.. ( I appreciate the bikes were not always IDENTICAL)

Used to be sunny Durham, now dull and rainy Midlands, England
    Counting not your strong point Varese ? . 8th in the table is Cal, just below Dovi, who was just below Bradley - 3 also-ran's together
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Wife - '01 FZ1 (Fazer 1000), '86 VF 750 Interceptor and '07 CRF 230F
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast