Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Goat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Agreed 1000% on this.

I do think that special consideration should go to those who had to push start their own motorbikes when the green flag dropped. Ha!

Did King Kenny ever get his Yamaha 500 fired up at the '83 Italian GP? Last I remember he was still pushing. He might be out there tonight trying. Stand down KR, war's over buddy.
    idk. you give that guy the right motivation, he'd hop on a bike today. to prove a point.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I have a hilarious personal story about KR, when we ran into him at The Whaling Station above Cannery Row after a USGP. The story will NEVER be put into print, but it's howlingly funny. All I can divulge is that on a Political Correctness scale it rates about...zero.

A year later we see him again at Laguna Seca, over near his TZ-750 Miler. Nick Ienatsch is getting ready to introduce him to the crowd. It's my chance to mess with KR! "Oh I recognize you now!" Kenny glances over at me. "You're Freddie Spencer!" I wish I had a picture of his face! "Yeah...I'm Freddie Spencer." All the oldtimers are chuckling.

Afterwards Ienatsch comes over laughing, and said that was PERFECT!

I've changed my mind, Hailwood was the GOAT just on the strength of that 1978 TT comeback ride
    seesecurity.com.au

Let's all hope King Kenny sets up a new ranch and museum soon outside California. Never miss a chance to meet and shoot the shit with perhaps the most approachable (and wise ass) World Champion ever. It's all but guaranteed that you'll leave with some choice KR-isms and quotes.

a real wish-that i had witnessed him and sheene. on those bikes.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

Used to be sunny Durham, now dull and rainy Midlands, England
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
    Let's all hope King Kenny sets up a new ranch and museum soon outside California. Never miss a chance to meet and shoot the shit with perhaps the most approachable (and wise ass) World Champion ever. It's all but guaranteed that you'll leave with some choice KR-isms and quotes.
    From the same era, I found Barry Sheene to be much more approachable and wise ass, during their GP careers than Kenny. I remember Barry sitting at the back of a truck in the pits at Donnington, with his legs dangling over the edge (possibly at some Transaltlantic Match race, can't remember exactly what year), shooting the breeze with anyone who came past. When we stopped to talk to him, he lifted my kid brother up onto the truck and sat him beside him and just continued on chatting to us and everyone else who came along - funny stories, bad jokes, general shit, everything. We were there for about 30 mins. My brother was somewhere between 6 yrs old and 10 yrs old and he reckons he still remembers that like it was yesterday.

But, while he might be the GEOAR (Greatest Entertainer of all Racers), he's nowhere in the GOAT rankings.
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Wife - '01 FZ1 (Fazer 1000), '86 VF 750 Interceptor and '07 CRF 230F
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Take a look at @btsportmotogp's Tweet: https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/st...514152448?s=09

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213