Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Goat?

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    I think Marc will make history, he's an amazing talent. As much as I wanted to see Dovi win the championship. I can't but admire Marc's sheer ability to race on and over the limit, his skill level is the best in my era of watching Moto GP. His save was yet on another level, he deserves our admiration.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Tdawg, I do agree about this motorcycle...it's like he is hardwired to it. Would this be transferrable to other motorcycles? Not assurred by any means.
    Well, Im sure we will get to find out re other bikes as the chances of him being a one brand rider for his entire career are lower than zero!
    Gen 1 Tuono - On loan to a friend who will ride her.
    Tuono V4
    CBR954RR Trackie
    Vespa GTS300 - Sold to a family who will love her.

Get him on the Aprilia!
    Current bikes - 2012 Tuono V4

Blog/Website - www.onthebackwheel.com

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg View Post
    If he stays with Repsol/HRC, yes! Hes got years ahead of him. Best rider, best bike, best opportunity for favorable rules.
    "Best bike" is tenuous at best , I don't think the Honda has been the best bike since 2014. He rides around the issues that the other Honda riders can't deal with.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
    Well, I’m sure we will get to find out re other bikes as the chances of him being a one brand rider for his entire career are lower than zero!
    Why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by murphc13 View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Well, he’s 24, has potentially another 10 plus years to race and Honda traditionally don’t like their riders getting bigger than their brand! Reference one VR! Add to that the penchant that rider managers have for shopping the best deal, rightly so, I just can’t see him being a one brand racer.
    Gen 1 Tuono - On loan to a friend who will ride her.
    Tuono V4
    CBR954RR Trackie
    Vespa GTS300 - Sold to a family who will love her.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    I think Marc will make history, he's an amazing talent. As much as I wanted to see Dovi win the championship. I can't but admire Marc's sheer ability to race on and over the limit, his skill level is the best in my era of watching Moto GP. His save was yet on another level, he deserves our admiration.
    Yep he could have easily settled for second place in the race behind Zarco, but that's not his style. Bravo Marc

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
    Well, he’s 24, has potentially another 10 plus years to race and Honda traditionally don’t like their riders getting bigger than their brand! Reference one VR! Add to that the penchant that rider managers have for shopping the best deal, rightly so, I just can’t see him being a one brand racer.
    I agree but also Marcquez has this ‘Repsol’ thing going on for years and had a sponsor with Catalunya Caixa Bank in the Moto2 times!
    If I had to bet on whether he’s a one brand rider I couldn’t!
    I wouldn’t be surprised either way!

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Marc would look good in Redbull colours. Imagine Marc on a Redbull KTM. Fuk that be awesome.
    It used to be "Rock around the clock" now its "limp around the block".................................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 640 supermotard, with full titanium system and a shit load of spares. (track bike) and a Bran spanking new 1290 GT. Torque monster.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Well he's headed that direction and got plenty of time to achieve it but for the title to stick he needs to do it with another manufacturer as well..........and sooner or later the crashing is going to wreck a season for him so that could slow the freight train down a tad.

One thing I have noticed with his crashes, they're mostly front-enders either on corner entry or early in the corner when he's just coming off the brakes, rarely are they full on, bone crunching high-sides.......but even the low-sides can break bones, he's riding his luck the whole time, sooner or later its going to bite him hard on the arse.

apriliaforum expert
    MM certainly has the chance to earn that title, better than any other active rider other than the current GOAT.

He has won four of the last five championships, could easily ride another 7-10 years, and has faced very stiff competition from at least two other riders in competitive bikes every year.

Only thing about the longevity of his career: the crashes. He had nearly 30 crashes this season. True most happen in practice, but eventually his luck will run out and he will have a real bone-cruncher. His physical fitness certainly helps him avoid and recover from injuries, but getting older will naturally make him more likely to get hurt. Crashing at 30 is different than 23.

Quote Originally Posted by V4Victory View Post
    "Best bike" is tenuous at best , I don't think the Honda has been the best bike since 2014. He rides around the issues that the other Honda riders can't deal with.
    this.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

B O M B S H E L L ! Marquez and the Red Bull KTM!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    except they're poo poooing the mm rumour.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Ear popping?

That may feel like explosive decompression to some, hopefully they have oxygen masks!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast